Author Topic: How do I export Rockstar Editor clips from my PS4 to USB/PC?  (Read 9059 times)

Offline Shifftee

• Shiff
  • SASL 2014 Judges
  • Retired.
    • View Profile
How do I export Rockstar Editor clips from my PS4 to USB/PC?
« on: September 15, 2015, 06:21:16 AM »
I'm loving the Rockstar Editor and that it's finally on consoles but they seem to have prohibited access to the clips and you simply can't copy them onto a USB stick like normally. Is there a solution?  :|

Offline xBlack

• Wanna stunt?
    • View Profile
    • xBlack
Re: How do I export Rockstar Editor clips from my PS4 to USB/PC?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 07:10:30 AM »
If you can't copy them into an usb, you should try to upload them to YouTube from the Rockstar editor and then download the video

Offline Shifftee

• Shiff
  • SASL 2014 Judges
  • Retired.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 07:20:44 AM »
If you can't copy them into an usb, you should try to upload them to YouTube from the Rockstar editor and then download the video
That takes time, I've qot a really slow internet connection and also I would damage the quality, wouldn't I?

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2015, 07:36:09 AM »
Haven't tested Xbox One, but you can't copy replays or videos to USB on PS4. Only way to do it within the game is to upload to YouTube via the game (720p max, low bit rate). However, the best way to do it is to use the share button or a capture card, and play your replay from the clip management section, or from a full screen preview within a project. Press R3/RS to turn the HUD off, capture the clip, and you're done. Someone should check if you can copy replays and exports from Xbox One, I don't have it.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 07:38:14 AM by VaNilla »

Offline Shifftee

• Shiff
  • SASL 2014 Judges
  • Retired.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2015, 09:03:09 AM »
Haven't tested Xbox One, but you can't copy replays or videos to USB on PS4. Only way to do it within the game is to upload to YouTube via the game (720p max, low bit rate). However, the best way to do it is to use the share button or a capture card, and play your replay from the clip management section, or from a full screen preview within a project. Press R3/RS to turn the HUD off, capture the clip, and you're done. Someone should check if you can copy replays and exports from Xbox One, I don't have it.
But it will disable the recording automatically and says something about private stuff etc. Just like when you enter bank details or something it will cut out the recording and resume when you're done. :/ I can find the file in Capture Gallery but you can't copy that, just view it. D:
It's all clear! I just had to edit my clip, hide away the options, press play and then press the share button and the clip has been saved!  :cheernutz: :cheernutz:
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 09:51:38 AM by Shifftee »

Offline Shifftee

• Shiff
  • SASL 2014 Judges
  • Retired.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2015, 03:02:26 PM »
Double post ftw :euro:
Some quick tests, this thang is the shit!
! No longer available

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal