Author Topic: The AllBeast Method.  (Read 16838 times)

Offline Jason

• V.I.P. Member
  • Grains in the hourglass.
    • View Profile
The AllBeast Method.
« on: February 17, 2022, 04:24:49 PM »
Link removed.

Posted with permission from AllBeast.

Video removed as requested by AllBeast.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2022, 08:50:54 PM by Jason »

Offline AllBeast

• pro stunter
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: The AllBeast Method.
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2022, 04:25:04 PM »
the video looks like deepfake

Offline Srcry

• DUSTED
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2022, 04:38:55 PM »
lol epic. watching.

Not bad, cool to see. This doesn't even come close to "ruining stunting" for me. Seems impressive in its own way.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 04:45:24 PM by Srcry »

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2022, 04:43:07 PM »
To save you guys 20 minutes, he's using save states on a virtual machine. It's basically TAS.

Offline Kingjad

• Veteran Member
  • Fat Bastard
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2022, 04:52:40 PM »
I honestly cannot believe, Beast, that you thought that this is legitimate.

Is it a very laborious and tedious process? Absolutely.

Is it still difficult to get a good end product? Of course.

Is it legitmate stunting? In my opinion, absolutely not.

We have, and have always, valued the worth of a stunt as one seperate, whole event. From start to finish, the stunt has been done in one go. There was no checkpoints in between a bump and a landing, or to save the game every couple of frames to maintain a perfect RAD, or anything else like that. It relied on a stunter's wits to do what they had to do quickly, and effectively.

It baffles me that save states do not break replays and interrupt them. But how anyone can possibly think that stunting with this convoluted method be an acceptable form of what we would call 'unmodded' stunting. It goes completely against the spirit of what makes stunting such a rewarding experience for people, for those who have spent many hours of their silly little lives trying to land a stunt as perfectly as they can just to make a little video on the internet for a handful of folk to enjoy and appreciate - I'm amazed you felt any pride in your videos at all knowing you were stunting with such a method Beast. I certainly would not, in your shoes.

You're a clever boy.

Offline Rainbow

• Coeur de taxi
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/Rainbowstunting
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2022, 04:55:35 PM »
Not bad, cool to see. This doesn't even come close to "ruining stunting" for me. Seems impressive in its own way.
Except that you cannot tell if it was used or not looking at a replay so it kind of does for me. If there was a way to detect it apart from pointing a camera at your screen then that would be awesome. I guess I'll make my Shadowplay save window 1 minute now so that the attempts before that can also be seen. Only other way you can sort of know it's normal.

And no I wouldn't consider this legit, nor fun looking at the video  :unsure: I do applaud you for what you achieved with it though, must've taken a long time and a lot of patience! Just wish you had said it beforehand instead of after two videos which I now did not enjoy but could have. It does mean however that I consider all of the stunts you did 'unlanded' so to say, like the Impossible is Nothing finisher.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 05:11:13 PM by Rainbow »

Offline AllBeast

• pro stunter
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2022, 05:01:16 PM »
I honestly cannot believe, Beast, that you thought that this is legitimate.
and never didn't think like that, and tried make absurd stunts as much as possible to make people think that something not right, i wasn't hiding and was screaming all the way that i'm using my method
and was watching to my work like to piece of art

Offline Srcry

• DUSTED
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2022, 05:11:59 PM »
Except that you cannot tell if it was used or not looking at a replay so it kind of does for me. If there was a way to detect it apart from pointing a camera at your screen then that would be awesome. I guess I'll make my Shadowplay save window 1 minute now so that the attempts before that can also be seen. Only other way you can sort of know it's normal.

And no I wouldn't consider this legit, nor fun looking at the video  :unsure: I do applaud you for what you achieved with it though, just wish you had said it beforehand instead of after two videos. It does mean however that I consider all of the stunts you did 'unlanded' so to say, like the Impossible is Nothing finisher.
Personally I don't even care how illegitimate this method is. It's absurd, and using it in a video without a proper disclaimer is dishonest, but I can appreciate the effort, and be entertained by the discussion it caused. It kind of injected life into stunting, in its own fucked up way.

Offline AllBeast

• pro stunter
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2022, 05:15:38 PM »

And no I wouldn't consider this legit, nor fun looking at the video  :unsure: I do applaud you for what you achieved with it though, just wish you had said it beforehand instead of after two videos. It does mean however that I consider all of the stunts you did 'unlanded' so to say, like the Impossible is Nothing finisher.
Personally I don't even care how illegitimate this method is. It's absurd, and using it in a video without a proper disclaimer is dishonest, but I can appreciate the effort, and be entertained by the discussion it caused. It kind of injected life into stunting, in its own fucked up way.
yes, it was my main goal to breathe a little life into stunting, but my main merit, in my opinion, was to solve many problems, and I solved them on my own without any help

Offline Rainbow

• Coeur de taxi
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/Rainbowstunting
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2022, 05:20:02 PM »

I can agree with the last part in a way, and how it's dishonest to not add a disclaimer also. But that bit is where it will ruin stunting for me. Going forwards it will now be difficult to appreciate hard stunts if there is no live footage and the replay date is after today. The burden of proof for a 'clean' stunt has now been raised in my book.

Offline AllBeast

• pro stunter
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2022, 05:22:39 PM »

I can agree with the last part in a way, and how it's dishonest to not add a disclaimer also. But that bit is where it will ruin stunting for me. Going forwards it will now be difficult to appreciate hard stunts if there is no live footage and the replay date is after today. The burden of proof for a 'clean' stunt has now been raised in my book.
you can change date of any file on computer, i know atleast two ways

Offline Gryzlek

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2022, 06:41:25 PM »
Technically this doesn't change anything, it's not like this is something that wasn't possible until AllBeast showcased it. For all we know somebody could've been doing this years ago

Offline AllBeast

• pro stunter
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2022, 06:43:23 PM »
Technically this doesn't change anything, it's not like this is something that wasn't possible until AllBeast showcased it. For all we know somebody could've been doing this years ago
yep, and my pc from 2007-2008, so for sure i can say it is possible from 2010, because windows xp just doesn't work enough smooth

Offline godson

• Veteran Member
  • zodiac shit!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2022, 08:08:54 PM »
So the stunts aren't being done in one shot starting from the run-up with this method? I don't see a problem with it because its not like it makes any stunt easier to land. Wouldn't be surprised if this was done in the past too.. really interesting method here regardless. I can see why others would consider it modding though.

Offline Herb

• Nothingness
  • Veteran Member
  • I'm not living in Heaven, I'm living in Hell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2022, 08:24:50 PM »
This is ingenious but also lame. I view it in the same light as TAS speed runs, neat and shows what's theoretically possible but needs their own section.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal