Author Topic: Darkstar - Something Something  (Read 10763 times)

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
Darkstar - Something Something
« on: October 02, 2012, 10:05:18 AM »
Who am I kidding, It's a best of  :|

Anyway, I've recently noticed a lack in my activity in stunting so I thought I'd just throw out a best of before inactivity took over. Though this was almost a year ago or something like that and things have been going rather slowly. Samurai was supposed to edit it, but sadly his computer failed him. So I handed the project over to Rainbow who did a great and quick job. I ended up just letting him choose the songs, I just told him what kind of feel I wanted and it came out great.

Fuck I could write some pages here, which I'm not going to.
Just one quick other thing before I let you watch, the video has 5 unreleased stunts in it. See if you can spot them all  :cc_detective:

Downloads:
http://www.multiupload.nl/XXE5GNXAXV

Youtube:
Darkstar - Best Of

I was told the youtube video was private, but I have a feeling it's just unlisted so I think you can all watch it. If not you'll just have to wait for Rainbow to get back.

Hope you enjoy!

Offline Veno

• ForbiddenElement.
  • Veteran Member
  • This sentance is a lie.
    • View Profile
    • Venomous`s YouTube Channel
Re: Darkstar - Something Something
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 10:05:39 AM »
let's see.
Cool vid nice stents, loved caby stuff, and actually pcj too  :euro:
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 10:08:26 AM by Veno »

Offline Ѕcavenger

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 10:17:07 AM »
Awesome stunts but missed some stuff from you in SAiVC. :)

Offline Omma!

• Señor Member
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 10:17:17 AM »
I really loved this vid, awesome collection of stunts and awesome editing too :a-cheer:. Sad to see you leaving (if you are)  :wub:

Offline PrzemOO

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 10:21:26 AM »
Great stunts, I liked hotring hospital one the most. Was the angel triple grind one of the new stunts? If not, I wasted a while on trying it, haha. Editing was smooth and had a powerful and dynamic flow, good choice of soundtracks too.

Thanks for the shoutout, I hope you'll stick around.

Offline RedX

• Board Mods
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2012, 10:25:33 AM »
Holy fucking shitballs, that was absolutely nuts : O Can't say I didn't miss some stunts, because I always enjoy your stuff. You will always be amongst my favorite stunters and of course one of my closest friends on GTAS. The new stunts were crazy btw, loved them!

New stunts: p2b to prec, double grind spin thing on docks ship, angel multigrind. Can't spot the last two, because I had seen the rest before. I guess it's because you've shown them to me on MSN.

I might be coming to Trondheim for a weekend in November btw, like more than half of my friends have moved there to study, so I thought I'd pay a visit. We should meet up! I'll let you know ^^

Rainbow, nice job on the editing dude, really fresh atmosphere you've created here.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 10:40:09 AM by RedX »

Offline Sheep

• Nice Guy
  • Scapegoat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2012, 10:27:14 AM »
So you finally release this :P

I was expecting ridiculous big airs, but now I see you're more of a creative stunter :ajaja:
Sick cabbie stunts, grinds, precs and big airs :happy:

Good luck in future what ever you do! :wub:

Offline Art  

• Banned
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2012, 10:33:39 AM »
holy shit, those stunts were amazing

Offline Danger

• LLS Crew
  • LLS Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2012, 10:46:29 AM »
Great video, finisher was my favorite.
About editing I can say that the music was a bit quiet.

Offline Skuller

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2012, 11:03:37 AM »
I noticed the new stunts and they were really cool as long with the others :P great edit by Rainbow, really liked it also nice songs who are fitting really well and one question: Where's your finisher of Devour? I expected to see it here also as finisher or you didn't added it cuz it's in SAiVC and all of the other stunts were only in VC/LC?

Offline Gavran

• Veteran Member
  • Stop looking here and check my post instead.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2012, 11:13:10 AM »
Awesome Best Of! It's been a while since a good release in VC, and this definately put me in the mood to stunt again. Loved the new stunts (especially first part finisher since it's a bitch) and of course all the previously released ones. Thumbs up!

Also Rainbow, can't say much about the editing, because as usual you perfected it. Spot on!

Offline Ltab-

• WH Crew
  • escrachado
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2012, 11:24:01 AM »
Hell, this was so fucking amazing man! Every single stunt is perfectly executed and very well spotted. Standouts were the 2 parts finishers, hotring hospital stunt and the natbump2prec at the starfish islands arc :)
Also with a simple edit which was done very well, everything was flawless! Song also reminded me of THPS3 (regardless it's not on the soundtrack) and I have images of you, kai and me trying to beat Cooper's score :lol: :lol:

btw I've spotten only 4 new stunts I think xD
straightp2b2prec
ledgegrind2grind at docks
angel x4grind
that bump using the bus as a runup in the water (not really sure if it's unreleased though :P)

Offline Genyus

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2012, 11:25:42 AM »
This will be my most favorite VC video ever, that was sick dude. Your style is absolutely amazing, just the thing I love to see.

Offline MikeyMouse

• Vladivostok Brother | Addicted To Taxi's
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2012, 11:31:58 AM »
Fuck, those cabbie boosts...you've defintely got an eye for those  :cc_detective:.
Great stunts overall, extremely enjoyable video both editing and stunting wise :).

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2012, 11:35:05 AM »
Sad to see you leaving (if you are)  :wub:
I'll probably be stunting from time to time, just not as much. And I'll still be visiting the forums  :D

Was the angel triple grind one of the new stunts?
Yeah it was, and it was a quad grind  :euro:

New stunts: p2b to prec, double grind spin thing on docks ship, angel multigrind. Can't spot the last two, because I had seen the rest before. I guess it's because you've shown them to me on MSN.

I might be coming to Trondheim for a weekend in November btw, like more than half of my friends have moved there to study, so I thought I'd pay a visit. We should meet up! I'll let you know ^^
The other two would be the first part finisher and the bushwallride2grind. I think I've shown you all of them except the one on the ship though. Maybe you just forgot.

And nice, just say when and I'll see if I have time and money to do something  :happy:

Where's your finisher of Devour?
Firstly I decided to leave out SAiVC stunts, because I don't think I have that many good ones and just one or two is pretty dull. And if I had SAiVC in there I don't think that would have been in there anyway. Just because I don't like it, it never struck me as good looking or hard, so I don't see a reason to have it in there and it didn't mean anything to me.

And thanks for all the awesome comments so far, glad people are liking it  :a-cheer:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal