Author Topic: GTA 5 stunts (SD) (3)  (Read 3441 times)

Offline jooker

• LLS Crew
    • View Profile
Re: GTA 5 stunts (SD) (3)
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2013, 06:19:15 AM »
I'm not talking about the slow-mos. Okay, good graphics, nice vehicle control... aand? Funny but still VC has the best physics.
Okay, hard to find good spots, I can't disagree, but you can't change my view of this.
It would be great if someone make some VC, SA city maps, with pedestrians etc.

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2013, 07:18:48 AM »
With RAD's method you go faster and have to react faster, with slow-mo you could be blind-drunk in your final death-twitches and still maintain a sense of control.

But this is the problem, all of you guys keep missing the point again and again and again :blink:. The benefits of the slow motion ability extend far past the "slow motion", there's so much more. The ability to pull higher and longer wheelies, improved traction, better speed upon bumping, and many other things that I've already posted in other topics.

There are stunts that are literally impossible without the slow motion ability. The "slow motion" is the least important thing about it. But whatever, you can make your own choices. However, childish comments like "bunch of clowns" and "0/10" make it impossible to take you seriously :ajaja:.

Offline Rainbow

• Coeur de taxi
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/Rainbowstunting
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2013, 02:36:26 AM »
With RAD's method you go faster and have to react faster, with slow-mo you could be blind-drunk in your final death-twitches and still maintain a sense of control.
The benefits of the slow motion ability extend far past the "slow motion", there's so much more. The ability to pull higher and longer wheelies, improved traction, better speed upon bumping, and many other things that I've already posted in other topics.
The fact that these benefits are used to land spots you can land it a normal good looking fashion IS what is annoying us. I get it if you use slow-motion for a sideways wallride or getting on a precision afterwards. But the use of slow-motion here was so unnecessary, that is why we dislike it, not just because of slow-mo. For someone who is saying we miss his points you sure as hell are missing standpoint.

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2013, 04:19:33 AM »
No, I'm not. Like I've said in my previous posts, there is such a thing as excessive slow motion. This video is a great example of that. My problem is the negativity you guys express towards people who use it excessively. You are pushing people away from making videos if they can't get one positive, constructive comment from people who've stunted GTA for years - all the way from total beginners to where we are today.

It makes it extremely difficult to recommend anyone to visit this site at all, because the community is so bad at welcoming new people to the game. It feels like YouTube is a more positive place overall :lol:
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 04:21:05 AM by Shadowsniper »

Offline MxZz.

• Veteran Member
  • Nomad Union
    • View Profile
    • MY YT CHANNEL
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2013, 04:27:53 AM »
They wont learn from a positive reaction. And you say that slowmo improve stuff, but cmon, it's like trying to be lvl70 without passing the past 69. They should get skills and a "name" there, and maybe, later, ill react in a positive way to their slowmoed video. Sorry but after the third vid, it's really annoying to see that.

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2013, 05:33:05 AM »
I can't imagine you would have persevered with stunting if you got a "0/10" every time you did something wrong :lol:

Offline ShuffleCrown

• Stunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2013, 05:42:21 AM »
I agree with Shadow sniper about the slow mo. And people should stop bitching about the slow mo seriously, the stunter likes it that way then let him do it like that. Doesn't take skills, yeah whatever, but if he wants to do it with slow mo, FUCKING LET HIM. Its in the damn game, people will sure use it omg. -___-

Offline Daffy

• V.I.P. Member
  • WH & NU Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2013, 06:15:21 AM »
No one's trying to stop anyone from using it, but that doesn't mean we have to encourage it.
You have the freedom to do dumb things like smoking, doesn't mean you should nor does anyone have to celebrate you for it.
I think it sometimes makes otherwise appealing stunts look dull and powerless and it teaches you stunting-reflexes that will make the transition later on to non-slow-mo stunting harder as you're used to doing it at a much slower speed.
If that's cool with you and the criticism that comes with it when people share their view then that's your cross to carry but let me just point out that no one complains about this in the opposite direction, which is usually for a good reason :cc_detective:

Offline MxZz.

• Veteran Member
  • Nomad Union
    • View Profile
    • MY YT CHANNEL
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2013, 10:10:25 AM »
I have to say, that I wasn't reacting the same before stunting in it, and feeling that "challenge" about spots and stuff. Yes, I was allowing slowmo'ed stunts before starting landing stuff on it. I mean, you spend time to find a great looking spot, and land it, and/or get damn bails on it and you see it released with a daaamn slowmo, it's like putting out the great feeling of the stunt itself.

From all the stunts I've seen, some had slowmos that was greatly used, like : NO SLOWMO on the damn bump + landing a great stunt. Spend time on it, and try as much as you can, to avoid it.

I landed a stunt I thought impossible to bump without slowmo. Just really, take your time on your vids, and don't waste your time using slowmo.

Yes, it is part of the game, but really, it's like fl-off on Vice City.

To be honest, I didn't have any pleasure looking at that video.

I agree with Shadow sniper about the slow mo. And people should stop bitching about the slow mo seriously, the stunter likes it that way then let him do it like that. Doesn't take skills, yeah whatever, but if he wants to do it with slow mo, FUCKING LET HIM. Its in the damn game, people will sure use it omg. -___-
The stunters likes it that way? Hello stunters. Don't think you're the "stunters". Everyone are bitching about the Franklin ability being used. Even outside gtas. I've never said he couldn't use it, my meaning was that I disliked this video because of that, and yes, he should stop it because it's fucking up the whole vid. Especially when ALL of SD's stunts were slowmo'ed.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 10:33:19 PM by MxZz. »

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2013, 07:43:46 PM »
At this point, I don't think that anything I can say would change your mind, so we're just going to have to agree to disagree. I think the point about reflexes for bumping is bullshit, as someone who's landed a bunch of stunts with and without the slow motion ability. There are some bumps that are not possible without the ability, it is as simple as that.

Honestly, FL off in VC is just like FL off in SA. One is accepted, the other is not. Both have a similarly proportionate effect on what you can do in the game. It's just that VC's replays get screwed up whereas SA's don't, and you can achieve much higher frame rates in VC, so the backlash against its use is a lot stronger in Vice City.

Regardless of what you believe about the slow motion ability, fix your attitude towards the people who use it. It's clearly the wrong way of going about constructive criticism, and honestly, I expect better from members of Nomad Union, the most recognized stunting group outside of GTAStunting, and an administrator of the website.

EDIT: Also MxZ, come on. People outside of GTAS bitch about ghost town in San Andreas, and even custom textures on bikes. They aren't exactly the best authority on the powers of the slow motion ability. Daffy, there are plenty of things that people don't complain about, which sometimes are worth complaining about. I remember getting chastised in the topic for the first Nomad Union topic for that exact reason. But sometimes, people complain because you're challenging their beliefs, not because they're right. I think that's what's happening right now :cc_detective:
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 07:55:07 PM by Shadowsniper »

Offline Daksad

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2013, 09:10:16 PM »
It's a bit like racing with lawn mowers. For the spectator it remains a race, but a very slow and not impressive version because slugs can't do anything unexpected, you see it coming minutes before. For the driver, it takes away the challenging part, which is the only way to prove something to yourself or the others. It doesn't feel rewarding because you know everybody else can do it too.

Offline MxZz.

• Veteran Member
  • Nomad Union
    • View Profile
    • MY YT CHANNEL
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2013, 10:31:15 PM »
and honestly, I expect better from members of Nomad Union, the most recognized stunting group outside of GTAStunting, and an administrator of the website.
Oh sorry sir, but I'm MxZ, and I'm not gonna change my mind for NU. Just know that. And, once again, okay, some stunts aren't poss without the slowmo in this video, but come on, if you use the slowmo, use it well and land a GREAT stunt.

My main hate isn't that they used slowmo, we do use it aswell, it's just that they used it badly, on low useless spots and bumps. For a third, I expected more. That's why I disliked it. And SS, if you like it, that's your problem, I don't.

+ The only great stunt from SD was that cheetah landing at 1:43 and the one at 3:33. Sport's stunt at 4:09 was great looking but c'mon, I'm sure you didn't even try once this bump without slowmo.  Saint + One Point Reviews still stood out. Great to see guests are better than the main stunter.  :lol: + Laming that finisher, just c'mon. I just had a damn bump on this without slowmo, laming your stunts like that won't get you any better. Stop using that slowmo, and yes, I might see the fact you're getting better, but for the moment, you're going down SD.  :cc_detective:

I finally took the time to look at each stunts, and yes, when I see that as a solo, the only thing I see is a 1/10. Guests could have a get a 6/10, but SD's far from getting a 5/10 from me.

Anyway, I will not go off-topic anymore there, bye.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 10:46:57 PM by MxZz. »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal