Author Topic: Ultimate Stunters Main SCM  (Read 268969 times)

Offline Prog

• Veteran Member
  • Boooing
    • View Profile
Re: Ultimate Stunters Main SCM
« Reply #1185 on: September 29, 2020, 06:49:06 AM »
I'd love to see save warps and load warps, where in your runup you can save location somewhere and upon loading, it keeps the speed you had at the time. It'd make stunt testing significantly easier. Not sure if it's realistic to make. But I know this works on MTA. You know better than I if it's a possibility or not.

it already exists, but for me it is modding.
the stunt is already easier nowadays, taking a run up is an integral part of a try.

Offline Amaluna

• Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: September 29, 2020, 11:12:42 AM »
I'd love to see save warps and load warps, where in your runup you can save location somewhere and upon loading, it keeps the speed you had at the time. It'd make stunt testing significantly easier. Not sure if it's realistic to make. But I know this works on MTA. You know better than I if it's a possibility or not.

it already exists, but for me it is modding.
the stunt is already easier nowadays, taking a run up is an integral part of a try.
For me it is modding as well. Loading the warp with the speed saved will also show in the rep. Hence why I specified I wanted it for testing. Sorry if it was unclear.

And you say it exists, do you happen to have a link to it? I'd like to test some stuff with it!

Offline puzzLe

• Veteran Member
  • Wasteland Heroes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: September 30, 2020, 01:49:22 AM »
Awesome to see how the community's kind of coning back together. Thanks for still putting work into the scm 15 years down the line, Dannye 🙌🏼
Have you ever considered adding a perfect north/south keybind to it by the way?

Offline Dannye

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: October 02, 2020, 07:48:40 AM »
Am I allowed to suggest things to add to the SCM? There's something I'm sure a lot of stunters would LOVE to have. And if it's possible to make, it'd be freaking fantastic.

I'm sorry if you don't accept suggestions, I'm just opportunistic right now.
Happy to hear suggestions, and I appreciate the feedback! Regarding your idea, that's not something I have looked into before and I am not sure how to go about it (nor certain whether I would want to include it in the primary USCM project or not). But the best part of the upcoming release is that the source code will be included and is much more accessible than its ever been (aka no longer a horrible mess of undecipherable code :lol: ), so hopefully that opens the door to anyone willing/able to customise it, and since it sounds like the code you are after may already exist (based on Prog's reply), then perhaps someone else could create an alternate version of base USCMs which includes it for you?

Awesome to see how the community's kind of coning back together. Thanks for still putting work into the scm 15 years down the line, Dannye 🙌🏼
Have you ever considered adding a perfect north/south keybind to it by the way?
Thank you for the support puzzLe  :happy: . Regarding your suggestion I am not certain what you mean by it - something like a button which rotates your player/vehicle to face those precise directions when you press it? If so, what kind of use-cases do you have in mind for it?

All that said, I am leaning towards the whole thing being feature-complete for now, and hopefully having a release over the weekend, so not thinking about any other changes (at least at the moment), other than bug-fixes if necessary/possible. But, as I mentioned above, I would have no objection to anyone taking the source code I bundle with the release and making any additions they see fit!

Thanks all, fingers crossed I'll be able to get the whole thing up soon for ya

Offline PrzemOO

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: October 02, 2020, 08:42:58 AM »
Would it be posaible to convert your updated code into SA USCM? Not specifically asking you to do so, but rather if the games are somewhat compatible in that regard.

Offline Sheep

• Nice Guy
  • Scapegoat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: October 02, 2020, 09:40:53 AM »
@Dannye you can do perfect front/backflips with bikes if you go directly to north/south in SA engine.
There was cleo mod made by Ptrvy afaik. Maybe having it in uscm its easier to use? No idea
« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 09:43:03 AM by Sheep »

Offline Dannye

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: October 03, 2020, 07:27:52 AM »
Re Sheep/PrzemOO: Thanks for the explanation about the north/south thing, I never knew about that quirk of the SA engine. It would be nice if the SA USCM could be brought up to the same level as the VC ones, but its been a very long time since I last looked at the SA USCM, so I really don't know how easy it would be. I am not going to commit to anything, but maybe I'll look into it at some point. (Sorry to all the SA stunters who have been a bit let down in the USCM department, I admit my focus has always leant more towards VC)

Anyways: :a-cheer:
A new version, v7, of the Vice City engine Ultimate Stunter's SCM is finally here, 15 years since the very first release (yikes!  :blink: ). It includes the USCM for Vice City, Liberty City and SAiVC (I can't be sure of how well it works for the latter, with many different versions about, but it seems to be okay for 2 I tested it on).

Download here: https://www.moddb.com/mods/ultimate-stunters-scm/downloads/vice-city-uscm-v7
(hopefully with this hosting I won't have to worry about dead links anymore)

I've already mentioned some of the changes recently, and its all covered in the documentation file I've included in the download (don't feel like you have to read it all, it goes on a bit - there's lots you can expand in there for even more detail), but here's a quick rundown of some of the main stuff:

• Can make a savegame at any time while on-foot
  • Can toggle between your last and 2nd-last vehicle, for which will be used by certain on-foot Features that interact with a prior-vehicle
  • All USCM variants do better at accepting the use of any type of input device, aka better support for gamepads regardless of which variant you use (as a result, the old names I had for each variant made no sense anymore, but dont worry, all 4 are still included, and I note their old names as well as their new ones, so you should be able to find what you are after)
  • Can use any Feature while jetpacking or in/underwater (including using jetpack while underwater, thus no need for on-foot-based Water Respawn Feature anymore)
  • Jetpack has more movement options (more directions, simultaneous movement on multiple axes, slow/fast, etc) and wont be able to get stuck in an animation that prevents turning anymore
  • A bunch more vehicle spawners (4 while on foot, each of them spawning different vehicles if performed while jetpacking), including an extra one which spawns a single random vehicle
  • Weather changing will go sequentially through the supported weather types, instead of randomly, and includes one extra step of letting the game take over (aka allowing weather to change naturally)
  • Bug fixes!! (eg. ghosttown wont get forgotten on loading a saved game; you will no longer be able to teleport into a destroyed car that had been underwater; and more)
  • Massive source code overhaul - the code is included in release, and is much more accessible for anyone wanting to get in and change stuff
  • Please see the changelog section of the included Documentation file for a more thorough run-down of all the changes.

Regressions in v7, and/or things to consider before using, in case you would prefer the behaviour of older verions instead:

• Old savegames wont work, and I haven't included new ones, sorry, so you will have to start a New Game the first time you use this (for VC, it still includes the [not perfect, but better than nothing] attempt at ensuring most things are open/unlocked from the start at least; for LC and SAiVC it shouldn't matter anyway, well, outside of the loss of previous savegames you may of had been using for the purpose of Teleport Locations)
  • I removed the second 0-stars case in the Wanted Level Up/Down feature, which set you as having '0 stars, not ignored, and can be carjacked'. It was the only step which allowed the latter (but surely no-one wanted that while stunting anyway), and as for the prior the 1-6 stars steps all still support that. I am hoping this isn't a dealbreaker and was a relatively unused feature, with most people either staying on '0 stars and ignored' or picking a specific star level, which is all still possible.
  • You should never have been able to have jetpack enabled while in a vehicle, but previously it was possible, if you really tried. It had no effect once in the vehicle, but as soon as you got/fell out you could immediately, and possibly accidentally, start jetpacking again. None of this was ever intended, and thus now I have added the 'Enter Vehicle' button as an additional trigger to disable jetpacking. In addition, if you perform a Teleport Load (into a vehicle) while jetpacking, it will also disable it.
  • Because you can now perform other in-vehicle functions while underwater in a vehicle, there was a conflict with the old button used for the vehicle-based Water Respawn Feature - it could be accidentally activated while trying to press a button combo for a different feature. As such, I have changed the trigger for vehicle water respawns to 'Camera' - which I admit may be a little annoying (as it will also change your camera angle), but at least no other Features conflict with that. Hopefully this also wont be a big deal as it won't get used much - it's only relevant for car (not bike) stunting, and in most cases you've probably already got a Teleport Location you could Load instead.

Offline Lex

• No longer active
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: October 03, 2020, 08:02:23 AM »
I still believe that you're going to pimp the SA version! but enjoy anything you do!  :wub:

Offline ARS

• Veteran Member
  • Natural's the best way.
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #1193 on: October 03, 2020, 02:12:53 PM »
Thanks a bunch man, it's amazing! Already tested and it works great!

Offline puzzLe

• Veteran Member
  • Wasteland Heroes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: October 03, 2020, 04:23:40 PM »
Fuckin' NIIIICE dude! Can't wait to give it a spin tomorrow, thanks again for all the hard work!

Offline DeathCobra

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: October 06, 2020, 03:56:37 AM »
Thanks for the effort Dannye. Getting it on somewhere that isn't likely to go down within 5 nanoseconds is great. Even if the SA version doesn't get any updates, would be great to have that on moddb too  :ajaja:

Offline Aries

• V.I.P. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: October 06, 2020, 04:18:06 AM »
You're the man, man!

Super work, can't wait to finish work and give it a whirl, some big features in this release

Offline Max_

• relax reflex
    • View Profile
    • Youtube HP
« Reply #1197 on: October 06, 2020, 07:25:33 PM »
Thanks for the effort you put into this! and keeping us sane all these years
Works great :ajaja:

Offline Ezraph2001

• Live, love, laugh, Limberly Kippington
    • View Profile
    • stan nmixx
« Reply #1198 on: October 07, 2020, 02:07:41 AM »
I'm surprised the new version of SAiVC's USCM has ISB unlike old ones, now I don't have to roam around and look for the old version with the ISB anymore :D Awesome new features, would do a review FeelsGoodMan <3

Also, I was playing LC to try the new spawns, and 2 of the new ones crashes the game... (spawners 3a and 4b i think)

EDIT: I just realized that I have been using the GTA 3 XBOX wheels all the time, that might be the #1 culprit of the crashes. All works now. This is some cool new shit. Good job Dannye :D

EDIT 2: and speaking of the xbox wheels, somebody should make it so it's compatible with the new .scm and fixes the crashing issue (unless you have a workaround...)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 09:34:11 AM by Ezraph2001 »

Offline Dannye

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: October 31, 2020, 07:07:34 PM »
Thanks for the feedback everyone! :wub:

Re San Andreas: I have started dipping my toes into the SA USCM, looking at the old SA code just to get my head around it again, and trying to focus on what the primary differences are between how the VC and SA USCMs operate. I still can't say for sure if/when I'll get properly stuck into it though. One of my next steps would be to actually install SA on my computer again, if I can. That's a great suggestion you made DeathCobra about uploading the current SA USCM to the better hosting environment in the meantime, I will try to do that soon (and the same for Freeplay too).

I'm surprised the new version of SAiVC's USCM has ISB unlike old ones, now I don't have to roam around and look for the old version with the ISB anymore :D Awesome new features, would do a review FeelsGoodMan <3
Also, I was playing LC to try the new spawns, and 2 of the new ones crashes the game... (spawners 3a and 4b i think)
EDIT: I just realized that I have been using the GTA 3 XBOX wheels all the time, that might be the #1 culprit of the crashes. All works now. This is some cool new shit. Good job Dannye :D
EDIT 2: and speaking of the xbox wheels, somebody should make it so it's compatible with the new .scm and fixes the crashing issue (unless you have a workaround...)
Glad to hear you are happy with having the ISB in there! I noticed that many of the previous SAiVC USCMs floating around excluded it, and while some stunters may prefer it that way, for myself, having always stunting with them, I couldn't help but ensure I included them again in this USCM.
I am also very relieved to hear the problems you were having with the USCM have been somewhat resolved! I am not familiar with the 'xbox wheels' mod - I guess for some reason it is not compatible with certain vehicles? (Though I'm not sure why that would be, certainly not to the degree that the game then crashes on spawning them). It is possible that the only way to make the USCM work with that mod (if desired) would be to make an additional USCM version which excludes the problematic vehicles, which isn't exactly ideal, but I don't know what else, at least without taking a proper look at that other mod myself.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal