Author Topic: Why Vehicle Statistics Can't Be Trusted (Broughy1322)  (Read 2247 times)

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Why Vehicle Statistics Can't Be Trusted (Broughy1322)
« on: January 05, 2015, 12:11:43 PM »
I think most of the top stunters already know about this, but this is an awesome video, and it's relevant to every stunter out there trying to directly compare vehicles against each other. This will all become much easier to test on PC, but it's also worth knowing about right now, with relation to last gen and current gen consoles.

The Truth About Vehicle Stats - GTA Fact-Finding #4

To add a little to his commentary, not even Southern San Andreas Super Autos has fully accurate vehicles statistics. Last gen is completely wrong, because it doesn't read the statistics directly from the handling.meta file, and some of the vehicles from next gen still use the bogus statistics from last gen, instead of directly reading from the handling files. Social club's vehicles section cannot be trusted whatsoever (most of the statistics are completely incorrect), but Los Santos Customs and GTA Online racing is usually very closely accurate to the real data from the handling files (not always).

The most important thing to do is test all of the vehicles for yourself, rather than trusting Rockstar's data comparisons.

Offline KillaMarci

• <3
  • Veteran Member
  • Don't you remember the monsters?
    • View Profile
Re: Why Vehicle Statistics Can't Be Trusted (Broughy1322)
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 01:29:09 PM »
Oh no! This weird handling thing is gonna prevent us from precision landing signs!

(cat)

But no really it makes sense for the game to have more than a couple of values. Every game I've played so far had various things for ground resistance on hard terrain/soft terrain etc. You need all these to give all the cars their unique handling otherwise it would be boring.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 01:52:04 PM by KillaMarci »

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 03:13:03 PM »
But no really it makes sense for the game to have more than a couple of values. Every game I've played so far had various things for ground resistance on hard terrain/soft terrain etc. You need all these to give all the cars their unique handling otherwise it would be boring.

That's exactly right, but I just wish the way Rockstar represented the "handling.meta" file was actually correct (as well as the hard-coded physics) :P. That's the crux of this video. Additionally, we would be much better off with numbers than ambiguous bars in LSC/Racing.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 03:16:06 PM by VaNilla »

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2015, 10:09:15 AM »
Sorry to double post and bump, but every stunter needs to see this video (and the previous).

Top Speed Exposed! - GTA Fact-Finding #5

Extremely important to understand this information, if you haven't researched this already.

Offline mo-seph

• I liek teh stuntz
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2015, 03:48:59 PM »
In general broughy is worth following (im part of a pretty big race crew in gtav n his videos keep us on the pulse of vehicle ctestin afrer dlcs)

Hes not always 100% accurate but damn close enough and hes probably one of the most rigourous testers out there

Offline SlayerUK

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2015, 04:09:38 PM »
I agree, been subscribed for a while now.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal