Author Topic: GTASL Suggestions  (Read 14498 times)

Offline Daffy

• V.I.P. Member
  • WH & NU Founder
    • View Profile
GTASL Suggestions
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2005, 04:35:55 AM »
Not too sure about changing the windows time and date, but I'm sure there would be a program out there somewhere which would edit the modified date of a file for you.
You don't need a program for that, you can do it by right click on the file and add a comment as well :P
But the created date will still remain the same...

Offline Dannye

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
GTASL Suggestions
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2005, 04:36:28 AM »
I agree with the seperate comps for VC/LC and SA.

I also like the idea of making it a proper league, with a ladder - ie. everyone gets multiple matches. And then at a certain point, the person in 1st place becomes 'minor' winner, and then do a knockout comp (ala the format of recent gtasl) between the top (for example) 5 stunters in the ladder, and then the winner of that is the 'major' winner. Ofcourse, as m3rrix said, this option would definately yeild a competition of a much longer length, but i like the idea. (Also good for ppl who may have to skip a round due to other commitments, as they wont be 'out of it', they can still continue in the comp, and perhaps even make it to the finals).

Nb. I cant decide which way around it'd be best to have the 'major' and 'minor' winners (major/minor for the top of the table or major/minor for final knockout win - i know in soccer its major for those who win the ladder, and minor for the final's winner), but nevertheless i assume you get the drift.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2005, 04:38:04 AM by Dannye »

Offline WEREWOLF

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://
GTASL Suggestions
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2005, 05:00:05 AM »
There is a thing that called honesty and the whole GTASL is based on it (and not only GTASL but the whole stunting too). Now you're trying to regulate one aspect but you forgot that there are a lot of other ones(like people modding or even making stunts for others). I think that if you can't control everything(and you can't) you don't need to make everything more difficult.

Offline The Antidote

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
GTASL Suggestions
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2005, 11:33:56 AM »
a lot of posts before me and im too lazy to read so if somebody has said this before i will gladly provide tissues for you to cry into. i think it should actually be a league this time rather than or at least rename it so its not misleading. im guessing not too many people here were ever involved in sports judging by the amount of time they spend stunting so i will let you off this time, but next time i wont be so kind. ill send you an angry pm or somehing muwahahaha feel my wrath.

Offline Xtramus

• Technical Addict
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gtastunting.net/forums
GTASL Suggestions
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2005, 12:03:36 PM »
Or you could make it like a soccer league, everone's in a couple of matches, winning is 2 or 3 points, losing is 0 or 1. Make every contestant play 3 matches against 3 different people, so the max score could be 6-9 points or 0-3 points, depending on by how far they lose. Get a panel of judges(about 5). Have them vote on who wins, following a few standard points(i.e. Originality, following the match rules and stuff like that). If someone wins with 3 to 2 votes, the winner gets 2 points and the loser gets 1. If the winner gets 4 or more votes, he takes all three points. At the end of the "sorting" rounds, you take the ones with scores between the 1 and 3 for the novice league, the ones with a score between 4 and 6 goes to the intermediate section, and the ones with a score ranging from 7 to 9 goes to pro league. Then you have a knockout system. This way, you don't get newbies facing pros, and I think it's a lot better than a pure knock out league.

Offline Omni

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
GTASL Suggestions
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2005, 01:15:28 PM »
I've had this idea for a while but I would lvoe to see a continent league.

So basically there would be 5 stunters chosen for Europe in VC and SA..So 5 for each VC and SA.

Then the same for America/Canada, Australasia, Asia and Africa (Not sure if Asia or Africa would have enough competitors for the competetion though)

Offline Torque

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
GTASL Suggestions
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2005, 01:45:13 PM »
in PE we played tournaments and if you lost once that means you werent out.

You had to vs. someone else who lost and if you lose to them your out. If you win then your still in. But if you lose again then your out forever.

So you have to lose like 2 times before your out.

Offline DeathCobra

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
GTASL Suggestions
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2005, 01:55:44 PM »
Maybe have different leagues for New Stunters,Intermedites and Pros.So people making thier first vid dont have to fight Barney,Nitzkit,(your name here) and so on.
My suggestion for the first time

Offline Torque

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
GTASL Suggestions
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2005, 02:07:50 PM »
Everyone's gonna have to go against each other eventually.

Offline NoAPOlogies

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
GTASL Suggestions
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2005, 05:55:40 PM »
in PE we played tournaments and if you lost once that means you werent out.

You had to vs. someone else who lost and if you lose to them your out. If you win then your still in. But if you lose again then your out forever.

So you have to lose like 2 times before your out.
That's the double elimination tournament which could work out nicely with losers heading to the losers bracket and winners remaining in the winners bracket. A lot of very cool (and complicated as hell) ideas floating around. I rather like Xtramus' idea of multiple tourneys for beginners, intermediates and pros.

I was also thinking of a GTASL for crews since there are quite a few. Of course it would have to be for VC/LC crews though (unless someone wanted to start up a SA league too). Just do a double elimination league with all of the crews who want to be in it.  

kr3mlin

GTASL Suggestions
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2005, 06:21:22 PM »
A crew competition would be cool, would allow for entries for each week of competition, one entry per crew, and would mean that even if one person was away the competition could still go on

Offline NoAPOlogies

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
GTASL Suggestions
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2005, 01:18:38 PM »
I would think that we would still have the challenges, but each member of the crew would submit one stunt for that challenge and they would make a vid of all of the crew member's submitions. Could work but this may benefit the larger crews so we would have to limit the number of stunters per crew that compete.  

Offline Neo Anderson

• ATS precision whore
  • Veteran Member
  • Registered on: April 16, 2004
    • View Profile
GTASL Suggestions
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2005, 03:07:20 PM »
How about not so many random challenges?
Pick something specific, a roof, a rail, whatever. Tough to compare to different stunts like a bump to roof with a packer to grind just because you had to do "the best stunt" in this place or that place.

Keep it simple. Like get on this roof. Give the stunter the chance to be creative. Use any vehicle, any way. Now you have to compare stunts that are similar. Obviously the most creative would win. Also I wouldn't pick tall roofs really, again keep it simple, something most can do. Same goes for grinds or taxi climbs or whatever and in whatever game, SA, LC or VC.

Also, how about sticking to the rules this time? You have a deadline so lets stick to it. And the submitting of BOTH replays and a short vid. If it's the rules than it's the rules. No exceptions, no extentions unless maybe a judge or judges are asked very shortly after the challenge is posted and with good reason.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2005, 03:11:09 PM by Neo Anderson »

kr3mlin

GTASL Suggestions
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2005, 04:13:32 PM »
I agree, esp with the rules stuff...hehe funny you picked roofs to emphasize not rails :P but yeah good points

Offline NoAPOlogies

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
GTASL Suggestions
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2005, 05:20:29 PM »
I'd like to see a 2 on 2 or a 3 on 3 tournament too. Same setup as the GTASL but with teams.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal