Author Topic: [UPDATE 2] Release of Grand Theft Auto V in 2012 is probably possible  (Read 5061 times)

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: [UPDATE] Release of Grand Theft Auto V in 2012 is probably possible
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2012, 08:44:07 AM »
Take-two said that the fiscal year 2012-2013 will be the best that they're never done. So do you know any GAME, other than GTA, which can state with certainty what's Take-two are saying ?
Bioshock ? No. Max Payne 3 ? No. 

GTA V ? Yes, it's the unique game which can beat record of the best gamer ever sold.

Well, Read Dead Redemption didn't look like a massive hype up until the release, when it sold 10 million units. So there's always the potential for Max Payne to do the same. The latest it will come is early 2013, 2012 is still an unlikely possibility though.

Offline Headshooter

• View Profile
10 million isn't the same as a potential 20 millions in the first month of THE game.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 01:42:03 PM by Headshooter »

Offline Davve

• Veteran Member
  • Colossus
    • View Profile
4,5 years for developping GTA V, it's enough.
And you're an expert on game developing, I guess?

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
10 million isn't the same as a potential 20 millions in the first month of THE game.

For a new franchise (I don't count the old Red Dead games, the only similarity is the setting), it did amazingly well.

Offline Headshooter

• View Profile
4,5 years for developping GTA V, it's enough.
And you're an expert on game developing, I guess?

GTA IV did 4 years but in this game we changed the motor graphic and physic whereas GTA V not. And no, i'm not an expert i just show my opinion.

Offline Basiµm

• View Profile
The agreed date of release is May 2013 though the game has a big size capacity so it would be approximately 30-40 GB on the HDD therefore my computer wouldn't handle that so it's a big problem.  :P

Offline AJ Collins

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • RockstarNexus
I believe that if GTAV is coming for 360 and PS3, it will come this year. Microsoft has started shipping next gen dev kits so if the past is anything to go on, we'll see the new console the middle of next year. We definitively won't see it this year because the developers won't have enough time and Halo 4 is coming out at the end of this year for 360 so Microsoft wouldn't release its cash cow on current gen with next gen out. Now, Rockstar won't want to release GTAV so close to the release of a next gen console as that would hurt long term sales and if they release it next year that won't give them enough space to reap the long term sales and be able to release DLC. I feel kinda bad for Rockstar because this pins AGENT in a very bad position. If North is still the main developer working on it, it might very well slip into the next gen, which is likely since we haven't heard a peep about it. If they've given it to another Rockstar studio, then we still probably won't see it until next year but by that time we'll be close to the next gen so it'll again be in a bad position.

Now, since we still don't know the platforms for GTAV (which is the oddest thing), there is a slim possibility GTAV will be coming for next gen consoles. This is the most unlikely result but still should be considered. If this is the case, I'd suspect the next game we'll hear about is AGENT as opposed to GTAV. Again, this is unlikely and would be extremely odd since we already have a trailer for GTAV from last year and nothing but a logo for AGENT.

Offline Headshooter

• View Profile
I believe that if GTAV is coming for 360 and PS3, it will come this year. Microsoft has started shipping next gen dev kits so if the past is anything to go on, we'll see the new console the middle of next year. We definitively won't see it this year because the developers won't have enough time and Halo 4 is coming out at the end of this year for 360 so Microsoft wouldn't release its cash cow on current gen with next gen out. Now, Rockstar won't want to release GTAV so close to the release of a next gen console as that would hurt long term sales and if they release it next year that won't give them enough space to reap the long term sales and be able to release DLC. I feel kinda bad for Rockstar because this pins AGENT in a very bad position. If North is still the main developer working on it, it might very well slip into the next gen, which is likely since we haven't heard a peep about it. If they've given it to another Rockstar studio, then we still probably won't see it until next year but by that time we'll be close to the next gen so it'll again be in a bad position.

Now, since we still don't know the platforms for GTAV (which is the oddest thing), there is a slim possibility GTAV will be coming for next gen consoles. This is the most unlikely result but still should be considered. If this is the case, I'd suspect the next game we'll hear about is AGENT as opposed to GTAV. Again, this is unlikely and would be extremely odd since we already have a trailer for GTAV from last year and nothing but a logo for AGENT.

Currently, we don't know the name of the third xbox ...
Microsoft are extending the cycle of life of Xbox 360 with Kinnect so i think they will launch their console in the end of 2013 and early 2014 for the Playstation 4.
Rockstar have been working on GTA V since 2008, it's impossible that the game come at next gen consoles because they don't have the Kit of Developpement for the new consoles.
Agent developpement started in 2009 so 1 year after GTA V, early 2013 or end 2012 we will have more informations about this game.
DLC is not a problem they will have time to release some.

Offline Bixel

• Veteran Member
  • DSS Crew
    • View Profile
are you kidding me ? Since Diablo 3 came out there are no other games... even gtas...

Offline Headshooter

• View Profile
Diablo III isn't a big game as Grand Theft Auto...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal