Author Topic: What About This  (Read 15535 times)

Offline Daffy

• V.I.P. Member
  • WH & NU Founder
    • View Profile
Re: What About This
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2016, 12:18:54 PM »
Gryz: 'messes with' is a bullshit, nonspecific, meaningless description that does nothing to explain what it 'messes up', just like saying that it 'breaks the physics'... how, in what way does it brake it? Does it make the game crash or cause NPC-vehicles to fly? Turn Tommy into a pink dildo? It does neither, physics-wise it's very similar to the difference in SA, the main difference is folks being used to it being the status-quo norm in SA. Now reps on the other hand, they don't work the way you expect it to being used to SA. Give it a try. If you don't know the difference in how it affects reps you obviously don't know enough to appropriately claim that it breaks ANYTHING.

Pretty sad, Max, pretty sad.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DksSPZTZES0
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 12:21:00 PM by Daffy »

Offline Gryzlek

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2016, 12:20:56 PM »
Go play VC for 3 minutes without limiting your fps and tell me it doesn't break the physics.

Offline Daffy

• V.I.P. Member
  • WH & NU Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2016, 12:21:23 PM »
I challenge you to do the same. And if you want to have an actual conversation, you need to define what 'breaks the physics' means. Until then you're just throwing shit at a wall hoping it sticks.

Offline Gryzlek

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2016, 12:22:56 PM »
Challenge accepted.

Offline Herb

• Nothingness
  • Veteran Member
  • I'm not living in Heaven, I'm living in Hell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2016, 12:23:04 PM »
Look just because you think you're the end all be all authority on VC stunting, doesn't mean everyone has to automatically conform to what you think is OK and proper.

I've tried FL off in VC before. It DOES affect handling. When driving a car, ANY car, you'll roll it doing sharp turns with fl off.

Offline Daffy

• V.I.P. Member
  • WH & NU Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2016, 12:27:05 PM »
I'm just a dude with an opinion, just like you. But, unlike you I can actually form a point instead of throwing meaningless arguments you cannot even clearly define. Also I don't need to attack someone's character when I run out of shit to say. And the irony of you claiming I'm trying to get people to conform when I'm the one letting this new fella know he doesn't have to conform to YOUR expectations :lol:

Offline Gryzlek

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2016, 12:28:21 PM »
I played the game for 30 seconds and this is what happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lteYIDg8Un8&feature=youtu.be

This is my definition of "broken physics"

also the replay system captured less than 1 second of gameplay

Offline Daffy

• V.I.P. Member
  • WH & NU Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2016, 12:34:06 PM »
This is my definition of "broken physics"
What part? Stats-wise? Wobbling back and forth a little bit when you stand on uneven ground against a wall? That can happen without FL off too, doesn't prove anything. And even if that wasn't the case, how does a static position affect a dynamic stunt? In what way whatsoever?

also the replay system captured less than 1 second of gameplay
And there's my point about how it's unpractical, in VC it stores all the extra frames as information so if you have say 300fps you get a rep that's 1/10th the length of a normal one while SA discards the ones that aren't necessary for more than 30fps. If you want it to be practical you need to force frame limiter so it sticks at 60fps and then either record at 60fps with FL off or record with 30fps during FL off and speed up the clip later.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 12:36:53 PM by Daffy »

Offline Herb

• Nothingness
  • Veteran Member
  • I'm not living in Heaven, I'm living in Hell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2016, 12:38:23 PM »
Its like talking to brickwall  :lol: Fine you win. New guy, stunt however you want, just don't expect people to take you seriously.

Offline Gryzlek

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2016, 12:43:29 PM »
I got you 2 examples of stuff that breaks with FL-OFF in a 30 second video. I could make a 5 minute video full of stuff way worse than this, but i bet it still won't be enough and you will still say FL-OFF works perfectly fine..

Offline Daffy

• V.I.P. Member
  • WH & NU Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2016, 12:45:43 PM »
Herb: That's how it feels when you arguments are like tiny rubber bullets, they're not gonna make a dent. Sadly, you're right that some folks would dismiss his stunts... that's how the status quo works. If ya'll want to breathe some new life into the game you should organize an FL off collaboration  to see more possibilities the game has to offer as most of you should have the hardware to run the game with FL and there's bound to be at least one editor who can make use of the reps.

Gryzlek: You're not answering my questions, if you want to have a different conversation you can have it with yourself.

Offline Gryzlek

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2016, 12:46:45 PM »
Which question?

Offline Daffy

• V.I.P. Member
  • WH & NU Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2016, 12:52:14 PM »
Next time try to actually read my post before you reply.

Offline Gryzlek

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2016, 01:01:24 PM »
I did read your post but i didn't see a question that i thought needed answering.

And even if that wasn't the case, how does a static position affect a dynamic stunt? In what way whatsoever?

This one?

Like i said this was just a random example video i made to show you that FL-OFF differences are huge (compared to SA) and noticeable right from the start. There are way worse things that happen with FL-OFF, like cars rolling during turns as Herb mentioned, or bikes randomly braking. Would you still not consider that 'physics breaking'?

edit: You joked about game crashing with FL-OFF but my VC turns black screen each time i pause it and try to go back. Unplayable enough? :lol:
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 01:03:28 PM by Gryzlek »

Offline Daffy

• V.I.P. Member
  • WH & NU Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2016, 01:16:08 PM »
What part? Stats-wise? Wobbling back and forth a little bit when you stand on uneven ground against a wall? That can happen without FL off too, doesn't prove anything. And even if that wasn't the case, how does a static position affect a dynamic stunt? In what way whatsoever?
You having driver-problems is not proof of the physics being broken. Those two things are unrelated. I don't stunt with cars at all and there's no advantage in car-stunting with FL off unlike there is with bikes. Never has a bike randomly turned the brakes on for me and I've played more than you think with FL off, unlike you who didn't even know how it cuts the reps  :cc_detective:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal