Author Topic: GTAStunting Needs You  (Read 19524 times)

Offline Aries

• V.I.P. Member
    • View Profile
Re: GTAStunting Needs You
« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2012, 08:27:14 AM »
This is exactly the problem I had, unfortunately there are only a few people that donate regularly, and it's unfair on these individuals to have to take on the burden of paying for the hosting. Most people will only donate if you post something like this, or if the site goes down and they want to get it back up.

If I were you I'd look at getting some kind of advertising going on, I know it's hasn't been too successful in the past, as only Google Adwords were used, but I'm sure given that your visits per month are probably still quite high, you'll be able to find some kind of advertising within the same gaming/GTA industry.

Good luck, would hate to see Gtastunting dwindle down again.

Offline puzzLe

• Veteran Member
  • Wasteland Heroes
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2012, 03:40:02 PM »
MATTEHHHHH

Offline dirtybird78

• misSdirecti0n
  • V.I.P. Member
  • Est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2012, 12:59:47 PM »
I will be donating a large sum of money very soon.

Offline Payton Westlake

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 09, 2012, 06:52:33 AM »
Hang on a minute.  The fee is yearly is it not?  How many members do we have?  If we all over the course of one year could just donate a $1, that would cover the fee and then some right?  We just all have to try and commit just once every year.

I know it's hard trying to convince everyone to help pay for the site they frequent most, but what's $1 a year.  If you put it in such simple terms, that should be easy right?

I'm writing this quick and on the fly.  I'll come back later today and see if we can problem solve this.

-PW
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 02:37:07 PM by Payton Westlake »

Offline AJ Collins

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • RockstarNexus
« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2012, 07:40:51 PM »
Hang on a minute.  The fee is yearly is it not?  How many members do we have?  If we all over the course of one year could just donate a $1, that would cover the fee and then some right?  We just all have to try and commit just once every year.

I know it's hard trying to convince everyone to help pay for the site they frequent most, but what's $1 a year.  If you put it in such simple terms, that should be easy right?

I'm writing this quick and on the fly.  I'll come back later today and see if we can problem solve this.

-PW
Getting everyone to donate money will never work, even if it is just $1. Besides, after PayPal takes it's cut it's not even a dollar anymore.

is there a way we could donate through onebip? Its a SMS donation
Onebip doesn't have a very good reputation from what I've read. They take 50% of the donation and can take months before they deposit the money into an account.

Offline Psycho

• Insomniac.
  • Veteran Member
  • <_<
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 01, 2012, 10:17:11 AM »
;) Hope that helps. For the record, how much does it take per year, overall, to keep the site running?

Offline AJ Collins

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • RockstarNexus
« Reply #66 on: June 13, 2012, 12:39:53 PM »
;) Hope that helps. For the record, how much does it take per year, overall, to keep the site running?
Thanks man! Currently it's around $150 excluding tax and domain fees a year.

Offline Blaze

• USS Crew
    • View Profile
    • Bike Gallery
« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2012, 08:44:14 AM »
Start regular uploads/set up Monetization/Partnership on the YT account? 2.3k subs..

I'll donate once my new bank card gets here ( 2 weeks )

Offline Turtle Boy

• Shell Shocked.
  • Admin
  • not afraid of dying, pieces of me die all the time
    • View Profile
    • Skyler Mead
« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2012, 11:28:48 AM »
Everyone uses copyrighted music. Many many of the videos with many of the views would not be eligible.

Offline MikeyMouse

• Vladivostok Brother | Addicted To Taxi's
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 16, 2012, 11:44:36 AM »
Everyone uses copyrighted music. Many many of the videos with many of the views would not be eligible.
Just incase there are some videos uploaded without copyrighted music you'll need this which I use on another account for monetisation.

"Copyright for Rockstar: USER CREATED CONTENT: The Software may allow you to create content, including but not limited to a gameplay map, a scenario, screenshot of a car design or a video of your game play. In exchange for use of the Software, and to the extent that your contributions through use of the Software give rise to any copyright interest, you hereby grant Licensor an exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, fully transferable and sub-licensable worldwide right and license to use your contributions in any way and for any purpose in connection with the Software and related goods and services, including the rights to reproduce, copy, adapt, modify, perform, display, publish, broadcast, transmit, or otherwise communicate to the public by any means whether now known or unknown and distribute your contributions without any further notice or compensation to you of any kind for the whole duration of protection granted to intellectual property rights by applicable laws and international conventions."

Spent ages trying to find it, so if the monetisation idea goes through that saves you some time  :lol:

Offline Psycho

• Insomniac.
  • Veteran Member
  • <_<
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 16, 2012, 11:59:11 AM »
Just incase there are some videos uploaded without copyrighted music you'll need this which I use on another account for monetisation.

"Copyright for Rockstar: USER CREATED CONTENT: The Software may allow you to create content, including but not limited to a gameplay map, a scenario, screenshot of a car design or a video of your game play. In exchange for use of the Software, and to the extent that your contributions through use of the Software give rise to any copyright interest, you hereby grant Licensor an exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, fully transferable and sub-licensable worldwide right and license to use your contributions in any way and for any purpose in connection with the Software and related goods and services, including the rights to reproduce, copy, adapt, modify, perform, display, publish, broadcast, transmit, or otherwise communicate to the public by any means whether now known or unknown and distribute your contributions without any further notice or compensation to you of any kind for the whole duration of protection granted to intellectual property rights by applicable laws and international conventions."

Spent ages trying to find it, so if the monetisation idea goes through that saves you some time  :lol:
Yeah that's helpful, for example RoosterTeeth and Machinima make money off of Halo videos, but as long as we're going to be doing that we need to make sure to use free to share music, if even that is allowed. Do you know where one might find a list of songs/bands that are allowed to be used?

Offline MikeyMouse

• Vladivostok Brother | Addicted To Taxi's
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 17, 2012, 05:12:24 PM »

Yeah that's helpful, for example RoosterTeeth and Machinima make money off of Halo videos, but as long as we're going to be doing that we need to make sure to use free to share music, if even that is allowed. Do you know where one might find a list of songs/bands that are allowed to be used?
Type in royalty free music on google and anything there is allowed to be used :) + I'll be able to obtain written conformation from 2 bands (heavens basement and jettblack) to use their music.

Offline Turtle Boy

• Shell Shocked.
  • Admin
  • not afraid of dying, pieces of me die all the time
    • View Profile
    • Skyler Mead
« Reply #72 on: June 22, 2012, 11:36:06 PM »
And there are often many songs on Soundcloud up for grabs, I think it could be done. Just have to be careful of the laws/rules.

Offline puzzLe

• Veteran Member
  • Wasteland Heroes
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 23, 2012, 05:54:23 AM »
What about this; everyone on GTAS who starts using uncopyrighted/royalty free music in their music vids gets rewarded by having their video uploaded to the official GTAS channel, so we can actually make profits off the video's to keep the site online.

Offline Psycho

• Insomniac.
  • Veteran Member
  • <_<
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 25, 2012, 12:53:49 PM »
What about this; everyone on GTAS who starts using uncopyrighted/royalty free music in their music vids gets rewarded by having their video uploaded to the official GTAS channel, so we can actually make profits off the video's to keep the site online.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal