Author Topic: GTASL3: Final Four Discussion and Schedule Update  (Read 1847 times)

Offline NoAPOlogies

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://
GTASL3: Final Four Discussion and Schedule Update
« on: April 16, 2007, 08:26:12 PM »
Folks,

Well, the end to the GTASL3 is coming. I am very happy with how everything is progressing and how relatively smoothly everything has gone thus far. Right now we're kind of all over the place with scheduling and i'd like to take this opportunity to kind of set the schedule straight from here on out.

The winners bracket is set until the Final 4our (see how I put the number 4 in there... makes it look cool right?). The three winners remaining in the winners bracket (Demonfade, Daffy/BH and Tack/Sabotage winners) will have some time before their next match).

There is a bit of a log jam in the loser's bracket as some matches are in the 3rd round while others are in the 4th. Between this week (Apr. 16-20th) and next week (Apr. 23-27th) we should narrow down the field to the 3-way loser's bracket final on May 1st.

Once we've got the Final 4our set, i'd like to make a suggestion. All Final 4our matches will be best 2 out of 3. At that point there wouldn't be any loser's bracket so someone could lose 1 match and be eliminated from a double elimination tournament, which doesn't make sense. I'd like to get your opinion though as to whether or not a 2 out of 3 final four would be a good idea. It would extend the league a bit more but it would also create some excitement as well. What do you guys think? Judges i'd like to hear from you as well.

NoAPOlogies

Offline Tackleberry

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 11:18:31 PM »
I really like the idea. It felt really wrong last time when Dannye actually could lose against BK in the final, but still be in the competition...

That idea seems very fair, go for it. 2 out of 3 sounds good.

Offline Dannye

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 12:37:19 AM »
I also like the idea, as this way if you do pretty badly at one of the 3 you still have a shot, making for a much more interesting match, and no doubt leading towards a much more interesting finale to the competition. I feel this way is the best because it really allows the stunters to show a range of skills, and I think has a better chance of accurately having the better stunter win. (I know for sure that if we did it this way in SL2 there is no way that I would have won, and I would have been happy with that, because I still see BK as a better overall stunter than me).

Question though - By 2 out of 3 you mean that each match consists of 3 challenges, and the competitor who wins 2(+) of them wins the match, right? What I am curious about is whether you want to do each of the three challenges seperately (say X days for the first one, when thats over, X days for the second one, when thats over, X days for the third one), or do you reckon do 'em all at the same time and have an [obviously] longer timeframe (say, 3*x days and let them have access to all 3 of the challenges right from the start). So, with the first option its more like 3 seperate matches with the same competitors, while with the second option its more like one single (longer match) with multiple challenges. I kinda like the second option, but I am curious as to your thoughts (NoAP) on the matter...?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 12:38:18 AM by Dannye »

Offline Mr.Magic

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 07:32:38 AM »
Quote from: Dannye
I feel this way is the best because it really allows the stunters to show a range of skills, and I think has a better chance of accurately having the better stunter win. (I know for sure that if we did it this way in SL2 there is no way that I would have won, and I would have been happy with that, because I still see BK as a better overall stunter than me).
Precisely. I mean fuck IF I got to the finals and got a taxi stunt challenge, I would have gone through my monitor and come out from NoAP's and strangle him.

And I like your second proposition.

Offline Xtramus

• Technical Addict
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gtastunting.net/forums
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 07:45:18 AM »
I'd say let them see all the challenges at the same time with a longer timeframe, this means they can put more time into harder objectives and less in the easier ones.

Offline NoAPOlogies

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007, 10:04:46 AM »
@X: That's not a bad idea, give them say 3 challenges to complete and 3 weeks to do all of them (I think thats what you're saying).

@Mr.Magic: If you ever get a taxi challenge, it would be by pure coincidence only

@Dannye: I could go both ways on that (tee hee). I was thinking of something fairly similar to that for the 3-Way-Dance loser's final. My thinking is to post 2 challenges and have the judges judge each challenge seperately. There is the chance that we'd have a tie, but it would be a 2 way tie which could be broken by another match.

Offline Dannye

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2007, 04:32:26 PM »
Quote from: NoAPOlogies
@X: That's not a bad idea, give them say 3 challenges to complete and 3 weeks to do all of them (I think thats what you're saying).

Sounds good to me, I reckon 2 weeks max though, 3 might be a bit too long...? *insert unsure smilie*

Offline NoAPOlogies

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2007, 04:52:27 PM »
I'm kinda torn between wanting everyone to have plenty of time to stunt... and trying to keep the league from being too long.

Offline Dannye

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2007, 05:01:13 PM »
Understandable.

Didn't Kan and Daffy only have one week for their final in SL1, they had to get like 10 stunts or something didn't they...

Ofcourse I guess things have changed alot since then so... I dunno... glad its not my decision then

Offline Torque

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2007, 06:19:07 PM »
Kick ass idea man, the stunt league has evolved so much as it is and is guaranteed to have a ton of surprises as it is.  

I just want my next match up and I'm good.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal