Author Topic: GTA on Macbook  (Read 3555 times)

Offline Darkyy

• Veteran Member
  • Unionized since 2008
    • View Profile
GTA on Macbook
« on: October 08, 2010, 10:25:35 AM »
Right I've had a macbook for faculty for a while now, I feel like stunting a bit on it from time to time so anybody know how to get VC/LC/SAIVC to work on my macbook ?

I know it's available on steam but don't think I'll be able to stunt with steam games nor do I want to pay again those games.
Just tried simply to move over the pc files but it didn't work as expected  :cc_detective:

Help me out :)

Offline bluedagger

• View Profile
Re: GTA on Macbook
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 03:54:22 AM »
Hey darkyy! So I made the same topic a while ago but noone knew how to do it. First off you must know - mac cannot run .exe files, so simply dragging the pc files wont work. I think there was made a program to run .exe files on mac so I'll try to search for it. The easiest solution is to use bootcamp and just make a small partition for games. If its under 32 gb you can even access the windows partition from the mac partition. Lets try to find a way to do this without windows though, I'd like that too. The search begins!
E:
Open Any Windows exe File On Mac With CrossOver

Lets see if this works!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 04:14:54 AM by bluedagger »

Offline Artifex

• Artifex
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 05:00:24 AM »
Ive got a macbook to and got vice city working theres a mac version of it search it on tpb :p but you cant stunt on it since theres no user files and stuff

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
  • Defenestration penetration.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 06:27:47 AM »
Can I ask why you took a Mac in the first place?

Offline Darkyy

• Veteran Member
  • Unionized since 2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2010, 06:49:30 AM »
Hey darkyy! So I made the same topic a while ago but noone knew how to do it. First off you must know - mac cannot run .exe files, so simply dragging the pc files wont work. I think there was made a program to run .exe files on mac so I'll try to search for it. The easiest solution is to use bootcamp and just make a small partition for games. If its under 32 gb you can even access the windows partition from the mac partition. Lets try to find a way to do this without windows though, I'd like that too. The search begins!
E:
Open Any Windows exe File On Mac With CrossOver

Lets see if this works!

Thanks for your reply Blue, I'll check that too later and search harder seeing as people doesn't seem to know the answer :)

Right Artifex but I'm pretty much sure it's possible to do, with windows emulation or such.

I took a Mac because it's way nicer to work with, no bugs, ergonomy, stylish, long time battery higher than any other pc. Best choice for faculty.

Offline Turtle Boy

• Shell Shocked.
  • Admin
  • not afraid of dying, pieces of me die all the time
    • View Profile
    • Skyler Mead
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2010, 07:33:44 AM »
just use Bootcamp. Should work just fine. google it.

Offline Darkyy

• Veteran Member
  • Unionized since 2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2010, 08:22:17 AM »
I know about bootcamp, was looking for something better. I don't need such a heavy program, it's only gonna make my mac slower and maybe even bring bugs.

I'll find a way to stunt on it easily, or just carry on stunting with the shitty family pc who lags on windowed Vice City hahahaha

Offline bluedagger

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2010, 06:59:47 AM »

Offline Darkyy

• Veteran Member
  • Unionized since 2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2010, 07:10:56 AM »
YAY ! I didn't have time to try Crossover yesterday but I'll definatly have a go at it today you sexy naked dude !

Sick stuff, and no heavy bootcamp. I'll update you by the end of the day  :wub:

Offline bluedagger

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2010, 07:45:09 AM »
Dude if we get this to work for both of us we make a macbook duo lol   :cheernutz:  :wub:

Offline Raskal

• Furniture Cadet
  • Veteran Member
  • I like stuff
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2010, 06:48:35 PM »
I stunt on a Macbook, I use a program called Parallels.

Offline m3rrix

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2010, 08:56:41 PM »
I use vmware. It is an ugly solution so I'm well keen to hear about your experience with Crossover.

Offline Laketown

• Veteran Member
  • the impostress
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2010, 07:17:40 AM »
can't believe we have TWO mac users in USS :(

and they aren't even from USAmerica!

Offline Artifex

• Artifex
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2010, 08:40:29 AM »
I don't use my macbook for games anyway  :cc_detective:

Offline bluedagger

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2010, 09:33:51 AM »
I use vmware. It is an ugly solution so I'm well keen to hear about your experience with Crossover.

Hey M3rrix! You should use crossover if vmware doesnt work for you. I cranked all options up to high, and it runs completely smooth. Awesome! Go to youtube, just download crossover from the link in the description, install and afterwards just open gta and it'll work :) also get the cpu booster that the same guy advertises in a related vid, it really works :)

So yeah everyone I'm running VC, LC, SAiVC and all the other mapmods with 30 fps all options high :) Go get crossover! :D

And yeah Raskal parallels is very demanding for ram and also cpu, Crossover will defo be smoother as it runs in the mac os :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal