Author Topic: balsam - Stubborn  (Read 3316 times)

Offline balsam

• Focus on today
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
balsam - Stubborn
« on: June 19, 2023, 03:52:01 PM »
Hey, GTAS. How have you been? Always stay healthy.

I can't believe I'm releasing my first solo in 2023. Actually, there was one before but it was a mini solo with only 4 stunts. Watching stunt videos has always been a good hobby and I started stunting again after Dying Light 2 when there were no games to play. The title refers to my insistence on my stunting style. So, of course, almost all stunts are infy grinds. I'm informing you in advance.

I would like to express my deep gratitude to Disciplo for editing. I only asked for simple editing for quick completion, but you did more for me. Even in a short time. Thanks again for the great editing and all the progress sharing. Every moment with you was a joy.

Also, I would like to thank Daksad, VaNilla, MtS, Legend, Biel, FIGHTER, Turtle boy, Rainbow, Plani, Simon and Tracker for their help until the release of the solo.

Hope you enjoy.

balsam - Stubborn
« Last Edit: June 19, 2023, 04:23:47 PM by balsam »

Offline Ltab-

• WH Crew
  • escrachado
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
Re: balsam - Stubborn
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2023, 04:15:40 PM »
yooooo! ;D live reacting soon

Offline Srcry

• DUSTED
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2023, 04:36:40 PM »
That was nice to see. Great atmosphere to go along with a relentless amount of infy grinds (among other things). The last song was my favorite. This opens my eyes to the possibilities of car grinds.

Offline MV

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2023, 05:24:34 PM »
You've always utilized the infernus in a unique way and I'm glad to see it persist to this day. Glad to see disciplo still editing as well, with his typical style of good angles & clean editing. Overall, a fun video with clean combos

Glad to see 2:10 landed - shame you fell off of 2:35, some executions could've been better

Pardon my tiredness :lol:

https://youtu.be/Njgmt-AC2VM

Offline Insan

• freeworld
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2023, 06:05:00 PM »
We don't know what your whims were for the edition, but disciplo,  bro this was perfect.
Applause for balsam who remains faithful to his style as  already mentioned.
This is difficult for me to understand since I am someone who really enjoys diversity.
Regarding editing, I really like it, its reverse effects, its a tool that can ruin it too much, but clearly we're talking about an experienced editor, great job.
The music is very good. I think there is nothing to criticize. The breaking of samples is very good with some good "urban" sounds, are awesome . Everything goes very well hand in hand with the madness and ideas that Balsam had.
the double grinds are very good some look better than others , but that one in garver bridge is very good i think someone did it with nrg but you broke that barrier in creativity , something respectable .
BUT the finisher clearly wins with the medal!
good jobb guyys :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline SyperDimon

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2023, 08:54:57 PM »
Nice!

Offline Turtle Boy

• Shell Shocked.
  • Admin
  • not afraid of dying, pieces of me die all the time
    • View Profile
    • Skyler Mead
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2023, 01:51:48 AM »
0:52
2:25
2:34 smooooth
2:45
2:50
and the finisher

were SUPER CLEAN

Really good work there, enjoyed the whole vibe of the video, reminded me of the credits of some old skate vids.

;D ;D

Back to my cave.  :cc_detective:

Offline SkilZ

• DSS Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/SkilZGtaS?feature=mhw5
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2023, 02:06:20 AM »
It's nice to see you back ! :D

Great solo with a lots of ideas

2:08, 2:18, 2:36, the rhino grind was just perfect and of course the finisher

It's cool to see Disciplo edit, he did a really good work

Good job to you guys 

Offline Demo00n

• ``````````````````````````````````````````````````
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2023, 04:04:12 AM »
Hey, GTAS. How have you been? Always stay healthy.

I can't believe I'm releasing my first solo in 2023. Actually, there was one before but it was a mini solo with only 4 stunts. Watching stunt videos has always been a good hobby and I started stunting again after Dying Light 2 when there were no games to play. The title refers to my insistence on my stunting style. So, of course, almost all stunts are infy grinds. I'm informing you in advance.

I would like to express my deep gratitude to Disciplo for editing. I only asked for simple editing for quick completion, but you did more for me. Even in a short time. Thanks again for the great editing and all the progress sharing. Every moment with you was a joy.

Also, I would like to thank Daksad, VaNilla, MtS, Legend, Biel, FIGHTER, Turtle boy, Rainbow, Plani, Simon and Tracker for their help until the release of the solo.

Hope you enjoy.

balsam - Stubborn

took you long enough man hahah
GG

Offline Plani

• --
  • Veteran Member
  • Since 2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2023, 05:33:25 AM »
Hey mate! I'm so glad you've managed to release this one. I loved everything about it, from the stunts to the editing. You've proven that you are one of the most creative stunters with the Infernus and you definitely took car grinds to another level throughout your carrer and in this video. I really liked all the double-grind crazyness, those were my fav. So stylish! The monster leap too prec was sick too. I'm sorry i didn't managed to gather enough stunts for our duo but i doubt i would've managed to catch up with your awesomeness too :) Good job Balsie :a-cheer:
« Last Edit: June 20, 2023, 05:38:10 AM by Plani »

Offline MtS

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2023, 06:38:14 AM »
theres my fav car grinder

this was so fresh, a 4 wheel video with a lots of well executed grinds and wallrides (im a sucker for those)

dope video my man!!!

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2023, 08:20:42 AM »
Dope video! It was great to see some of your progress in the months leading to release, but I'm glad you were sneaky and kept some of your best stunts a surprise :ninja:. Disciplo nailed the editing too, simple and clean with some cool tricks and memorable soul.

Offline FIGHTER

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2023, 09:19:43 AM »
Turned out great! stunts were smooth, really liked the monstrtruck, long grind next to the arena and the finisher =D

Offline legendz

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2023, 10:43:17 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qH8kol5GKHE

(First live reaction don't judge, I know it's a bit cringy)

Good vid! Thanks Balsam for the sexy grinds and Disciplo for the very fast and clean editing!!! :wub:
« Last Edit: March 12, 2024, 07:16:32 AM by legendz »

Offline disciplo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2023, 01:38:35 PM »
I know how excited you were to finally be able to release your first solo, and I'm really glad I could help it come to life.
When editing it, I was always surprised when viewing the next rep and could never guess what was going to come next (the reps being named in Korean didn't help  :ninja: :P).  You really do have a unique approach to stunting, and the fact that you're doing it in plain 2023 is even more impressive.
My favorite stunts were the SF highway wallride to grind, the tree bump to double grind in SF, and obviously the finisher. Even the ones that didn't make the cut were pretty stylish, and hopefully we can all see them in a new video soon  :a-cheer:

Editing-wise, looking back at it now that it's released, there are a few things I'd change or do differently. I edited this way faster than I normally would, so there are a couple of things I overlooked, but overall I'm pleased with it, and it's always nice to still be able to contribute something to this community.
Much love to everyone complimenting the editing too, it really doesn't go unappreciated. Thank you!  :wub:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal