Author Topic: Ask WH  (Read 1312515 times)

Offline Vasque

• Illex
  • Meh Deserve to be RAT-TARDED
    • View Profile
Re: Ask WH
« Reply #10800 on: November 12, 2014, 04:04:56 AM »

Tried a couple months ago. If I can't join, nobody will  :angry:
You got a point here ^^

WH died in 2011 anyway

awts

Offline waNEr

• ok
    • View Profile
« Reply #10801 on: November 12, 2014, 06:26:10 AM »

You got a point here ^^

WH died in 2011 anyway

Why you say that?

Offline NEM

• Board Mods
  • wasteland heroes
    • View Profile
« Reply #10802 on: November 12, 2014, 07:51:28 AM »
Since we're working on the last crew videos, I don't see a point accepting anyone else.

Nem, oh Nem I really like your style like those wheelies to grind :) I know you have a more haters because of that style (I respect that) for me, I don't know if this a right comment, okay... Wasteland Heroes is a good crew, Nem did you just quit in DSS without reason just to join WH because you want to be in a good video? even you are not good, and will be the people say "I love WH" and then you are thinking now that you are the best? (just  :cc_detective:)

For the love of jesus, how is that connected to anything I've said really? Well alrighty, since it's sort of a question..

I didn't join WH because I wanted to be in good videos, I would've been still in DSS if Sava hadn't left. I even tried to get him back, but without him I felt kinda empty. Plus MikeyMouse became inactive and those two people were my biggest mates from that crew, otherwise I had a really good time in DSS.

I joined WH, because there's a lot of my friends I keep in touch and chat with them almost everyday. It's always a good feeling when you get done a video with your mates, no matter under what crew it is. I don't think I'm good or whatever, probably many people would tell you that I'm not. But I just do what I enjoy doing and that's pretty much what everyone should do, isn't it?

Offline TrYp

• Veteran Member
  • X
    • View Profile
    • http://sampforum.hu
« Reply #10803 on: November 12, 2014, 08:36:21 AM »

You got a point here ^^

WH died in 2011 anyway

I can't agree with that, at least the aspect from the produced videos(and without knowing what was happening inside the crew, because obviously i wasn't a member back then)
In my opinion without doubt Onslaught and Megaton are the best WH SA crew videos, but Arcane, Dystortion and even the Ubiquity part had something great and memorable in it at it's own style. And I'm not talking about the editing and what it brought to the video, I'm talking about the level of the stunts and the style of the video together.
VC on the other hand, the 2008 vidoes were the best in my opinion, plus maybe Devour, those are simply historic videos(huh that was so difficult to say, I still remember the release of Gazuntei which made me start VC stunting), however the videos released after contained a lot of better and sick spots, including a few that were well-known, but probably no one ever expected to be landed type of spots( one of best example is Luky's natural bump in Ubiquity)

Offline Reynard The Fox

• Reynolds
    • View Profile
« Reply #10804 on: November 12, 2014, 10:01:52 AM »
Since we're working on the last crew videos, I don't see a point accepting anyone else.

Nem, oh Nem I really like your style like those wheelies to grind :) I know you have a more haters because of that style (I respect that) for me, I don't know if this a right comment, okay... Wasteland Heroes is a good crew, Nem did you just quit in DSS without reason just to join WH because you want to be in a good video? even you are not good, and will be the people say "I love WH" and then you are thinking now that you are the best? (just  :cc_detective:)

For the love of jesus, how is that connected to anything I've said really? Well alrighty, since it's sort of a question..

I didn't join WH because I wanted to be in good videos, I would've been still in DSS if Sava hadn't left. I even tried to get him back, but without him I felt kinda empty. Plus MikeyMouse became inactive and those two people were my biggest mates from that crew, otherwise I had a really good time in DSS.

I joined WH, because there's a lot of my friends I keep in touch and chat with them almost everyday. It's always a good feeling when you get done a video with your mates, no matter under what crew it is. I don't think I'm good or whatever, probably many people would tell you that I'm not. But I just do what I enjoy doing and that's pretty much what everyone should do, isn't it?
PRI in peace Savatage :( :( :( :(

Offline NEM

• Board Mods
  • wasteland heroes
    • View Profile
« Reply #10805 on: November 12, 2014, 10:04:38 AM »
yes never forget

Offline Diaz

• Veteran Member
  • WH
    • View Profile
« Reply #10806 on: November 12, 2014, 11:42:35 AM »

You got a point here ^^

WH died in 2011 anyway
Yeah you got a point there MD but I gotta disagree with you Burn. I know that you have been member for ages and surely better know how things have changed during the years, and it's also true that Onslaught and Megaton were the top. But I dare to say that those videos and the 2009 WH can't be topped. And of course after the summit you have to descent, what started in 2010 I guess. Warfare was a transition between the old and "new" generation, and since Arcane it's a completely new WH indeed, but it still manages to keep up the high level of stunts even now. Our last SA video will prove this I believe. Maybe the feeling and the overall atmopshere is what can't be remade.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 11:45:57 AM by Diaz »

Offline burn

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10807 on: November 12, 2014, 01:05:50 PM »
I didn't want to sound harsch by saying that. I'm just too nostalgic about the old line-up I have in mind

Offline dirtybird78

• misSdirecti0n
  • V.I.P. Member
  • Est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #10808 on: November 12, 2014, 02:30:09 PM »
I was just joking around of course  :P

Offline Vasque

• Illex
  • Meh Deserve to be RAT-TARDED
    • View Profile
« Reply #10809 on: November 12, 2014, 05:24:46 PM »

Nice reply! RESPECT  :wub: I still love you okay? I love your style

Offline Daffy

• V.I.P. Member
  • WH & NU Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10810 on: November 13, 2014, 05:14:53 AM »
Honestly a crew is as dead or alive as you want it to be, if you're motivated to stunt and have a good time doing it nothing can stop you from creating what you have set out to make and if you have more people like that gathered you basically have a crew.
A crew is just a collective representation of the people in it, it's not an entity of it's own... if you think the crew is dead then that's really just a reflection of your own motivation to stunt whether it's because of internal feelings or crew-business and if you don't have that desire you problably shouldn't stunt if you're doing it just because some sort of feeling of obligation towards the other people in the crew and the memories you have shared with them.
As far as I'm concerned I only do things I personally enjoy, you can't get me to go a family members funeral or an awesome party if I don't feel like doing it regardless of what people expect... do the things would make you happy if no one were there to watch.

Offline Reynard The Fox

• Reynolds
    • View Profile
« Reply #10811 on: November 13, 2014, 05:31:32 AM »
As far as I'm concerned I only do things I personally enjoy, you can't get me to go a family members funeral or an awesome party if I don't feel like doing it regardless of what people expect... do the things would make you happy if no one were there to watch.
That's quite a childish and hedonistic view of things. Do the things that would make you happy if no one were there to watch? What is that supposed to mean? Jacking off all day in your room? Not going to a family members funeral is a very different thing as not participating in a crew anymore because of some kind of sentiment.
Not going to someone's funeral can potentially hurt others because they get the feeling you are jeopardizing the position of the deceased as a respected human being. You don't go to funerals for yourself but for the other people that loved and respected that person. I get you don't enjoy funerals but there is more than immediate gratification for every action that you do.
By your philosophy cheating is also okay.

Offline Daffy

• V.I.P. Member
  • WH & NU Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10812 on: November 13, 2014, 05:59:38 AM »
Jacking off all day is going to hijack your built in reward/pleasure-mechanisms and make you numb to it, there's no long-term happiness to be gained from that. I don't go to funerals for distant family members I have no emotional connection to just to appease the people that does.
You're mistaking my lack willingness to be pressured into a situation I don't want to be in with having no moral compass.
If you were my friend and you died I'd go to your funeral, but if you're some distant cousin I see once every 4 years I won't shed a fucking tear or feel bad for a second about not going. If you genuinely go to funerals for the other people who are mourning that basically marries you morally to go to every single fucking funeral there is, unless you do like I do... go to the ones YOU care about.
To me I think it comes of a strange to show up to a place where people are legitimately mourning a person and pretend similarly affected though that's not the case, faking grief is something I won't do and doing so would be way more offensive to the people there than not going as far as I'm concerned.

Regardless, how are you to tell me how I should feel about complex shit like this? You handle it your way, I'll handle it mine. Get of your fucking high horse, you have no more right to judge how I deal with tragedies than I have to judge you.
EDIT: And please don't hi-jack the topic, I mentioned it as a for-instance to give an example. It's the "Ask WH"-topic, not the "lets-talk-about-funerals"-topic... although if you read the last few pages what's the difference really..
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 08:10:48 AM by Daffy »

Offline grescha

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10813 on: November 13, 2014, 08:20:56 AM »
I think a crew is alive as long as it brings joy to it's members and/or viewers. Dead/alive is also a too binary stamp since imo everything goes in a spectrum somewhere between those extremes.

If WH doesn't release anything in 2015 but the majority of it's members still spend countless hours having a blast in samp, is the crew really dead then?

Offline burn

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10814 on: November 13, 2014, 08:36:01 AM »

If WH doesn't release anything in 2015 but the majority of it's members still spend countless hours having a blast in samp, is the crew really dead then?

Since we are speaking about samp, the server works again :

109.230.233.114:7777

If someone wants to play just let it me know on skype  ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal