Author Topic: Noobish stunter needs help  (Read 4278 times)

Offline math22

• French PS3 stunter PSNid:MAT_22_
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/math22math22
Noobish stunter needs help
« on: March 09, 2013, 06:01:44 PM »
Well hello there!

ive recently started stunting SA on PS3, i got few clips not so amazing but acceptable for first stunts...

so im having difficulties with the "RAD speed method" when i try it, it makes me feel im going slower then when i only do a "small tilt".... and also when i do the RAD method i sometime hit small cracks of the road, so it makes lose my wheelie and some of my speed!

do you have some tips and tricks, i tried to find tutorials on youtube and didnt found any        good/recent one's

watch this maybe you ll know what i do wrong:

Sans titre

Offline Art  

• Banned
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Noobish stunter needs help
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 06:09:12 PM »
FPS matter, thats the classic shaky rad. you are getting rid of that after 60fps i think on PC version. also as far as i know rads weren't successful on ps2.

Offline math22

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 01:53:22 PM »
i think the method works good coz i just landed this stunt using the method and i wasnt able without it...

and also can someone explain me how to do those taxi boost?

how to suck at sa

it just doesnt work

Offline Art  

• Banned
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 02:17:21 PM »
do the 100 fares mission and jump using horn key.

Offline Rusch69

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 02:26:40 PM »
RADs is only shaky with FL ON. With 30 FPS or more it's already quite stable and it seems pretty okay on PS3. When pulling the wheelie to get into that vertical position, you'll lose speed.

The SA map is bugged, the objects don't match each other 100%ly in Z-coordinates, therefore there's some height differences. That knocks you out of RADs pretty often. You can avoid it by going back into a normal wheelie before going over a so called "road bump". After passing it, just get back into the vertical RADs position.

RADs only pays off on stunts with long run-up. Tapping lean forward has a better acceleration, but is limited to ~200km/h while RADs goes up to ~300km/h.

You need to finish 50 taxi rides to unlock the hopping function. With the horn button you can make the car jump. Boosting on left walls is much easier. As it seems the left front tire seems to be the best. You can't make use of roll-boosting on PS3, so your boosts will be rather small in comparison. Also don't forget to install NOS.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 02:28:13 PM by Rusch69 »

Offline math22

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 03:06:52 PM »
daaaeemm 50 taxi mission :0 will be so boring :(

thanks for the advices

Offline Art  

• Banned
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2013, 03:20:27 PM »
Also don't forget to install NOS.

you're getting NOS after finishing that fares mission in taxi too  ;) mainly cause you cant modify taxi in transfender

Offline math22

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2013, 03:29:42 PM »
but theres a cheat code that give nitrous to every 4 wheels vehicule!? and also theres one that give nitrous to taxis, im using it in this video!?

if im understanding well, completing the 50 cab missions will give me a bigger boost then with the cheat code ?

Offline Art  

• Banned
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2013, 03:38:07 PM »
but theres a cheat code that give nitrous to every 4 wheels vehicule!? and also theres one that give nitrous to taxis, im using it in this video!?

if im understanding well, completing the 50 cab missions will give me a bigger boost then with the cheat code ?

you simply can't boost without completing cab mission cause you got no taxi jumping without it. it's necessary to do it if you want to boost.

Offline RAD

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2013, 09:58:19 PM »
As Rusch mentioned, not all the objects line up perfectly, either with small gaps, small height differences in the z/horizontal axis, or small bumps such as those found at traffic intersections.

You can avoid these somehow, by going through them at a slight angle, or tapping left or right as you pass through an area of the map that causes you to bump out of my method. Not tapping forward while leant back can also avoid bumping out, so can leaning forward then back for a moment on particularly bad parts of the map.

The feeling of going slower when leaning back is just an illusion; IMO you're actually gathering momentum, and releasing it once you've stopped leaning back.

It's also possible to start leant back, and make a corner before a straight if the runup isn't long enough.

Offline math22

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2013, 06:08:24 AM »
okk maybe the illusion is caused because when starting the wheelie, the camera angle get a tad higher so the speed sensation seems less important.

As Rusch mentioned, not all the objects line up perfectly, either with small gaps, small height differences in the z/horizontal axis, or small bumps such as those found at traffic intersections.
is it the same thing on PC?

Offline Art  

• Banned
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2013, 06:24:36 AM »
okk maybe the illusion is caused because when starting the wheelie, the camera angle get a tad higher so the speed sensation seems less important.

is it the same thing on PC?

gonna do some screens for you right now, posting them in few minutes
e\ gonna post them later, my internet is like 10kb/s now
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 06:33:09 AM by Art   »

Offline Rusch69

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2013, 07:46:42 AM »
The feeling of going slower when leaning back is just an illusion; IMO you're actually gathering momentum, and releasing it once you've stopped leaning back.

It depends on what speed you're pulling the wheelie at. When a road bump kicks one out of the vertical position and you're still above "non-RADs" max speed (tapping lean forward only = ~200km/h), a new wheelie will cost you speed. The acceleration while pulling a wheelie when being within the range of non-RADs speeds is also worse compared to tapping lean forward only, simply cuz you can't lean forward while pulling up the bike at the same time. To make it short: A wheelie is bad for a second, but pays off in speed if you can do it for a while. :P

DC had a sweet video comparing stuff on his channel years ago with CamHack speedo. I myself use a speedo for years already and find it extremely helpful to estimate a stunt's possibility by checking the stats and maximum speed given by the available run-up. There's compatibility problems with CamHack these days and versions below v1.2 display the speeds incorrectly. spookie's speedometer mod is the shit even though it looks ugly.

E: There's minor map differences between the PC & PS2/3 versions of SA, but I guess the road bumps are the same. At least I get ones myself on the LS airport where you had 'em too. :P
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 07:50:53 AM by Rusch69 »

Offline +ZealousR+

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2013, 02:58:40 PM »
Everyone pretty much covered everything already but a few extra things I noticed are..

If you're RADing there's going to be a few things that will mess up a clean RAD

- Slow Road (Roads that slow down RAD
 - Road Cuts (parts of a road that will cut off your road either by making it bump slightly or making your bike lean forward
 - Curbs (make your bike bump during road, like Road Cuts but you can use curbs to stunt)

Although it looks like you're going slow RAD Extravagantly increases your speed when you manually go down from RADing you'll see you're bike have a burst of speed.

it will help (if you prefer) to get a speedometer, google will make it easy to find. if you watch your speedometer you'll see your speed increase alot more than just regular speed without RADing

also, There's a SCM that will make things more convenient to stunt with (loading spots, spawning cars, ghost town, and so on) it will take a few uses to get used to the controls and setting but it'll be natural after a bit.

here you go http://www.mediafire.com/download/3jmt16fkyqbcj8k/SA_Dannye_Main_SCM.rar

happy stunting (:
 - Zealous

Offline dirtybird78

• misSdirecti0n
  • V.I.P. Member
  • Est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2014, 12:40:37 AM »
Everyone pretty much covered everything already but a few extra things I noticed are..

If you're RADing there's going to be a few things that will mess up a clean RAD

- Slow Road (Roads that slow down RAD
 - Road Cuts (parts of a road that will cut off your road either by making it bump slightly or making your bike lean forward
 - Curbs (make your bike bump during road, like Road Cuts but you can use curbs to stunt)

Although it looks like you're going slow RAD Extravagantly increases your speed when you manually go down from RADing you'll see you're bike have a burst of speed.

it will help (if you prefer) to get a speedometer, google will make it easy to find. if you watch your speedometer you'll see your speed increase alot more than just regular speed without RADing

also, There's a SCM that will make things more convenient to stunt with (loading spots, spawning cars, ghost town, and so on) it will take a few uses to get used to the controls and setting but it'll be natural after a bit.

here you go http://www.mediafire.com/download/3jmt16fkyqbcj8k/SA_Dannye_Main_SCM.rar

happy stunting (:
 - Zealous

I realize this topic is over a year old, but it's only 5 places down and mat is a buddy so I would like to say a couple things on here anyway :p

First off, Kudos to you for stunting SA on the ps3. and to the last commenter, you can't put Dannye's main SCM and speedometers an such on the ps2/ps3 version of SA. Also, I would like to add, I have stunted SA for PC and ps2/ps3. Stunting SA on the ps2/ps3 has a different feel than PC. I noticed just simple things like curb bump to grind's take dozens of tries oppose to the PC version where I can do the curb bump grinds on the first try, and multiple times in a row. The handle is just different, I can't explain how but it is wayyyy harder to stunt on the ps2/3 version of SA than the PC version.

Oh, and you can't fly up the wall in a cabbie like you see these guys do, because you can only do that on the PC version. You need a mouse to do that trick, it's called a "roll boost" or something.

Also, I noticed you weren't doing the up/down method while radding. I thought you are suppose to still lean up and down while in a RAD. Well, anyway, good luck with the ps3 stunting, You definitely have my respect friend ;) see you on GTA0!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 02:57:13 PM by Ryze »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal