Author Topic: *UPDATED* Attention all PKS Forum Members  (Read 2315 times)

Offline Daffy

• V.I.P. Member
  • WH & NU Founder
    • View Profile
*UPDATED* Attention all PKS Forum Members
« on: April 16, 2013, 02:22:36 AM »
It has come to the staff's attention that one or more members here also has a copy of the PKS forums and therein the whole user database with password and account information.
Some of the accounts here has the same password as there and this (now banned) member has been using this login information along with proxies here to peek into hidden sections such as our networked crews.
We request that everyone who also has an account on the PKS forums change their passwords here and there to something that doesn't match both accounts so this exploitation can be put to a stop.

This thread is locked, go here for questions & updates.
http://www.gtastunting.net/index.php?topic=63388.msg1263957#new

Edit by AJ: To clarify, this is NOT an exploit on our side. A number of members of our community also have accounts at PKS forums with the same passwords. If you have never joined the PKS forums, you have nothing to worry about. If you did, please change your password as soon as possible both here at GTAS and any other place you may have used that password. That said, in the interest of safety, over the next few days I'll be forcing a password change on all accounts here at GTAS.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 06:28:51 AM by Daffy »

Offline Daffy

• V.I.P. Member
  • WH & NU Founder
    • View Profile
Re: Attention all PKS Forum Members
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 06:28:32 AM »
According to the new information I have gotten it seems that Art's exploit were not as serious as we feared it once was, he was only able to extract the login information of a few accounts that were not connected to any crew's private section.
However I still recommend that you change your password so it's not the same as it is at the PKS forums if you have an account there.
Art is banned for 2-3 more weeks, not for the severity of his crimes which were basically being told/sent things but for what he was trying to do, that said he did not leak anyone spots/stunts nor any inside information from any networked crew through exploits.
Let's all use this as a reminder to make sure we don't toss around sensitive information and access about ourselves and our business to other people who don't know if we can trust or not, as will I.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal