Author Topic: Use of macros in stunting  (Read 1832 times)

Offline Kingjad

• Veteran Member
  • Fat Bastard
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Use of macros in stunting
« on: May 15, 2021, 11:40:17 AM »
So, I feel it's a good talking point: how would you feel about stunters using macros while stunting?

For me I personally think it shouldn't be used. But the simple fact is that some stunters do use macros, and feel there's nothing wrong with that. So I want to see how the community feels overall and get some good open discussion about the subject.

Offline AllBeast

• pro stunter
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Use of macros in stunting
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2021, 11:57:25 AM »
only pro use them, so it is ok

but in all serious it is very limited where possible to use macros, trust me

Offline Aries

• V.I.P. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2021, 12:00:40 PM »
I dislike it, although a "declared" video in the modding section with macro'ed stunts in would be sweet.

Anybody that does anything macro related but hides it, sucks.

Offline Nitzkit

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2021, 12:03:12 PM »
I personally never saw a need to use macros for stunting and I've thought recently about how one would actually make landing a stunt easier and I find that my answer is that there is negligible improvement or if any improvement at all.

In regards to whether or not someone should use them in a video and whether or not the fact they landed a stunt using macros should be looked down upon in my opinion is a waste of energy. I couldn't care less if they did or not because it doesn't actually change game physics or mod the game in any way.

Just my 2 cents.

Offline AllBeast

• pro stunter
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2021, 12:08:09 PM »
I personally never saw a need to use macros for stunting and I've thought recently about how one would actually make landing a stunt easier and I find that my answer is that there is negligible improvement or if any improvement at all.

In regards to whether or not someone should use them in a video and whether or not the fact they landed a stunt using macros should be looked down upon in my opinion is a waste of energy. I couldn't care less if they did or not because it doesn't actually change game physics or mod the game in any way.

Just my 2 cents.
and you absolutly right, because people who know how game works, will never start bitching about macros

Offline jooker

• LLS Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2021, 12:36:32 PM »
In what does macros help at stunting? Radding?

Offline Herb

• Nothingness
  • Veteran Member
  • I'm not living in Heaven, I'm living in Hell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2021, 12:43:37 PM »
The only thing I could see it helping on are taxi boosts.

Offline Bixel

• Veteran Member
  • DSS Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2021, 01:16:31 PM »
In what does macros help at stunting? Radding?
back in 2010 MeetMyMeat was teaching me how to RAD in SA with macro, so its not something from recent times, almost as old as stunting itself

Offline Jason

• V.I.P. Member
  • Grains in the hourglass.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2021, 03:55:30 PM »
There are no instances where using a macro will make a stunt easier. Taking into account how random the game engine is, the framerate, the terrain, the handling of bikes. You can't script something that overcomes all these variables to consistently give you a result.

But if we were talking about rapidfire then the conversation changes. But at the same time, I would compare it to binding to the scrollwheel. The framerate of the game is ultimately a restriction to how many commands you can input, so there would be no difference to scrolling or holding a rapidfire button.

I've got a mouse that allows free scrolling, I toggle a button and flick the scrollwheel and it spins like a crazy bitch until I stop it, but this actually doesn't work, it's producing too many inputs for the game to register. So I use a rapidfire button for doing boosts where I could also use scrollboosting. I can't scrollboost, it feels weird to me lol.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 03:57:02 PM by Jason »

Offline AllBeast

• pro stunter
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2021, 04:13:37 PM »
There are no instances where using a macro will make a stunt easier. Taking into account how random the game engine is, the framerate, the terrain, the handling of bikes. You can't script something that overcomes all these variables to consistently give you a result.

But if we were talking about rapidfire then the conversation changes. But at the same time, I would compare it to binding to the scrollwheel. The framerate of the game is ultimately a restriction to how many commands you can input, so there would be no difference to scrolling or holding a rapidfire button.

I've got a mouse that allows free scrolling, I toggle a button and flick the scrollwheel and it spins like a crazy bitch until I stop it, but this actually doesn't work, it's producing too many inputs for the game to register. So I use a rapidfire button for doing boosts where I could also use scrollboosting. I can't scrollboost, it feels weird to me lol.
rapidfire button is macros, start hate him people
joking, i don't give fuck, anyone can use anything, if it is not modding

Offline Ezraph2001

• Live, love, laugh, Limberly Kippington
    • View Profile
    • stan nmixx
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2021, 06:42:30 PM »
I have absolutely zero experience with macros...

Scrollboosting is fun to use for me. If I were to use a macro to boost, then that replaces the scrollboosting and I could even use it at a normal basis if I want to.

Offline Lex

• No longer active
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2021, 09:12:02 PM »

I got a G502 Proteus spectrum, free roll doesn't work on cabbie on SA, I'd tried the radding with free roll like 10roll per sec and it's worst.

other

macros doesn't really affect stunting on my experience or it is? it gives you some advantage in some area

Offline .Dakar

• gta vc creator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2021, 10:42:07 PM »
I only used master stunting 5000
That one little trick that sticks you bike to the floor, but since I use ab VC version that doesn't work anymore, about macros, as long as it doesn't change the game or car physics should b ok  :ffvsielj3:

Offline SoLoD

• Fan of 2008 SA stunting. Fan of 2011 video editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2021, 05:03:17 AM »
Depends on what sense you put in stunting. Clear your mind, understand that stunting has nothing behind it, and all your questions about mods, cheats and everything else will fly away.

Offline Kingjad

• Veteran Member
  • Fat Bastard
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2021, 05:33:42 AM »
Macros can, and has, been used in taxi stunting and rhino stunting (for rhinos it can be used to fire the turret for you while you focus on other aspects of the stunt like steering). There's an arguement to be made that with the right set-up you can utilise macros to give you the perfect amount of turret fire to time it perfectly each time too - it eliminates the human error factor by automating that particular part of the process.

The theory also goes that macros would assist those that perform bike stunts requiring a lot of speeds using RAD's method - but I'm unsure how much of an advantage that would give in a realistic sense.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal