Author Topic: Freeplay  (Read 102477 times)

Offline Dannye

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Freeplay
« Reply #120 on: January 03, 2010, 04:34:26 AM »
Can I get confirmation from anyone else using Windows 7 64bit that this does not work?

Doesn't seem to be working for me on my new compy (that said, I didn't spend much time checking it worked or not, because I had the more important issue of the mouse not working [consistently] - stupid VC and its random mouse problems).

Cheers.

Offline Mythic

• Veteran Member
  • WH Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 03, 2010, 11:22:57 AM »
Running Win7 x64 and some of the functions are working fine. Basic weather/time/zoom-limit-removers working fine, but working with Insert/Delete/PageDn-Up keeps crashing the game pretty often.

Freeplay V3 by the way. But still a step to the better direction when compared to VC's limited replay function.

Thanks for this, hope you'll solve the problems with Win7. :)

Offline burn

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 03, 2010, 02:21:05 PM »
Dannye, is it possible to see the tilt of the dumper with freeplay? as you already did it with packer, it would be useful for a lot of people (me especially ^^).

No ?

Offline FIGHTER

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 04, 2010, 11:11:08 AM »
Can I get confirmation from anyone else using Windows 7 64bit that this does not work?

Doesn't seem to be working for me on my new compy (that said, I didn't spend much time checking it worked or not, because I had the more important issue of the mouse not working [consistently] - stupid VC and its random mouse problems).

Cheers.
i have that always lol btw it works fine for me at win7 64bit

Offline KillaMarci

• <3
  • Veteran Member
  • Don't you remember the monsters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 04, 2010, 01:14:59 PM »
This has never worked properly for me...not on XP and not on Windows 7, probably has something to do with my version of SAiVC (game freezes when I try to use one of the functions)

Offline FIGHTER

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 04, 2010, 02:31:07 PM »
This has never worked properly for me...not on XP and not on Windows 7, probably has something to do with my version of SAiVC (game freezes when I try to use one of the functions)
which version are you using sir? I use the one of cdarmy...

Offline Dannye

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 04, 2010, 03:48:52 PM »
Freeplay is working fine for me now in Win7 64bit - just had to set it to run as administrator. All functions seem to work too - no crashes or anything (although I only quickly tested it).

Mouse problems are gone now too after setting compatability on the game's exe to Windows 98/ME. Sure, it does mean that the user files are stored in a slightly stupider location (users/public/public documents), but I don't mind, just chucked a shortcut to it in the proper windows saved games folder.

Offline FIGHTER

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 04, 2010, 03:52:12 PM »
Freeplay is working fine for me now in Win7 64bit - just had to set it to run as administrator. All functions seem to work too - no crashes or anything (although I only quickly tested it).

Mouse problems are gone now too after setting compatability on the game's exe to Windows 98/ME. Sure, it does mean that the user files are stored in a slightly stupider location (users/public/public documents), but I don't mind, just chucked a shortcut to it in the proper windows saved games folder.
I Have it still...any solutions?

Offline Dannye

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 04, 2010, 05:15:31 PM »
Sorry man I got no idea.

Did get Freeplay to crash though, 'twas while using the 'no camera shake' function. No suprises really, I was never really sure about that one, don't think the way I found to do it was a very good way. No matter, not a commonly used function anyways.

Offline Flat Face

• With power comes lulz
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 04, 2010, 07:04:37 PM »
This is going to sound like a stupid request but.. anyway of getting freeplay to freeze replays automatically when you watch them so you have time to set stuff up without worrying about freezing yourself? also maybe a better looking interface? I haven't really used freeplay but I've tried once and it looked like a dos command prompt which looks hella intimidating :P

Offline Dannye

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 04, 2010, 07:29:55 PM »
Not stupid at all - I often do that myself (freeze the rep immediately after starting it) when recording too, especially on shorter reps when there really is no time. Not sure about making it happen by default though, may freak some people out (also could be kind of awkward to code).

However I can't see updates of any kind happening any time soon anyways. Sorry, I just don't have as much time.

You are right about the boring look of the command prompt, alas I am just best in c++ where GUIs are just a major hassle (unlike, say, VB).

Offline Flat Face

• With power comes lulz
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 05, 2010, 01:57:30 AM »
Well if you decide you want to work on a better face then let me know and I'll get you in touch with some guys that can help make it easier for you, I don't have direct contact with many of them but once they see what you can do then they'll want to get to know you :P and thus help you.

Offline Mythic

• Veteran Member
  • WH Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 05, 2010, 02:08:36 AM »
The simplicity of the tool is a good thing, as you have said in the readme file. Don't change that, I think people would like to keep it simple.

Offline Flat Face

• With power comes lulz
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 05, 2010, 02:14:58 AM »
What I'm suggesting is making it a little more simple. The way it is now I don't really like it but if it was to immediately pause the replay to give us time to think and the interface was a little more user friendly, it would no doubt make stuff easier too :P

Offline KillaMarci

• <3
  • Veteran Member
  • Don't you remember the monsters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 05, 2010, 10:34:57 AM »
Well I got both at school C++ and VB, I know how to make interfaces in VB but I got no clue how to make interfaces for programs in other languages  :cheersad:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal