Author Topic: Bad News at TGA  (Read 3994 times)

Offline blah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.captainplaceholder.com
Bad News at TGA
« on: April 24, 2004, 04:58:13 PM »
We will be making a LOT of changes over the next week. During the process of changing servers we are going to take care of some issues. We currently have over 300 downloads of which about 150 are crappy stunt videos. We will be getting rid of most of the under par videos and also getting rid of all of the large videos (over 90 megs). All old stunt records will also be cut. This will cut back on our bandwidth usage substantially.
Under the new system we will host anyone’s stunt video for 2 weeks, after that period TGA will decide rather or not your video is up to par with the rest of the videos we are hosting. The GTA uploader is going to be cut back from 80 megs to 65 megs. If your video is larger than this you may IM me on MSN ([email protected]) and I will decide if we will be able to host your file, in general if the file is over 100 megs we aren't going to host it. All screen shots that were uploaded to the /ss directory from the GTA uploader will be dropped in the move to the new server. The reason for this is because the majority of the people who used it to put bmp files or large images that were not compressed properly, this costs us unnecessary bandwidth, which in turn costs me money.

One of the advantages on the new server is TGA will now be capable of selling you hosting packages. We will be able to offer Unlimited packages with restrictions on bandwidth and webspace only. We hope to sell these packages to gaming oriented sites to extend the TGA family. I am trying to figure out pricing right now, and the whole system probably won't be set up until a few weeks into the move.

The point of all these changes is to lower our bandwidth and keep TGA from getting trashed by a lot of low quality stunt videos. We don't want you guys to have to wade through a swamp of below average videos before they find a decent video. Under the new system we will have nothing but good quality videos.

Thats a quote by bloody on there site...  Very bad news for most of us.  I don't know what they will consider up to par...  My old vids will probably be deleted  :(   Actually all my vids probably will as most of my vids are nothing special except for editing...  Makes me sad.

Andyroososoft

Bad News at TGA
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2004, 07:27:31 PM »
i know, both SINs are already off. we're gonna have to look for sum different hosts. Maybe Liquidsnake could aid us in this, as not alot of ppl would download the vids, thus not alot of bandwidth would be used. I also know a few other sites that are offering

Offline blah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Bad News at TGA
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2004, 08:12:48 PM »
They took off the SIN's???  Wtf is that all about??  The beat the crap out of most videos there.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2004, 08:13:06 PM by blah »

Offline NightKnight

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Bad News at TGA
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2004, 08:22:52 AM »
OMG I hate TGA for doing this :veryverymad: My vids are still there, tho :lol:  

Offline Dragon

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://
Bad News at TGA
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2004, 02:40:40 PM »
well teh tga site on my cmop wont even freaking open up and i just finished uploading my ampt audtion and my first ever vid! im sooooo freaking mad   :reallymad:  :reallymad:  :reallymad:  :reallymad:  :

Offline blah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Bad News at TGA
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2004, 04:09:09 PM »
My vids are still there too...

And andy it looks like they deleted all of our graphics... I hope you saved them somewhere.

Andyroososoft

Bad News at TGA
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2004, 05:47:35 PM »
ive got backups of all of the grahpics on my computer. i'm trying to cinvince bloodymess to keep my /andyoo. but GOD, i hate how TGA has to keep on changing so hundreds of ppl have to change too.

So yeh, like i said, i have backups of the piks. I need to find another RELIABLE server soon so everything will go back to normal

l8er - - Andyroososoft

Offline Barney

• Veteran Member
  • Adebisi's Hat
    • View Profile
Bad News at TGA
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2004, 01:40:06 AM »
TGA is pissin me off lately

i'm gonna march down there and F-in start sumfin :fight:  :reallymad:  

Offline NightKnight

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Bad News at TGA
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2004, 09:35:31 AM »
if you go to tga right now you'll get a server error page :panic:  

Andyroososoft

Bad News at TGA
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2004, 01:27:32 PM »
ok, well Bloody has been nice anough to let me keep my part of the server, as long as i dont upload nething above 150 KB, so in this case I dont think i can help nebody upload their vid(s) unless theyre under about 90 MB and that Bloody allows me to upload it, otherwise i really will have to find another server.

btw, im moving this topic to general discussion cuz for sum odd reason it seems to be screwin up the portal, i dunno y  :blink:

l8er - -Andyroososoft

Offline Valikai

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Bad News at TGA
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2004, 01:19:44 PM »
This is really gay, i just finished my fourth video and i cant upload it. grrrr :veryverymad:  

Andyroososoft

Bad News at TGA
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2004, 01:36:20 PM »
get it hosted with Help Stop Rice then :)

Offline Barney

• Veteran Member
  • Adebisi's Hat
    • View Profile
Bad News at TGA
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2004, 02:43:50 PM »
andy u should make a tutorial telling u how to upload to TGA with ftp and everything much easier and less complaining LOL :skullbang:  

Offline .priest

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Bad News at TGA
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2004, 03:40:41 PM »
wtf is FTP uploading!!!barnz you never telled me!

Offline NightKnight

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Bad News at TGA
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2004, 04:20:01 PM »
ftp = file transfer protocol

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal