Author Topic: GTAIV....on stunting  (Read 3661 times)

Offline Nitzkit

• View Profile
GTAIV....on stunting
« on: July 14, 2008, 05:41:52 PM »
This is not a negative post about IV when it comes to stunting, But I have to get this off my chest.

Compared to the time the other GTA games have been out to IV it seems unfair to judge IV on stunting since a lot of stunting possibilities "could" still be found. But I feel that on stunting for me there will never be a game which is more fun to stunt in than VC. Now I know some of you might say SA instead of VC, or you might even say IV, thats not my point here. My point is that since IV is so damn realistic its extremely difficult to get the result you want out of a stunt (and im not just talking about bumps). Stunting on IV is like walking on a tight rope while your testicles are being tickled. Too friggin annoying. In SA that damn CJ doesnt fall off the bike at all, so its quite boring. To me VC is the perfect balance in which to stunt in.
(This is just my opinion on stunting in IV so far)

What is your best game to stunt in? Or where you find you have the most fun stunting in?

Ocean

GTAIV....on stunting
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 05:57:15 PM »
SA. It definitely has to most possibilities for stunting, and it offers a really big map, where new, great stunts are being found daily.

Offline Brainkiller

• Narkissos
  • Veteran Member
  • Twisted Metal Stunters
    • View Profile
GTAIV....on stunting
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 06:01:50 PM »
Vice City will always rule the roost, cause there will always be conversion mods... which means Vice's kick ass engine can have all the new maps ported to it = ]

Liberty City, San Andreas and maybe one day New Liberty City.

Offline Ralleee

• The Ralmeister
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
GTAIV....on stunting
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 06:09:12 PM »
Vice City is still my favourite GTA game when it comes to stunting. Even though San Andreas would be a lot more fun if I wasen't lagging.

GTA IV map in Vice City engine = best fucking mod ever

Offline Brainkiller

• Narkissos
  • Veteran Member
  • Twisted Metal Stunters
    • View Profile
GTAIV....on stunting
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 06:10:21 PM »
[youtube]JDCtlhGG_lo[/youtube]

Let's celebrate VCs ownage

=/ some ass head edited my post

« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 06:44:52 PM by Nitzkit »

Offline Mythic

• Veteran Member
  • WH Member
    • View Profile
GTAIV....on stunting
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 06:29:03 PM »
VC, as I haven't played much SA and IV never. I hope there will be more proper Total Conversions, maybe IV's map someday.

Offline kr3mlin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://neoretrofilms.blogspot.com
GTAIV....on stunting
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 06:41:29 PM »
I am a great fan of San Andreas as a stunting engine because of the vehicle types created by Rockstar to allow for such a great variety of stunting types and approaches to the world created. San Andreas also has bicycles, the most underappreciated vehicle in stunting. As for CJ not falling off, that is only a problem if you restrict yourself to motorbike stunting

As for IV, I like it for stunting, it is interesting especially in terms of its car and multiplayer capabilities - the main problem at the moment is that you have a whole stunting community who exist now with their tools for stunting (spawn any car and teleporters etc) and most cannot be bothered doing stunting the way we all use to do it

EDIT: Why post this in IV chat & support if IV is just a preface to start a general discussion?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 06:49:29 PM by kr3mlin »

Offline Kert

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
GTAIV....on stunting
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2008, 09:54:15 PM »
Quote from: Nitzkit
This is not a negative post about IV when it comes to stunting, But I have to get this off my chest.

Compared to the time the other GTA games have been out to IV it seems unfair to judge IV on stunting since a lot of stunting possibilities "could" still be found. But I feel that on stunting for me there will never be a game which is more fun to stunt in than VC. Now I know some of you might say SA instead of VC, or you might even say IV, thats not my point here. My point is that since IV is so damn realistic its extremely difficult to get the result you want out of a stunt (and im not just talking about bumps). Stunting on IV is like walking on a tight rope while your testicles are being tickled. Too friggin annoying. In SA that damn CJ doesnt fall off the bike at all, so its quite boring. To me VC is the perfect balance in which to stunt in.
(This is just my opinion on stunting in IV so far)

What is your best game to stunt in? Or where you find you have the most fun stunting in?

I agree, and there wont be a better game than VC, because you can't have both: good looks + realism, and stunting. It wont work. I find IV a lot of fun though.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 09:54:43 PM by Kert »

Offline Pendji

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
GTAIV....on stunting
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2008, 01:44:43 AM »
I'm in love with rad bumps in sa, but yes, its quite boring when you cant bail and grinds are freaking easy... I'll have to say VC

Offline JayFoxRox

• View Profile
    • Homepage
GTAIV....on stunting
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2008, 03:46:05 AM »
Personally I think its much easier to bail in SA than to do in GTA4, GTA4 is the most unrealistic game in terms of stunting etc, you can go backwards as fast as you want without falling off etc, you can do a backflip and a frontflip in a single jump without touching the ground etc...

Offline Balance

• Boys Don't Cry
    • View Profile
    • SoundCloud
GTAIV....on stunting
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2008, 05:13:56 AM »
Quote from: JayFoxRox
Personally I think its much easier to bail in SA than to do in GTA4, GTA4 is the most unrealistic game in terms of stunting etc, you can go backwards as fast as you want without falling off etc, you can do a backflip and a frontflip in a single jump without touching the ground etc...
i agree, but i miss Krail & Corkscrew

Offline FIGHTER

• View Profile
GTAIV....on stunting
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2008, 05:23:17 AM »
VC ftw like Nitkit's and BK's reason also I think there are too many methodes for SA....

Offline Turtle Boy

• Shell Shocked.
  • Admin
  • not afraid of dying, pieces of me die all the time
    • View Profile
    • Skyler Mead
GTAIV....on stunting
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2008, 08:33:04 AM »
VC all the way, although I am getting pretty damn good at bumps in IV. But yea, I always end up going to VC and trying some oldies, some crazy ones, or just have fun.

Edit: I also enjoy stunting SA, just cause its so different, fun to switch it up.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 08:35:25 AM by Turtle Boy »

Offline Nitzkit

• View Profile
GTAIV....on stunting
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2008, 06:15:05 PM »
Quote from: kr3mlin
EDIT: Why post this in IV chat & support if IV is just a preface to start a general discussion?

I want to know what people think of IV when it comes to stunting, not VC or SA...but ofcourse they would have to compare it to the previous GTAs.

Offline Flat Face

• With power comes lulz
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
GTAIV....on stunting
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2008, 08:13:16 PM »
yeah i just see IV as another game for stunting but not as gta stunting for some reason if that makes any sense  i only view VC n SA as gta's for stunting... maybe gta3.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal