Author Topic: Ask NU  (Read 69253 times)

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
Re: Ask NU
« Reply #120 on: January 14, 2015, 11:56:15 AM »
So when is the new vid coming?
I'm afraid the release has been delayed until march, because we can.

Offline MxZz.

• Board Mods
  • Nomad Union
    • View Profile
    • MY YT CHANNEL
« Reply #121 on: January 15, 2015, 12:27:26 AM »
Are you guys planning a thread that has a link to all of your videos? So that it's easy to find all of them and binge watch?

Done!

http://www.gtastunting.net/index.php?topic=67493.new#new

Offline Madmax

• Veteran Member
  • Pizzaboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 15, 2015, 05:08:17 AM »
Woot! Thank you

Offline grescha

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 27, 2015, 11:27:37 PM »
How would you (objectivly) say NU compares to the rest of the v crews out there? Does your experience from earlier games still give you an edge?

Do you think v stunting will have a lasting future? Is there a risk of it getting dry fast with all the other crews existance?

Are you guys as motivated as a year ago? Will you be in a year?

How long did your average stunt so far take to land?

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #124 on: January 28, 2015, 02:00:46 AM »
It was definitely the best crew of 2013/2014 in my opinion. Past experiences definitely helped, just from the perspective of knowing the difference between the good and the bad, but you really do need to relearn the way you approach the physics in this game, so the past can only take you so far. We haven't been super active since SUPERNUVA though, and the mega powerful "Hakuchou" DLC bike was released just as SUPERNUVA was finished; as a result of these two factors, particularly the new bike, I think Evolve Stunting is the better crew at the moment. Maybe that'll change when we ramp back up for PC :ninja:.

I think it will last for years, and continue to be more popular than any GTA game before it. As for the forum's activity, hard to say. I think once the forum sees the true technical potential of this game outside of huge big airs (especially in some upcoming videos before PC), interests will peak considerably. Especially when people finally get their hands on the PC version and realise that gliding isn't actually some magical ability that makes every bump simple. As for the game getting dry... let's just say I've found thousands of spots already. As long as you think outside of the box, and take advantage of GTA V's specific features, I don't think you could ever run out of spots in this game. I still hope that people will move on once the next game in the series is released, whenever that is, because staying on the same game for a decade is exhausting to the point of severe lethargy.

No, because we're really waiting on the PC version, and we're all quite busy. When the PC version comes out, I think we'll see another surge in motivation, and after that it all depends on our real life situations (we're not teenagers any more :D).

I've tried literally hundreds of stunts, so my average is wildly inconsistent. I land easy stunts in 30 minutes, hard stunts in hours, and nigh on impossible stunts in days, sometimes even months (with breaks, of course). My most difficult landed stunt took approximately 80 total hours to land, and it's unreleased. I've spent longer on some that I still haven't managed to land :(.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 02:24:16 AM by VaNilla »

Offline toty

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 28, 2015, 09:10:58 AM »
80 hours...

Offline Rainbow

• Coeur de taxi
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/Rainbowstunting
« Reply #126 on: February 02, 2015, 02:19:45 PM »
How would you (objectivly) say NU compares to the rest of the v crews out there? Does your experience from earlier games still give you an edge?

Do you think v stunting will have a lasting future? Is there a risk of it getting dry fast with all the other crews existance?

We had an edge before but it's not too hard to catch up. There are others out there with just as much patience as us (with more motivation to stunt as well). Comparison wise I'd say Evolve and VA are the only crews that can really match NU and give us a very good run for our money when it comes to competition.

I do think V will last a while. Seeing the spots we try and how horribly hard they can be, it's going to take a while before everything is landed. The spots certainly dry out quicker because there are so many people out there, but at the same time so little that try to find the limits. Besides new stunting methods keep being found, who knows what's next.

Not as motivated as a year ago, just waiting for PC. The reloading times for car stunts make me ignore them and bike stunts are not easy to find personally. I've been stunting a lot in VC lately and making good progress which also reduces my V time. I'm still trying stuff though.

My average stunt didn't take that long in comparison to most hardcore SA and VC (and V) stunts out there. Some took a few hours of casual trying (usually 2-3) and being clumsy with the controller. One stunt only took 8 minutes because someone challenged me to land it while he was trying it on a Twitch stream :P Most of my time has spend on trying unlanded stuff.

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 02, 2015, 03:32:08 PM »

I honestly couldn't tell, I stay away from anything that isn't posted on this website. The youtube scene is not for me. But from what I've seen here on the forum I'd probably say NU is pretty close to the top, but people are quickly catching up. Especially when they are 14 - 18 years old spending as much time on stunting as I did back then. It's easy to fall behind, especially with such a fresh game, and one that's being constantly updated at that.

Personally V has already dried up for me, at least on console. I'm getting it on PC as well so we'll see if it sparks any new interests. I just feel stunting in the rage engine has a lot of limits, I know it doesn't have many more than we have in VC/SA, but it just feels that way to me, especially since the just go ahead and patch fun glitches or add new vehicles that just nullifies a lot of what has been done so far. And also, the city feels very, very small. Even if the map is huge, like 4/5ths of that is just mountain or lake, which is nice and all, but I miss having more buildings. Feels weird to say after IV which was too much building, but that's how I feel :D

Heck to the no, I haven't bothered to launch V on my ps3 in months. The start up is sooo slow and no spots that I'm aching to land. So I'm just waiting for PC release tbh.

Some stuns took looooong. I found a spot before we had the content creator and did everything by quicksaving. Tried it for weeks, but then we got the content creator and it became a bit more easy to adjust, cause you didn't have a minute of dead time inbetween each try. So I landed it fairly quickly after that, but still maybe 3 - 4 weeks. but that was really on and off, a more heavy duty stunt(that I actually didn't land, but whatever) was the glide spot KM eventually landed in Omega. Me, Taz and KM were trying that for like 3 days in a row 7 hours per day. I only reached the roof once, and I bailed. Some of the earlier ones though, were like 3 - 4 minutes. I think gradually over the course of our videos I spent longer and longer on each stunt.

Offline grescha

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 12, 2015, 03:53:38 AM »
Is there a modding problem in this game so far? How do you think the future will look in this aspect with a pc version coming out and all?

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #129 on: February 12, 2015, 04:01:08 AM »
Is there a modding problem in this game so far? How do you think the future will look in this aspect with a pc version coming out and all?

We've only seen one modded stunt on console's so far. Didn't even get released because we spotted the guy early. I think it'll be a problem on PC, if all the console guys switch over. Hopefully it's not too ubiquitous; it would suck to have all the "true" stunting videos painted under the same brush by the greater community.

On GTAStunting, I don't think it will be a problem, because we know what we're doing. The physics of this game are entirely predictable and obvious, just like VC/SA. On YouTube, that's another story :P.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 04:02:46 AM by VaNilla »

Offline Rainbow

• Coeur de taxi
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/Rainbowstunting
« Reply #130 on: February 12, 2015, 05:24:04 AM »
As Paul said, the only worry really is the hippie dippy famous youtube wannabee's that want/need views that will mod and cause trouble.

Offline MrCooper

• Cryptic Stunting
  • The Chilayan Badass
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #131 on: March 02, 2015, 09:09:32 AM »
Does the delay on GTA 5 PC's release change anything regarding your crew video's release?

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #132 on: March 02, 2015, 10:36:23 AM »
Yes.

Offline MrCooper

• Cryptic Stunting
  • The Chilayan Badass
    • View Profile