Author Topic: Anime discussion  (Read 143406 times)

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
Re: Anime discussion
« Reply #240 on: April 15, 2012, 03:13:02 AM »
First time I watched Elfen Lied, I just started watching it randomly on youtube because it had a lot of gore and I just wanted to see what it was about. next day I had finished it, almost cried and whatnot. Really fucking loved it, but then I re-watched it a year later. And it was worse than I remembered, but I still like it to a certain degree, I'd give it a 6.5/7 out of 10.

Also watched the second episode of Mysterious Girlfriend X and Upotte!! yesterday, and I gotta say these to shows are my favorite this season.

Upotte!! is just, stupid? crazy? I'm not sure how to describe it, but you can't go wrong with girls being guns, the second episode was a kind of test of the girls because they cheated on some long range shooting, the episode had it's moments of both fun and quirkyness.

As for Mysterious Girlfriend X I just love everything about this show (Except maybe the MC), the second episode was basically him trying to get in a more normal relationship with Urabe, trying to hold her hands and what not. Urabe on the other hand is not interested much, and we alsoo find out she carry scissors in her panties.

I've also started watching Lovely Complex, reminds me of toradora to a certain degree. As all anime though, the MC is pretty stupid. It is fun and has these romantic moments that you can see everywhere in romantic anime, but I guess I'm just a sucker for slice of life, romance. I'll probably focus on this anime until I finish, I'm watching Ga-Rei: Zero as well, but I haven't been sucked in too it as much so I try to just watch an episode a day, but I've ended up watching 2 episodes a week instead.

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
  • Defenestration penetration.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 15, 2012, 05:11:58 AM »

but sadly the fact that it's from 2004 is kinda demotivating

The fact that it's older doesn't necessary mean that it's worse. It may be harder to get used to the animation, but believe me, it's worth it cause some older animes has exceptional plots. There are many good ones like Berserk, Technolyze, Cowboy Bebop, Initial D, Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou and many, many more.
I'm not talking about animation. I can easily get used to animation from past years, but it's quality I'm talking about. I can only enjoy anime to the fullest if it's HD. Not that it drags down the "real" quality of the series though.

Offline Ed

• MO Crew
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 15, 2012, 08:18:07 AM »
Well you can probably find most of them in HD actually. But as I'm watching anime mainly on laptop, 480p is enough for me.   :lol:

Offline 灰野 敬二

• 加爾基 精液 栗ノ花
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 17, 2012, 12:07:53 AM »
Finished watching Mirai Nikki, going to give it a 6.7/10 although it deserves less.

pros: nice concept, first OP, Yuno is one of the greatest characters in years, it is an enjoyable watch
cons: plot holes, main character is an unlikeable wuss, Mother's character design (wtf is that thing?), Murmur's character design, did I mention plot holes, all 28 of them?

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 17, 2012, 03:44:57 AM »
I'll probably give Mirai Nikki a go during summer, not quite sure what it's about but people seem to enjoy it.

Finished Lovely Complex, it was kind of good, but watching it right after Toradora was a mistake  :P

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
  • Defenestration penetration.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 17, 2012, 06:13:56 AM »
Mirai Nikki is about this friendless guy who has this imaginary friend who turns out to be real and makes a game where you have to slaughter each other to win the game, using your mirai nikki (future diary).

Basically, hide, seek & kill.

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 17, 2012, 07:28:38 AM »
Mirai Nikki is about this friendless guy who has this imaginary friend who turns out to be real and makes a game where you have to slaughter each other to win the game, using your mirai nikki (future diary).

Sounds interesting, is it made well or is it one of those "good idea, but bad execution" type anime?

Offline Dom

• Anime
  • Where am I
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 17, 2012, 08:10:59 AM »

Sounds interesting, is it made well or is it one of those "good idea, but bad execution" type anime?
good idea, good execution, but still a lot of mysteries left..

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 17, 2012, 09:49:44 PM »

Oh, I'm not sure I like that. Do you know if they are planning a movie or a second season to kind of fill in the holes? or is it completely done?

Offline hamset

• View Profile
    • hamsets youtube channel :D
« Reply #249 on: April 17, 2012, 10:13:01 PM »
i like mirai nikki in manga more xD
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 10:16:39 PM by hamset »

Offline Ed

• MO Crew
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 17, 2012, 11:38:09 PM »
I'm currently rewatching Spice and Wolf. It's a bit too romantic for my taste, but still a lovely anime.  :happy:
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 11:42:03 PM by Edgar »

Offline Dom

• Anime
  • Where am I
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 18, 2012, 12:55:17 PM »

Oh, I'm not sure I like that. Do you know if they are planning a movie or a second season to kind of fill in the holes? or is it completely done?
in the end of Ep 26 they mentioned a "new project", hope it will be a movie or another season

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 19, 2012, 05:48:48 AM »
I'm currently rewatching Spice and Wolf. It's a bit too romantic for my taste, but still a lovely anime.  :happy:
I really like that one, I don't know why but I ended up watching both seasons in two days. Something about the chemistry between those two characters, I found myself smiling throughout the whole series. And I like romance anyway so that's not a minus for me :)

in the end of Ep 26 they mentioned a "new project", hope it will be a movie or another season
Hope they'll do something to fill the plot holes then, though I guess it's nothing to be excited for before I've even seen the series  :P

Offline Dom

• Anime
  • Where am I
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 19, 2012, 06:37:51 AM »
I really like that one, I don't know why but I ended up watching both seasons in two days. Something about the chemistry between those two characters, I found myself smiling throughout the whole series. And I like romance anyway so that's not a minus for me :)

Hope they'll do something to fill the plot holes then, though I guess it's nothing to be excited for before I've even seen the series  :P
it's still pretty epic, but so many plots are missing that it makes me punch myself in the face, at least now I can wait for something worthy ^^

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 19, 2012, 11:03:45 AM »
Started watching Acchi Kocchi today as I couldn't wait for the other ones that was airing. It was pretty fun, I laughed at times, though I think the thing I laughed at the most was this:

I'll probably end up watching this as well, something about it made me like it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal