Author Topic: Florida Death Fest 2008!  (Read 2397 times)

Offline Eric

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://
Florida Death Fest 2008!
« on: September 16, 2008, 07:51:46 AM »

Ok, so on Saturday Sept. 13th I went to the best show I've been in to my in my life...ever. 50 bucks but it was absolutely fucking worth it. This is my full review of it and what I thought of it.

Nailshitter: Dropped out

Dude, Where's My Corpse: Funny as hell, their frontman was great, so was their guitarist and drummer.

Ex Animis Mortuum: Bored me, horrible opener and the guitarist had a Marshall MG for an amplifier.

King Conquer: Dropped out

Demise Of All Reason: Brutal, 7-string mayhem really. I can't really think of a more technical local band really, and the rhythm guitarist brought his father to the show.

From The Throne: Pretty good, the guitarist borrowed the amp from Demise Of All Reason, but still went pretty great. He also had a pretty nice clean voice, the frontman was alright, but a little too deathcore for me...meh, good set though.

Skindustry: Had potential but it was a little to theatrical, their guitarists were technically proficient and some of the harmonies were great. I caught a shirt they threw out at the crowd which is cool. Great drummer and the songs were really lengthy, which was good.

THE HEADLINERS:

Rotten Sound: Boring generic grincore band with their guitarist tuned to Drop G. Absolute waste of time, drummer was good though. The singer, you couldn't understand anything he was saying when he was talking...I can't say anything about the bassist, since I couldn't hear him.

Daath: Dropped Out, which was a huge disappointment, because I would have loved to see them.

The Absence: Didn't see them since they were playing somewhere else...I think a bar or something, I did see Peter Joseph a bunch of times walking around though which was cool because I said hi to him and he was really cool.

Aborted: I have never been an Aborted fan....but holy shit their live performance was fucking flawless. I have to say they've convinced me to listen to them really, great band live, absolutely very tight. Guitarist's tone wasn't my favorite, but everyone else was great.

1349: I've never been a fan of black metal, but holy shit these guys are incredible, thrashy and extremely heavy, I didn't know they had catchy shit to them, it was a fucking great performance, came out in corpse paint! And the guitarist looked at me, which I thought it was cool. Overall, they were absolutely perfect...Frost didn't play with them...but oh well, his replacement was still really good.

Suffocation: Never heard a suffocation song in my life, but man....those guys are amazing, I got the guitarist and drummer's signature on my ticket, which was amazing, now that ticket it worth like....1000000 dollars lmao.

Necrophagist: Muhammed Suicmez is the nicest metal dude I've ever met. He signed my ticket, went to Starbucks across the street and came back and had a nice conversation with us. We talked about the new record which is coming out Summer 2009, I talked to him about the LA Ibanez Custom Shop and he was happy to answer any questions we had, plus he was really cool. The performance was flawless, they played 5 songs I believe and they played Epitath which is my favorite song as well as Fermented Offal Discharge. The set was fucking flawless, I have never seen such a perfect performance from anyone, not to mention Muhammed is not a showboater or anything, he was just focused on his guitar playing which was the most important. Bassist was absolutely amazing, the other guitarist was incredible too, he played a lot of the solos and he was also flawless. The drummer was perfect too, plus he wore headphones rofl.

CARCASS: What can I say that hasn't already been said? They were absolutely amazing. Jeff Walker making jokes about Bill Steer and shit, it was fucking great, they played all their best songs, including Heartwork, Incarnate Solvent Abuse, Ruptured In Purulence, and they played my favorite song, Death Certificate, which was an eargasm. At that point I was already extremely tired, but I was still holding my head up high watching in awe at the grace of Carcass really. Michael Amott was a great rhytthm player. Bill Steer did most of the solos, and Jeff Walker was an amazing frontman and bassist. Daniel Erlandsson was very elusive to fans and I couldn't get his autograph, but I got everyone else's which is all that counts. Shame Ken wasn't there, or I would have tried to get his autograph too. I got a picture with Bill Steer!!!!!!! I should be getting it on my e-mail really soon, so that's gonna be my default for a while when I do get it. Michael Amott was a really cool person to meet, he was a bit more hurried than most, but meh. Bill Steer was a really nice guy and I told him I used an Les Paul Junior and that I knew the Flesh Ripping Sonic Torment demo and he was very impressed and he said that the LP junior was his favorite type of guitar, which I thought was great. Jeff Walker...due to his accent I couldn't understand much but he signed my ticket, and was carrying around a bottle of Gain detergent! rofl! they all went to Starbucks and they were all really cool.

OVERALL: The show was absolutely incredible, the best show I have ever seen in my entire life, I dont think anyone, but maybe an Iron Maiden/Black Sabbath/Led Zeppelin/Behemoth show could top it. Ladies and gentlemen, Florida Death Fest was the funnest show I've been to so far and not to my surprise, the fans were nice and they all shared their water and everything was carried out flawlessly. There was a brotherhood and a connection of everyone there, even though I barely knew anyone, we were all connected through the metal that was being performed. Everyone singing along and everyone just having a good time, no fights, just a couple of annoying crowd surfers but oh well, my friend caught most of the damage of people landing on his head, but he was fine. Ladies and gentlemen, they're gonna have a VERY tough time topping this show unless they bring Carcass back again with Necrophagist. That's all ladies and germs.

These are the pictures of the ticket I had, and the picture of Bill Steer is on my friend's Camera, I should get it in a while hopefully.

Sorry for the small print, MySpace is gay with their image sizes.

this is the front of the ticket.

Offline Kenny

• fuck
    • View Profile
Florida Death Fest 2008!
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 08:01:20 AM »
How the fuck will I get these bands to come to Thailand?

Offline Eric

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Florida Death Fest 2008!
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 08:10:13 AM »
Quote from: Kenny
How the fuck will I get these bands to come to Thailand?

man check the tour dates, they might be coming to somewhere around you.

Offline Flat Face

• With power comes lulz
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Florida Death Fest 2008!
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 08:25:14 AM »
just listen to thai pop kenny  my gf suggested it to me

Offline Eric

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Florida Death Fest 2008!
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 09:53:03 AM »
Quote from: Flat Face
just listen to thai pop kenny  my gf suggested it to me

Oh deary...

Offline Sear

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Florida Death Fest 2008!
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 09:55:34 AM »
Oh shit man... would be amazing to see all those bands at same festival...

Your lucky  

Edit: Oh, rotten sound , ive seen them live here in finland (they are finnish) and they were ok (atleast you can understand what they are saying)  :S. Other bands just awesome.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 09:58:58 AM by Sear »

Offline Laketown

• Veteran Member
  • the impostress
    • View Profile
Florida Death Fest 2008!
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2008, 03:39:32 PM »
I hate you intensely.

Offline Aries

• V.I.P. Member
    • View Profile
Florida Death Fest 2008!
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008, 04:27:05 PM »
Not my type of music but sounds like you had a great time

Offline Flat Face

• With power comes lulz
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Florida Death Fest 2008!
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2008, 04:45:01 PM »
Quote from: Matt
Not my type of music but sounds like you had a great time

actually it sounds like C sharp ringing loudly and constantly.

can you suggest some awesome bands of these style that aren't mentioned here?

Offline Aries

• V.I.P. Member
    • View Profile
Florida Death Fest 2008!
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2008, 04:57:18 PM »
This be the first topic of the music section! Moved.

Offline Eric

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Florida Death Fest 2008!
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2008, 06:11:17 PM »
Quote from: Matt
This be the first topic of the music section! Moved.

There's a music section now? fucking sweet dude, thanks, but yeah anyway, the show was incredible

Offline Krow+

• The Only Douchebag Allowed
    • View Profile
Florida Death Fest 2008!
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2008, 11:27:16 PM »
I cannot name any songs by any of these bands.... You really listen to some scary shit...

Offline Eric

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Florida Death Fest 2008!
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2008, 06:10:37 PM »
Quote from: Krow+
I cannot name any songs by any of these bands.... You really listen to some scary shit...

dude, listen to Heartwork by Carcass, I think that that record should have gone #1, again just an opinion, but man that album has some amazing harmonies.

Offline Eric

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Florida Death Fest 2008!
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2008, 09:42:15 PM »
BUMP FOR EPICNESS!

Me and Bill Steer of Carcass, aka, GOD.

Sami From Necrophagist layin' it down.

Muhammed SuiƧmez a.k.a Jesus, of Necrophagist, really cool dude, I got to talk to him before the show, he likes Starbucks and Dairy Queen! rofl, fucking amazing!

Michael Amott, bad picture but its still him.

Offline Laketown

• Veteran Member
  • the impostress
    • View Profile
Florida Death Fest 2008!
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2008, 09:43:08 PM »
dude I hate you so much

and btw, you now have the obligation to get suffocation's pierced from within and effigy of the forgotten.

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 09:44:24 PM by Sweet »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal