Author Topic: Placebo (20th Solo)  (Read 4436 times)

Offline Skuller

• View Profile
Placebo (20th Solo)
« on: February 20, 2022, 06:00:55 AM »

Hallo jumpers!
 I'm presenting you my anniversary solo who had the pleasure to be edited marvelously by Jason (Haywire)!
 The project contains all kind of mixed up stunts without any restrictions.
 We had a pretty great time creating this so I hope you're gonna like the outcome as much as we did!
 Enjoy watching!

« Last Edit: February 20, 2022, 10:14:39 AM by Skuller »

Offline The Big V

• Board Mods
    • View Profile
Re: Placebo (20th Solo)
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2022, 07:09:20 AM »
Great solo man, lots of variation. I mostly liked the finisher, those angel/freeway grind combos, the taxi boost in LC to the bridge prec, SF airport tower boost, freeway side p2b in VC junks and couple of other coolios. Great job man, always enjoy watching your stunts.  :a-cheer:
Haywire did a nice job on the edit with smooth cam angles and showcasing the stunts.

Offline SyperDimon

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2022, 07:10:41 AM »
Nice! some stunts from collabs/crews vids? 3:02 and 3:20 old? 3:28 old. 1:45 and 2:23 the best

Offline Plani

• --
  • Veteran Member
  • Since 2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2022, 07:13:10 AM »
Fantastic video. Lots of different kind of stunts, from technical and well executed grinds to big airs. You showed that you've pretty much mastered the art of stunting :P I have to say that the freeway grinds were my favorite. They're always fun to watch.

EDITING was neat. Awesome work, Jason. The soundtrack was on point and set up a great atmosphere. The cam angles were really good to my taste. Also, the colors were sick. One of your most inspired work to date.

I hope we can see more from both of you. :cheernutz:

Offline FTO

• Veteran Member
  • I've quitted.
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2022, 08:20:26 AM »
Really cool grind combos and a bunch of tight precisions in the end. Great job.

Offline Skuller

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2022, 10:24:07 AM »
Nice! some stunts from collabs/crews vids? 3:02 and 3:20 old? 3:28 old. 1:45 and 2:23 the best
Yep they are old aslong with others. I just decided to include oldies cuz why not.

Offline Kingjad

• Veteran Member
  • Fat Bastard
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2022, 10:54:13 AM »
Enjoyable video, gotta dig some freeway (well, angel) ledge grinds.

Offline Nitzkit

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2022, 12:26:22 PM »
I enjoyed this video all the way through. I was really digging all those ledge grinds with the angel bike. I really liked how it all flowed together with all 3 maps and didn't look disconnected like some videos do when you start using the SA map. I only found it weird that the clips were slightly dark? but it might just be me. Idk, love it man!  :a-cheer:

Offline Skuller

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2022, 07:23:44 PM »
Thank you people! Your comments are music for the soul! :wub:

Offline kaneda

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2022, 11:53:48 PM »
Outstanding. I always love it when a vid has a healthy dose of variety in the stunts and vehicles. I'd have to say that I really loved the tight chimney landing in Las Venturas - that kind of stuff just tickles my pleasure spots  :wub: . But at the same time all of the stuff was pure joy to watch. Lovely use of the terrain and some sublime Freeway/Angel grinds (they may have all been on the Angel - but you get what I mean). I didn't quite catch the gimmick for the Rhino to roof (I'll have to go back and comb over it - I know something was on fire), but whatever it was - it worked. All around lovely stunts and a pertinent reminder that it's often how a stunt is executed that makes it great.

I did enjoy the editing but (as Nitz mentioned) some footage did look a little dark. I'm not sure if it's just an environmental thing or something you did in editing. I've taken a liking to not altering the time of the day myself in stunts now, but sometimes it serves a stunt better if it's better lit. Again, don't know if you altered the brightness in editing though. It didn't take away from anything anyway, and I could still clearly make out what was going on. If I could add one tiny criticism - and this is just a 'me' thing - why doesn't anyone do credits anymore? I know it's kinda redundant information at this point, but I always love seeing goofs and bailed attempts and even smaller stunts that didn't make the final cut while seeing credits. It's a minor complaint.

The music was...okay. Music is always a tough thing to criticize because it's always a personal thing. I used a song from Grease, for fuck's sake. As always, music that isn't the same thing that's been used to the enth degree wins points in my book. I'll never tire of laid back, groovy tunes to watch stunts with. Always pick tunes that you like and you don't mind hearing 6,000 times...and hope you don't get sick of it in the process.

Lovely job, man. You've made the stunting Gods happy this day!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2022, 11:55:38 PM by kaneda »

Offline ARS

• Veteran Member
  • Natural's the best way.
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2022, 03:22:11 AM »
If rate this video using classic type of rating, there is much of old stuff and stuff which could be landed in better way, but i really enjoyed watching it as a viewer and not as an old mafaker who rates only stunts as in Stunt League. I watched the production of a stunts and editing, and both were done nicely, enjoyed variety of stunts and also video editing. Good job!

Offline Rainbow

• Coeur de taxi
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/Rainbowstunting
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2022, 03:33:21 AM »
The rhino skimmer bump to roof, the double freeway grind to precision at Ocean Beach (awesome one), the freeway junkyard p2b to precision and the finisher were my favourites  :ajaja: Wish you had taken out the old stunts though since you would've still had a 4+ minute or so video but just with your own things. From 3:00 until 4:13 it was all old as far as I know but could be wrong about the squalo. Apart from 6:10 perhaps the old stunts were also worse than your new stuff so I just feel it dragged it down a bit. I liked the new stuff though, good variation made it fun video to watch. Liked the editing combined with the song as well, nice and chill but with some atmosphere to it still.

Offline Skuller

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2022, 06:04:05 AM »
Outstanding. I always love it when a vid has a healthy dose of variety in the stunts and vehicles. I'd have to say that I really loved the tight chimney landing in Las Venturas - that kind of stuff just tickles my pleasure spots  :wub: . But at the same time all of the stuff was pure joy to watch. Lovely use of the terrain and some sublime Freeway/Angel grinds (they may have all been on the Angel - but you get what I mean). I didn't quite catch the gimmick for the Rhino to roof (I'll have to go back and comb over it - I know something was on fire), but whatever it was - it worked. All around lovely stunts and a pertinent reminder that it's often how a stunt is executed that makes it great.

I did enjoy the editing but (as Nitz mentioned) some footage did look a little dark. I'm not sure if it's just an environmental thing or something you did in editing. I've taken a liking to not altering the time of the day myself in stunts now, but sometimes it serves a stunt better if it's better lit. Again, don't know if you altered the brightness in editing though. It didn't take away from anything anyway, and I could still clearly make out what was going on. If I could add one tiny criticism - and this is just a 'me' thing - why doesn't anyone do credits anymore? I know it's kinda redundant information at this point, but I always love seeing goofs and bailed attempts and even smaller stunts that didn't make the final cut while seeing credits. It's a minor complaint.

The music was...okay. Music is always a tough thing to criticize because it's always a personal thing. I used a song from Grease, for fuck's sake. As always, music that isn't the same thing that's been used to the enth degree wins points in my book. I'll never tire of laid back, groovy tunes to watch stunts with. Always pick tunes that you like and you don't mind hearing 6,000 times...and hope you don't get sick of it in the process.

Lovely job, man. You've made the stunting Gods happy this day!
Salute for the massive comment! Means a lot to me, especially from you! :wub: Here's the answer to your questions:

- The skimmer on the tree was already shoted right after the stuck so it just continue it's stay there without exloading everytime I touch it with the rhino but at the same time is solid and gives me the "ramp". That fire is just fake, it appears in replays but does nothing at all.

- There are no credits because simply I barely found enough stunts so we can fill the whole song. The video contains 42 replays which is quite a lot. Oh and I barely save / keep my bails tho.

Offline Skuller

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2022, 07:37:08 AM »
The rhino skimmer bump to roof, the double freeway grind to precision at Ocean Beach (awesome one), the freeway junkyard p2b to precision and the finisher were my favourites  :ajaja: Wish you had taken out the old stunts though since you would've still had a 4+ minute or so video but just with your own things. From 3:00 until 4:13 it was all old as far as I know but could be wrong about the squalo. Apart from 6:10 perhaps the old stunts were also worse than your new stuff so I just feel it dragged it down a bit. I liked the new stuff though, good variation made it fun video to watch. Liked the editing combined with the song as well, nice and chill but with some atmosphere to it still.
Thanks for the comment! I'm glad you enjoyed the watch! :) Got your point about the oldies actually there was an extra portion added at the end so we could fill the song :lol: so my first intention wasn't adding that much but that doesn't bother me in any way since this vid was made for pure nostalgia and so I can release some stuff laying for months in my folders. The squallo stunt by the way is old only in SA and new in SAiVC.

Offline wviMis

• Modus Operandi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2022, 04:02:36 AM »
 ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal