Author Topic: TMS - DSU - USS - Delta REMAKE  (Read 7269 times)

Offline Dannye

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: TMS - DSU - USS - Delta REMAKE
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2021, 07:39:05 PM »
Great work guys, that was such a fun & nostalgic watch.
No easy feat picking such a lengthy video for a recreation, and you all nailed it.
A few random things I also enjoyed with it: the time-of-day variations and the associated mix of sky colours, the zoom + freeze-frame on KJ's kick at the end of the main, and the stylish look of the delta logo and name-burns (plus being able to see the DSU logo in a video again!).
Cheers all, nicely done!

Offline Xtramus

• Technical Addict
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gtastunting.net/forums
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2021, 02:56:44 AM »
This was such a fun video to do, and I am glad Silw nailed the editing. Of course, it's always a choice between a puritan carbon copy of the old version versus a reimagination of what could be done with the new raw material. I think choosing the latter here was a very good decision so good on you! I for one really enjoyed this video, I am loving the laid-back atmosphere this video and many others nowadays have.

I'd also like to thank Kingjad for coming up with the idea, and the good chats/updates that followed as we landed (OR NOT LANDED FUCK FUCK FUCK THIS GODDAMN BRIDGE BSM) the various stunts. Revisiting all these spots by myself took me back years, and it was great to try my hand at several others from my fellow USS-ers from back in the day. It was also nice to "race" each other for some of the NK spots, I always loved that tankbump 2 grind and I am glad my version was in the main (though DC's version does have the krail, hats off!).

PS: Silw, why you gotta have 90% of the credits be my bails, I know I bailed some of these way too many times, no need to share lol :ninja:

Offline kaneda

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2021, 01:44:17 AM »
Beautiful work to everyone involved. I love the retro vibe and the intro reminded me of the first time I played VC (long before stunting even entered the equation) and thinking "WOW...this is like the best thing ever!". It's always tricky talking about the stunts when watching a remake of an older vid, but a lot of these are still sweet to watch, even a second time - also, quite a number still would have been a pain to land.

Silw's editing job was smooth as silk. I've never dabbled in Final Cut, but this editing job makes me want to look into it (although I had enough editing nightmares with the remedial Vegas 7 recently). I'm positive it was intentional, or it could just be me but I noticed some very subtle images (or footage) just noticeable over the stunt footage...or am I wrong? This isn't a criticism, just my curiosity has gotten the better of me on this.

Lastly, the music flowed well with the stunts and just added to the laid back vibe. I'm noticing more and more that editors are using slower, more melodic tunes in their vids and I love it.

Great work by everyone involved. The remakes are supplementing my nostalgia kick along with the Database.

Offline Silw

• Board Mods
  • I'm your host
    • View Profile
    • Youtube #Channel
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2021, 10:56:21 AM »
PS: Silw, why you gotta have 90% of the credits be my bails, I know I bailed some of these way too many times, no need to share lol :ninja:

Well, I tried to use all the stuff I've got and with your stuff in the Credits I could fill the credits just fine to end with the whole outro song   :mellow:

Offline Silw

• Board Mods
  • I'm your host
    • View Profile
    • Youtube #Channel
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2021, 11:11:30 AM »
Beautiful work to everyone involved. I love the retro vibe and the intro reminded me of the first time I played VC (long before stunting even entered the equation) and thinking "WOW...this is like the best thing ever!". It's always tricky talking about the stunts when watching a remake of an older vid, but a lot of these are still sweet to watch, even a second time - also, quite a number still would have been a pain to land.

Silw's editing job was smooth as silk. I've never dabbled in Final Cut, but this editing job makes me want to look into it (although I had enough editing nightmares with the remedial Vegas 7 recently). I'm positive it was intentional, or it could just be me but I noticed some very subtle images (or footage) just noticeable over the stunt footage...or am I wrong? This isn't a criticism, just my curiosity has gotten the better of me on this.

Lastly, the music flowed well with the stunts and just added to the laid back vibe. I'm noticing more and more that editors are using slower, more melodic tunes in their vids and I love it.

Great work by everyone involved. The remakes are supplementing my nostalgia kick along with the Database.

I try to implement memories of playing vice city as the usual game (missions/80's vibe etc...) in my editings. I think that reference to the vice city 80's  vibe is missing in others stunt videos, and I'm just a fan of the 80's vibe.

With the subtle images over the stunt footage you meant this right?

That was intentional. Those light flickers are maybe not  placed well at some parts but it doesn't bother me at all  :P

Offline kaneda

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2021, 10:08:35 PM »
...well I'm glad I'm not going insane.

...or maybe that answer to my post doesn't exist!!

Offline Kingjad

• Veteran Member
  • Fat Bastard
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2021, 01:15:04 PM »
I made a live review a while back, but forgot to post it. So here it is - you'll need to max out your volume though as the recording of it went pretty weird. Sorry about that.

https://youtu.be/jPqu9yIN5Vw

Offline NEM

• wasteland heroes
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2021, 11:26:04 AM »
Watched the original video and realized it has the same song as Driveshaft :lol: kickass video, lots of people I admire in it :wub: good job everyone involved, cant even imagine how much time that took to get it right

Offline NumeRo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2021, 05:00:23 AM »
Fifa 21 soundtrack <3 enjoyable editing i like that!  :wub:

Offline Conatus

• Brassica oleracea var. botrytis
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2021, 05:48:22 AM »
Well first off, the music choice just fit perfectly with the 80's vibe that Silw knows how to orchestrate. I totally approve of using Final Cut Pro, it makes the editing more unique with rarely used effects. About the intro  I felt like I was watching David Sandberg's medium-length film. Nevertheless, I didn't especially like the part with Kingjad watching the screen, I found the overlay too much but that's just my opinion. Stunts were pleasant to watch.

Nice remake guys!

Offline Diaz

• Veteran Member
  • WH
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2021, 03:23:43 AM »
It was pleasant and enjoyable to watch guys, hats off to you all!
Stuntingwise there is nothing much to add, sweet relands. Editingwise it was amazing, I really enjoyed it. As Silw himself mentioned, that 80s VC vibe is present and it made the atmosphere so cool. Liked the song as well, it was long enough to make it to the end of the main part.
My only concern is that I missed some guys from the original one  :( Have you tried contacting some (more) of them? For example Dannye is around, I expected him to be in this as well.

Offline Kingjad

• Veteran Member
  • Fat Bastard
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2021, 03:40:24 AM »
It was pleasant and enjoyable to watch guys, hats off to you all!
Stuntingwise there is nothing much to add, sweet relands. Editingwise it was amazing, I really enjoyed it. As Silw himself mentioned, that 80s VC vibe is present and it made the atmosphere so cool. Liked the song as well, it was long enough to make it to the end of the main part.
My only concern is that I missed some guys from the original one  :( Have you tried contacting some (more) of them? For example Dannye is around, I expected him to be in this as well.
Dannye was someone we got in contact with just as we were finishing up the video, to be honest. I did say earlier the stunts were all landed end of October/start of November. We found Dannye in December of last year or around about then.

I know X has tried in vain to find BJnumbers. No luck there, he's been gone since like 2007 or something! I've managed to find several TMS-ers and was fortunate a couple contributed stunts for this but the fact is most have moved on from stunting. Brainkiller, Plethzorb, Kert, Fugitive, NuclearDeath, Sadness, Turtle Dick, ExPlosion and DeathCobra are the TMS guys I've found so far since returning last summer and are doing well. I consider it extremely fortunate that Explo, TD and DC got stunts for this re-make but as far as I know only DC and myself are the only 'active' stunters in TMS, as Explo hasn't shown anything since and TD's laptop won't allow him to stunt either.

Glad you enjoyed it, the editing does make this a very enjoyable watch I agree.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal