Author Topic: [FINALS - VC] Art x MqtH - Art wins due to the childness of MqtH.  (Read 8118 times)

Offline Art  

• Banned
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: [FINALS - VC] Art x MqtH
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2013, 07:33:59 AM »
now let's wait for judges :euro:

Offline Afterlife

• Afterlife
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2013, 11:04:06 AM »
Wow! Great entry Art, at least for 1 day editing! MqtH was better, but anyways, If you don't win that tournament made you improve your editing.

Offline ExRer

• Veteran Member
  • Biggest Hard Drum&Bass fan on this forum
    • View Profile
    • SOUNDCLOUD
« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2013, 08:46:25 AM »
Iam voting for MqtH now I haven't got time to say more but it was awesome and I liked Art's too.

Offline MxZz.

• Board Mods
  • Nomad Union
    • View Profile
    • MY YT CHANNEL
« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2013, 02:42:15 PM »
So yeah, since Determined is not here, I will vote. It's the finals, and I'm giving a constructive answer.

Art : I liked all of your effects. They were good. Sadly some of them were randomly added into the video. (like places that don't match the "flow" of the song.) Didn't like the placement of your clips neither. Too much run up in my opinion. That song need to be fast paced. Even if you'd show the bump-landing 6 times, I'd like that. :P Those flashes on luli's grind were unsynced to the real song and not really good looking. But that transition+cartoon was a good idea. Too close cams on the 2 last stunts though. Didn't really liked them. Also that song mixing was quite failed :P I liked your cc with that gradient, it was damn good looking. I liked your weather also, it was good.
Overall, a good entry for a (begginner? :unsure:) Thanks for giving it in time. Next time, polish your overall editing a bit more instead of waiting for the opponents entry. You shouldn't care about your opponent until the results.

MqtH : This is finally what I wanted to see there. Well synced entry. That intro was damn good. Loved it. I liked how you placed the first clip. It has totally given the real "drop" to that song. Good cams, didn't really like that pinch/punch effect all over the first stunt though. That % thingy was a good idea, but had nothing to do here. :P I like the smoothness of the effects during luli's grind, well done. Cutting the song here was a good idea, too bad that you didn't make it well :P Eddeman's natbump actually made me jizz. :ninja: The radial blur needed a bit more of "polish" if you see what I mean. For the ptb, too much run-up shown. Once the bump happened, I loved the distorsion effect and the blackcuts. Cams were also good. That thing with the light on the finisher is so good. It totally fits the song. You rocked there man. You seriously rocked. That cc had a lot of diffusion which made it better. Good job.

So yeah, after thinking about it, looking like 20times both entries, I think I know who will win this. The objective was to do the best editing using this song and a dark weather. To use it well! And in my opinion, MqtH was better. His cc was better, and the whole atmosphere of his entry was better. MqtH gets my vote. Good job.  :euro:

My main feedback about this match was that you could have done way better with the time I gave you. I was expecting a bit more, but nevermind, it was still great. Thanks to both of you :cc_detective:

Offline Art  

• Banned
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2013, 03:02:37 PM »
^actually yeah, im a begginer, those 3 round were my first 3 clips edited on VC engine :P

Offline mqtH

• Aero Reapers
  • I liek teh grindz
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2013, 05:56:33 AM »
Biel I love you cause you always have some awesome avatar :ajaja:

Offline KeNN

• CSGO#CLUTCH MASTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2013, 08:09:17 AM »
dat awesome good luck !

Offline Art  

• Banned
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2013, 04:23:34 PM »
^you, both, get the fuck out this topic, now.

Offline MxZz.

• Board Mods
  • Nomad Union
    • View Profile
    • MY YT CHANNEL
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2013, 11:16:33 PM »
:lol: If the judges could move their asses, it'd be good aswell..

Offline mqtH

• Aero Reapers
  • I liek teh grindz
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2013, 03:16:30 AM »
Can we expect the judges today ?

Offline MxZz.

• Board Mods
  • Nomad Union
    • View Profile
    • MY YT CHANNEL
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2013, 04:18:31 AM »
XTO is on his way. JL is not online, Determined's last activity was in 2012, white has irl stuff (voted for him).

Offline XTO --

• HUEHUEHEU
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2013, 05:01:54 AM »
Hello fellow competitors.

So, I really thought that both entries could have been a lot better. It's not like they are bad, but they lack creativity. They are way too simple for the actual possibilities you could make on that song.

MqtH had a serious flaw, which is, editing it like someone who barely edits to metal. On the first stunt, would've been better if you used angles while the player is in the air when the female voice pops. The way you did that, seemed like you just dropped the clips there and said "screw that". Second stunt was ok. Third stunt: I do believe you could have made a better transition when Tony is on the truck. I had to watch it twice to actually get what the stunt was. Fourth was ok. Fifth stunt: I don't really know if it was the edit, or the stunt itself, but it didn't fit that part of the music. The stunt was way too big of a deal for that part. As for the last stunt, you could have shown less angles, 3 almost full angles was quite boring.

CC was good, nothing much to say about it. And I missed some pan/crops. There was a big lack of those. I'd work a little bit more on the angles, and the overall placement of the stunts on the song, and that should do it. Overall, it was good-looking, quite boring or repetitive in some parts, but still a nice entry.

Art: Colors were magnificent. Angles were ranging from meh to awesome. On the freeway grind, I feel like the flashes were way out of sync. I can't really tell, because I couldn't really see what you tried to sync them with. I suppose it was meant to be the drums, but the guitars were way too loud and it just SEEMED out of sync; I'm not really sure on this one. The grind on the docks: I'd have it been shown a little bit longer. The second grind had little to non-existent screen-time, and it was quite a let down there, because the transition to that stunt and to the second grind was pretty nice. The effect at 0040 was pretty weird. Screen going from deep blue suddenly to white with some weird outlines wasn't really eye-pleasant. Also, the idea behind that transition was ok, but it wasn't well performed. Stevex's p2b had a small camfuck. It's barely noticeable, but it is still there. You could avoid that by changing angles once or twice, if you don't feel like recording it again. And as for the last angle, something was missing. The beats there were perfect to make something wicked on the editing, but you threw another angle there. I was expecting an awesome finish for your entry, but that angle was a let-down for me.

CC was awesome. Same as MqtH, I missed pan/crops in your entry. Overall angles were nice. Some meh'ish ones here and there, but they were pretty good as a whole. Some creative ideas. Most of the stuff were pretty "normal", but some effects really stood out and gave it a better feeling on the video.

My vote goes to: Art

Offline Art  

• Banned
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2013, 06:13:27 AM »
what the fuck man :lol:

Offline MxZz.

• Board Mods
  • Nomad Union
    • View Profile
    • MY YT CHANNEL
« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2013, 06:19:04 AM »
If you would have seen what he wrote, you would know why I did that.

- He's always raging and saying all the tournament sucks.
- He keeps saying that my editing sucks, and that I'm doing an entry since like 4weeks before posting the challenge only to win my match.
- He keeps being a child, raging at everyone's comment when the vote is not for him.
- Etc..

He's a child. I'm tired of him, better get that crap out of this tournament. He might have a better entry, he doesn't deserve to be here. End of the discussion.

Offline Afterlife

• Afterlife
    • View Profile
Re: [FINALS - VC] Art x MqtH - Art wins due to the childness of MqtH.
« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2013, 11:21:29 AM »
Hahaha.. :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal