Author Topic: John Carter  (Read 1518 times)

Offline kaneda

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
John Carter
« on: March 01, 2012, 01:18:57 PM »
For those who aren't familiar:

John Carter - Official Trailer 2 [HD]

Dunno about the choice of using what sounds like a remix of Cashmere in the trailer, but the movie looks kinda interesting. I saw the extended trailer before TPH 3D, and the 3D looks unbelievably good (which I've mentioned before), but I'm wondering what people think of the concept. It'll invariably be compared to Avatar, despite the fact the character was first seen in 1912. The movie looks like a cross between Dune and Stargate, which won't help. This is a big leap of faith for Disney (with a reported budget of 250 million), because if it bombs then Disney will be in a world of hurt.

Personally, I'll see the movie - if only to find out whether or not it works as a movie. So will everyone go see it, or is the hype making you cynical about the movie's quality?

Offline Reaper

• Skyforger
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: John Carter
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 01:27:45 PM »
Fry says...

Looks like a mix of Star Wars and Avatar but looks good enough so I'll watch it.

Offline RedX

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 01:30:35 PM »
Looks cool, I'll probably download it. :P I believe it's spelled Kashmir btw

Offline Arnax

• beyond
  • Veteran Member
  • Solus Ipse
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 02:24:33 PM »
Cool cartoon.

Offline MxZz.

• Veteran Member
  • Nomad Union
    • View Profile
    • MY YT CHANNEL
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 03:06:30 PM »
Looks nice. Will download it aswell. :P

Offline kaneda

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 04:00:12 PM »
Cool cartoon.

NOTE: I'm under the assumption here that you're referring to the trailer, and not the Futurama clip. If you are referring to the Futurama clip, then disregard the following. I'm also assuming your comment was a sarcastic one, referring to the excessive amount of CG and cartoon-like imagery.

That's an interesting take on it. So, if it had of been completely CG - that would be fine? Don't get me wrong, I'm not ragging on your post, but I'm wondering when the combination of live-action and animation became an issue. This isn't a new thing, movies such as Pete's Dragon and Mary Poppins combined animation and live action decades ago. Animation evolved into CG, and now that combination has basically taken over. For me, it's fantastic that animation has evolved to the point where it doesn't stand out as animation, but rather blends in well with the live action components. It can make a movie look synthetic, yeah. But when you have a movie about a man on Mars fighting alongside an alien race - it's already synthetic.

:P I believe it's spelled Kashmir btw

Uh...yeah...I knew dat.  :P
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 04:04:26 PM by kaneda »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal