Author Topic: [WH]Arcane  (Read 23066 times)

Offline Rusch69

• View Profile
Re: [WH]Arcane
« Reply #120 on: August 16, 2011, 09:49:50 AM »
Dak - there have been race maps where you had to do such wallrides to come further. It was either on one of the eXo or on one of the Betafield servers.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 09:51:37 AM by Rusch69 »

Offline grescha

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 16, 2011, 09:57:44 AM »
Wierd that no one done it in sp until now.. Glad you landed the very best spot for it immidiatly dak  :a-cheer:

Offline Omma!

• SeƱor Member
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 16, 2011, 09:58:08 AM »
How to do it btw :cheersad:

Offline Daksad

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 16, 2011, 11:57:17 AM »
Rusch: Ok, I was just curious to know that random people were using a method for experienced stunters on some random server while I've never seen it on any SAMP server nor seen people from GTAS talk about it. ;)

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #124 on: August 16, 2011, 12:36:30 PM »
Daksad says there's not much technique to this and it's in the practice, but without constantly thinking about the technique for this method you're going to fail badly. It's a simple method in theory, but it takes practice to get good at it and how long that takes depends on your patience and skill. The wallride method works on any straight wall, the dozer's only necessary when there isn't a curve leading into the wall. If you're using a dozer, you must first raise the ramp up to an angle of 90 degrees from the ground. That way you can jump onto the ramp of the dozer, and use it to curve into the wall.

The first step to learning this method is becoming good at keeping a steady wallride for a long period of time. You must approach the wall only slightly angled upwards from the ground and gradually rise up. If you start rising too high then you wont have enough traction to keep rising up the wall, and if you start too low you'll lose too much speed once you try to rise up. You must keep tapping accelerate all the way up the wall and don't stop, or you'll fall down. You must constantly lean forward towards the wall, but you must quickly tap it rather than holding it, otherwise you'll lean too far forward into the wall and fall down.

The next aspect of this method is 'looping'. The problem with the normal wallriding method is that you must gradually rise up the wall by increasing your angle, but you can't do that forever or you'll just fall down when you start riding straight towards the sky. Looping is how we avoid that problem. In order to loop you must first be gradually rising up the wall as explained before. Once you're nearing the point of riding straight up the wall, you must turn or 'loop' around on the wall so you're facing the other direction, allowing you to continue rising.

Looping requires a very advanced technique, and it'll take you a lot of time to master it. In my experience the best way to do this is to picture yourself riding the wall. You're gradually rising up, and now you're getting to the point where you have to loop. You're tapping accelerate and lean forward in order to stay on the wall, also tapping the A/D key to gradually rise up the wall. Now you're getting ready to loop. To loop, keep pressing the exact same buttons as you were using before, but instead of tapping A/D, hold it. As long as you're maintaining the wallride technique at the same time as holding A/D, you will loop around on the wall, and rise up at the same time. You must stop turning around once you're rising at an angle of about 45 degrees, or you'll fall down. As soon as you're at that angle, quickly start tapping A/D in the opposite direction so you can continue gradually rising up the wall. At this point, you can rise up any straight wall all the way to the top, as long as you loop when necessary. If you turn too drastically when looping you'll fall down, and if you do it too slowly then you'll also fall down, so you need to perfectly balance the speed at which you make the turn. You'll need practice to know exactly how to do this, but watch Daksad's landing of this stunt to see how gradually he made the loop.

When I first started trying this I could barely rise up the wall, but after a couple of hours I had the basics down. These tips are based on what I remember from learning the method, the last time I tried this method was when Daksad shown me this a couple of months ago. The easiest part is learning to stay on the wall and keep rising up, but looping will take you a long time to learn. Just doing one loop on a wall is very hard at first, two is extremely hard, and three is just insane (which you need in order to land Daksad's stunt). It took me about an hour to learn how to do just one loop, but that was without any help apart from some advice from Daksad. So hopefully you'll learn a lot faster with these tips, but some learn faster than others. I've only ever tried this method during one single SAMP session, we were playing for about 4-5 hours. After that amount of time I was able to do one loop pretty easily, I was able to do two with some luck, and I almost managed to do three once. So don't expect to be amazing after a day. Hopefully this helped some of you :).

PS. I do find it hard to believe that people used this method on race maps, it takes so much practice that I doubt you'd have the time to learn it during a race.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 12:39:43 PM by Shadowsniper »

Offline FELIX

• formerly known as Flava and cloudwalker
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #125 on: August 16, 2011, 01:08:00 PM »
tl;dr  sorry. I came until looping. Can't be bothered to try anyway.

Offline Rusch69

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 16, 2011, 01:33:20 PM »
Oh I see you named it "looping" now. SS, it didn't use to be any long combos on MTA. I remember it being like a reversed marble run which basically includes "looping". Just like this

Maggi or jeff perhaps still remember it aswell as I've been playing a lot MTA with them.

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #127 on: August 16, 2011, 01:45:34 PM »
Oh I see you named it "looping" now. SS, it didn't use to be any long combos on MTA. I remember it being like a reversed marble run which basically includes "looping". Just like this

Maggi or jeff perhaps still remember it aswell as I've been playing a lot MTA with them.

Aha I see, fair enough :D

Offline Daksad

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 16, 2011, 01:59:42 PM »
Shadowsniper: Nice post, couldn't have explained it myself better. :cc_detective:

Rusch: Ah ok, I thought you actually had to keep wallriding after the loop and not just use it as a 'push' backwards.

Offline CRYOSPHERE

• alias Guardian
  • Veteran Member
  • ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 16, 2011, 02:28:56 PM »
daksad's bmx wallride and grescha's boosts were outstanding.

Offline LiveLife

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 16, 2011, 03:15:05 PM »
An enjoyable video - with some little flaws. The stunts were overall from great to outstanding. Even if the idea itself isn't entirely new, but, hands down, that wallride is a fucking "Balls of Steel - Stunt", a stunt you see only a few times a year.  ;D I assume that performing this stunt was quite diaphoretic, right? Anyway, to the rest, you all did a great job, aswell. :)

The music choice isn't really what excites me, the song don't really have power in my opinion. When I think of Daffy-ish Videos, I remember that videos like Kamikaze, Geronimo, Doperide III or Megaton had a great soundtrack, but this one? Naa, it doesn't give me the vibes.

The editing itself - well, let me say, it is very clean and looks really like a true WH video. For that, you did a great job Beat. But nevertheless, I can't help myself thinking and feeling, that something about this isn't that right  :P. I think you forced yourself to much to fit in the proven and experienced. That itself isn't bad, but it would've been better, if you would have blown a bit of fresh air into WH. A bit of both, you know, WH-ish and Beat-ish.

Well, let's give this good 8,4 points out of 10. An enjoyable video after all, thanks for that.

Offline [Bart]

• Alberto
  • SSU Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 17, 2011, 07:01:03 AM »
Awesome!

I liked Gresha's stuff, his opener was epic! :wub:
Petar's grind2wheelie2grind was amazing!
I also liked that wallride from Daksad!

Offline BaLLBuzZ

• #Next Level Academy
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 17, 2011, 08:06:36 AM »
Best Video of year  :cheernutz:

Daksad, Grescha and Burn  Pwnz *--*

Offline PM

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 19, 2011, 01:02:33 PM »
the best WH vid so far, all stunters pwned and daksad... wooow  just epic!

Offline KillaMarci

• <3
  • Veteran Member
  • Don't you remember the monsters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 19, 2011, 01:50:56 PM »
Nice video guys :P When I saw Daksad's stunt I was wondering what the heck he was doing lol

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal