Author Topic: Post Mortem Krail2grind  (Read 21351 times)

Offline Rainbow

• Coeur de taxi
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/Rainbowstunting
Post Mortem Krail2grind
« on: April 07, 2020, 10:37:21 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p2BQOHFB2I

At 3:12 in Post Mortem Daffy does a krail2grind from the big construction site building in VC, to the 2nd rail. I've tried this for quite a while and many people besides me have tried it as well, but nobody has even gotten close to getting to the 2nd rail with a krail. Tried short run-up (better turn angle but less speed), long run-up, anything in between, just steering, tapping lean back for more angle while turning, handbrake, FL-Off, Master Trickster 5000 (the infinite stoppie PCJ glitch), the grip cheat, whatever. Blown open building doesn't help and you can see he's driving straight so it wouldn't make any difference. Best I can do is roughly krail to the 1st rail with a short run-up or a long run-up where I tap the handbrake.

Posting it as a challenge now because I want someone to tell me how this is done.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 05:15:07 AM by Rainbow »

Offline Srcry

• DUSTED
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Post Mortem Krail2grind
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2020, 11:01:17 AM »
haha, I read the title as "Post Modern Krail2grind" and was expecting some creative shit that would bend space and time.

Offline waNEr

• ok
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2020, 11:24:19 AM »
haha, I read the title as "Post Modern Krail2grind" and was expecting some creative shit that would bend space and time.

lmao i was like "damn what did rainbow come up with now"

Offline Blaze

• USS Crew
    • View Profile
    • Bike Gallery
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2020, 12:38:53 PM »
Gave it a shot for 20 minutes or so and same as you roughly made it to the first rail except instead of handbrake I'd let off the gas and turn whilst leaning back to skid the bike a little. One thing I noticed and this could just be pure placebo but on a few attempts it felt like hitting the edge on a certain angle gave a little bit of a boost - could just be my mind playing tricks on me but I thought it was worth mentioning.

edit: in Nitzkit's review of the vid he said this: 3:13 -   awesome grindage...ZX knew that was possible....nice way to put on the breaks too

:unsure:
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 01:41:11 PM by Blaze »

Offline Krypton

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2020, 02:26:06 PM »
ive tried this before too, cant even get close the to second rail. cant say i tried for too long, but i gave up pretty easily as I wasnt even getting close. No idea how it did it, but would love to see somebody figure it out.

E: went in to try it out, not even getting the first rail now lol. but tried bouncing off the wall for a little extra angle, handbraking, cant reach the rail.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 06:40:27 PM by Krypton »

Offline Herb

• Nothingness
  • Veteran Member
  • I'm not living in Heaven, I'm living in Hell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2020, 03:33:44 PM »
Pretty sure it's modded imo. Which is unfortunate  :cheersad:

Offline Diaz

• Veteran Member
  • WH
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2020, 01:52:56 AM »
I'm not aware of such VC speculations and stuff like that so I don't know how long this stunt has been bothering you all, but it's remarkable if this stunt is accepted as modded after 12+ years of release  :lol: Daffy must hid it perfectly then. What amazes me is the fact that it's such a plain stunt. No long and complicated runup, 'simply' just jumping off, krail and grind. I know it might not be this easy, but we can agree it's not a very complicated and complex stunt afterall. Now I'd like to know how Daffy did it or if it is modded. Someone find out this please  :D

lmao i was like "damn what did rainbow come up with now"
also this

Offline Rainbow

• Coeur de taxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2020, 02:55:32 AM »
Daffy must hid it perfectly then. What amazes me is the fact that it's such a plain stunt.
And there's your answer  :cc_detective: Nobody really attempts it because it's just a ramp2grind. If in 2 weeks from now nobody has even gotten close I'll just rule it as modded in my mind until the day he replies to me on Discord or on the forums somewhere and explains it. Because I don't see how it can be done. Which would be a sad thing because I really, really don't want to start questioning his other stuff because of a fucking ramp2grind. I think they hid the infinite PCJ stoppie method for a good 4+ years so who knows, perhaps there is a tiny chance there is something else.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 02:57:51 AM by Rainbow »

Offline Skuller

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2020, 03:36:31 AM »
I bailed the second rail! But with the gravity mod. :lol:

Offline Srcry

• DUSTED
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2020, 03:37:05 AM »
I think they hid the infinite PCJ stoppie method for a good 4+ years so who knows, perhaps there is a tiny chance there is something else.
the jig is up! time for a certain someone to reveal super ultimate mega-trickmeister10000. (you know who you are.)  :cc_detective:

Offline The Big V

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2020, 04:24:58 AM »
If in 2 weeks from now nobody has even gotten close I'll just rule it as modded in my mind

inb4 fckr appears and lands it with 2000+ rotation and ground recoil.

Offline Ezraph2001

• Live, love, laugh, Limberly Kippington
    • View Profile
    • stan nmixx
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2020, 05:45:35 AM »
If in 2 weeks from now nobody has even gotten close I'll just rule it as modded in my mind

like the ones in decerto

Offline Rainbow

• Coeur de taxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2020, 05:56:29 AM »
That guy has really made you angry hasn't he? You cannot stop mentioning him.

Offline Sheep

• Nice Guy
  • Scapegoat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2020, 08:07:05 AM »
I wanted to remake one of Daffy's solos. Re-watched the videos to check if there is anything I couldn't land.
This stunt was easily the hardest of any. Never got close but I thought my tactic was wrong; steering, leaning or something but never had I doubted Daffy for modding. I should try this again when I have time. :ajaja:

Offline Rusch69

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2020, 08:18:42 AM »
Just WH things :euro:

I remember Daffy being all for allowing FL OFF in VC too, probably he's been fucking around with that - just a thought. I wouldn't expect him to intentionally mod a stunt, but who knows :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal