Author Topic: Skuller - Impervious  (Read 6708 times)

Offline SkilZ

• DSS Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/SkilZGtaS?feature=mhw5
Re: Skuller - Impervious
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2020, 01:13:28 AM »
Great solo Skuller ! i really like it :)

I really liked the opener, the CSM skimmer at 1:18, the grind at 1:38 (I like the unusual run up), freeway ledge grind, SF Taxi boost to red brdige, prefinisher and finisher of course

Oliver really did a good job I think this is my favorite edit from him :)

Offline Xtramus

• Technical Addict
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gtastunting.net/forums
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2020, 04:16:53 AM »
Now I don't mind it particularly when someone fixes something that is clearly broken, but without sharing = caring... that is just regular modding in my book.

4:05 mehmet packer bump 2 grind:: cant be done without collisionfix, so its a bit dissapointing

Oh shi-
The same thing applies here. Fine if you fix something that's clearly broken, but at least share it with the rest of us. That it didn't happen doesn't mean I agree with it you know... I'd also like for that particular fix to be shared.

but without sharing = caring... that is just regular modding in my book.
meh
You're free to have your own opinion, but then where do you draw the line? What's modded and what's not?

Good video, but ehh.... where can I find these collision fixes? Quite a few stunts are bumps of off stuff that definitely isn't solid in my VC/LC. Now I don't mind it particularly when someone fixes something that is clearly broken, but without sharing = caring... that is just regular modding in my book.
Just to make this clear for everybody: I fixed those you saw in the vid by myself and then landed the spots for more variety and fun only! There are no VC & LC whole maps fixed and I don't have 'em either! I don't think I'm more than anyone here or anything I did it on just few spots for entertaining so I hope people won't be mad at me for that! :rolleyes: 
It's not so much that I'm mad at you as that it's a shame that these kind of things aren't shared generally. Stunting should always be for fun anyway. But I mean, you're fixing an issue that everybody has that nobody should have (so basically just a developer fuck-up) - great. Now you're not sharing it, so it's a problem everybody has but to which only you have the solution. Not so great.

You might have made the fixes for your own stunts, but consider that there might be other stunts possible with these fixes as well! I already had an idea watching the video for a stunt, but since I don't have the fix it's impossible for me.

Note that it doesn't detract from the fact that the stunts you did were in fact good! (but that goes for plenty of stunts that are "really" modded as well ;))

I'm actually quite curious how you fixed them though, since there are quite a few things that need fixing in VC and LC in this regard. It might be nice to see whether they can all be fixed so as to open up some more spots for everyone.

Offline jooker

• LLS Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2020, 04:41:47 AM »
What I wanted to say is that it's a bit harsh to call it modding, yet if he shares it it's not..?
I'd be also happy, if there was a game version where everything is solid and I won't say it's modding, it's literally just finishing Rockstar Games work tbh.
If we draw the line at "It's modded if it's not possible to do in the base game" then LC and SAiVC would be modded, not to mention those versions have fixes too. I don't know, maybe I'm dumb and missing the point, but I'm happy to see new and acceptable spots\stunts, whether he shares it or not.

Offline Xtramus

• Technical Addict
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gtastunting.net/forums
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2020, 05:41:24 AM »
What I wanted to say is that it's a bit harsh to call it modding, yet if he shares it it's not..?
I'd be also happy, if there was a game version where everything is solid and I won't say it's modding, it's literally just finishing Rockstar Games work tbh.
If we draw the line at "It's modded if it's not possible to do in the base game" then LC and SAiVC would be modded, not to mention those versions have fixes too. I don't know, maybe I'm dumb and missing the point, but I'm happy to see new and acceptable spots\stunts, whether he shares it or not.
Fair enough I suppose, at least I can see your point more clearly now so thanks! I do think "modded if impossible in base game" is a very decent rule of thumb in a way. LC and SAiVC are map mods that were originally made by Rockstar, just ported to the VC engine - with some minor modifications to make ends meet. As such I think of them as "community-accepted modding", something that we have come to agree meets some arbitrary standards on what can still be considered base game. This applies to collision fixes but also other mods that do change the game but can reasonably be considered to be in the spirit of what Rockstar intended so to say. I guess that is most important here: it's obvious these roofs, ledges, etc. should be the way they are in the video.

The notion that sharing is necessary is there to ensure that we all have (or can have) the same base game or accepted variant. Basically I can only properly appreciate a stunt when it's something that in principle everybody could land, meaning it's a matter of skill, persistence, etc.

I also suppose accepted variant is a matter of debate and always will be, but if it's "in the spirit of Rockstar's intentions" that's fine by me. Ultimately the whole discussion is rather pointless anyway, stunting is for fun. If you think it's fun to switch off the gravity and fly across the map that's fine, but it doesn't appeal to me!

Sorry Skuller for derailing the fucking shit out of your thread! :)

Offline Skuller

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2020, 05:50:39 AM »
Guys lets just forget about it. If people are not okay with this the vid will be moved to other section.. no big deal.

grind is old by me
Aw shit, you released that on my inactive period so I guess I missed it. Others you mentioned should be new thought.

Thanks all for the positive feedback!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 06:26:32 AM by Skuller »

Offline Bixel

• Veteran Member
  • DSS Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2020, 08:25:12 AM »
Skuller is like a one man crew, landing so much good stuff ! Good job mate!

Offline Erney

• Veteran Member
  • Aero Reapers
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2020, 08:42:26 AM »
Good to see that you still finding new ways to land old buildings. Good variently all around too!

Neat solo.

Offline Diaz

• Veteran Member
  • WH
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2020, 01:46:29 PM »
Great video overall, too much csm stunts for my taste but the rest compensated well. And that green building landing in VC was hella tight, the short runup made it the most interesting stunt in the video to me! Editing was good as well, kinda reminded me of old times, good job Oliver, you are producing some enjoyable videos nowadays.  :P

Offline Herb

• Nothingness
  • Veteran Member
  • I'm not living in Heaven, I'm living in Hell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2020, 05:07:02 PM »
Nicely done man. Bit too many cam's for me but I get that that's what you enjoy. Car stuff was rad

Offline Skuller

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2020, 06:09:44 PM »
Nicely done man. Bit too many cam's for me but I get that that's what you enjoy. Car stuff was rad
I enjoy both stuck methods & natural stunting which is kind of strange.. but oh well everyone has oddities :P Oh and thanks! :mellow:

Offline burn

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2020, 03:40:09 AM »
That was a good watch ! that VC CSM to the green roof is my favourite, smart and short run up there ! Always a pleasure to see new content in 2020 !

Concerning LC/SAiVC map modifications, I do agree with people saying fixed collision maps should be shared for being fair toward the community. Nevermind, you didn't add some objects but only add collisions where it was supposed to be.

Keep it up Skuller !

Offline mqtH

• Aero Reapers
  • I liek teh grindz
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2020, 06:50:20 AM »
Not a fan of recieving a pm to ask me to watch a video but I still enjoyed it man good job, I liked the edit too, the cc was very cool :ajaja:

Offline Skuller

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2020, 07:57:27 AM »
Not a fan of recieving a pm to ask me to watch a video but I still enjoyed it man good job, I liked the edit too, the cc was very cool :ajaja:
That was my only way to spread it around so more people can watch. I wanted to bring some attention and activity cuz you know forum's pretty dead so I think I did right. :) Glad you enjoyed it!

Offline Sheep

• Nice Guy
  • Scapegoat
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2020, 04:07:50 AM »
Good video. Not sure to agree with that its your best work yet, mainly because so many stuck methods were used.
Even that I liked the 2nd stunt, psm grind, skimmerbump and taxi stunts. Editing was really clean and enjoyable to watch.

Let's see what you come up with next. You told me you still have some unreleased stuff :)

Offline Skuller

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2020, 06:23:30 AM »
Not sure to agree with that its your best work yet,
Not best but one of the best haha :cc_detective:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal