Author Topic: ATS - Boost  (Read 14735 times)

Offline Kingjad

• Veteran Member
  • Fat Bastard
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
ATS - Boost
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2005, 09:54:27 AM »
Thanks for all the comments everyone.
In other words - 'bump' ;)

I hear Madmax wouldn't let go of the pizzaboy as soon as all taxi stunts were done, so pain-stricken to be away from it for so long :lol:  

Offline m3rrix

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
ATS - Boost
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2005, 10:04:38 AM »
Great vid guys.  Best taxi vid by far!!!  Close to my favourite ATS too.

OK, I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but here we go...

I think Kan's/Nitz's technique stretches modding farther than some would like it to.  Say if you got in a heli/taxi and parked it perfectly over the ledge of a building.  In order to do the stunt, you would then need to get back down to the street.  In doing so, isn't it likely, all mods aside, that in some cases you would die from the fall.  This is comparable to the set up a boat, jetpack/teleport to dry land stunt isn't it?

Personaly I think the technique is genius.

I believe everyone should just forget their problems with unrealistic stunting (including packers on roofs and packers stuck in bumps), and just accept the stunt for what it is.  The people who perform these, do not try to hide the fact that their stunt is as it is.  It's not as if they are using a handling.cfg or anything like that.  All of these things open up new areas of stunting, and are valid stunts.

Just some thoughts guys, with the aim of a more open and accepting community. :)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2005, 10:11:10 AM by m3rrix »

Offline The Antidote

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://
ATS - Boost
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2005, 10:11:48 AM »
i think its unlikely that you would die from the fall and you could go and get more health. I do agree with the fact people shouldnt get annoyed by packers on roofs etc. it is increasingly hard for people to find new stunts these days.

Offline ZeroX

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
ATS - Boost
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2005, 10:13:11 AM »
I think Kan's/Nitz's technique stretches modding a bit far.  Say if you got in a heli/taxi and parked it perfectly over the ledge of a building.  In order to do the stunt, you would then need to get back down to the street.  In doing so, isn't it likely, all mods aside, that in some cases you would die from the fall.  This is comparable to the set up a boat, jetpack/teleport to dry land stunt isn't it?
Not at all, you can jetpack higher than any building in VC with only 100 health and no armour and you still wouldn't die from the fall.

Just to be safe, I just tested it, I jetpacked to what looked like twice the height of the tallest building in VC and than turned jetpack off, when I hit the ground I only lost 70 health.

Personally I don't like stunts that can't be set up without the use of trainers/mods. I think its far less impressive and doesn't really open up all that many new stunts, but if somebody wants to do a stunt like that, thats their choice, I will just point out that I don't like it when I comment on their video, no biggy.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2005, 10:15:32 AM by ZeroX »

Offline m3rrix

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
ATS - Boost
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2005, 10:14:23 AM »
Cool, sounds good.  Meh, point still stands about my opinion on modding tho. :)

Offline Nitzkit

• View Profile
ATS - Boost
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2005, 01:30:44 PM »
LOL, what do you want me to do? to do it in the PS2 so you can be sure? :lol:

Offline marklund

• View Profile
ATS - Boost
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2005, 01:39:09 PM »
Haha, no way that Tommy dies falling from kilometres in the sky, smashing to the ground. He would just do a roll and stand up like as nothing had happened. :P

Offline Madmax

• Veteran Member
  • Pizzaboy
    • View Profile
ATS - Boost
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2005, 01:43:43 PM »

I hear Madmax wouldn't let go of the pizzaboy as soon as all taxi stunts were done, so pain-stricken to be away from it for so long :lol:
You have no idea and i'm not being sarcastic. It was actually hard to play VC and not use a pizzaboy. It felt awkward. I mean sure sometimes I use other things to stunt but not touching a pizzaboy for like 2-3 weeks. It was really hard.

Offline Nitzkit

• View Profile
ATS - Boost
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2005, 02:01:37 PM »
Haha, no way that Tommy dies falling from kilometres in the sky, smashing to the ground. He would just do a roll and stand up like as nothing had happened. :P
That's right, Tommy ain't no pussy like CJ *OH SNAP!* :lol:  

Offline Brandon

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
ATS - Boost
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2005, 02:13:34 PM »
Lol^

I dont like it, yet its cool somtimes for a packer to be on a roof because ya know it can have cool effects...

Offline Neo Anderson

• ATS precision whore
  • Veteran Member
  • Registered on: April 16, 2004
    • View Profile
ATS - Boost
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2005, 02:19:22 PM »
I think ya gotta consider, a taxi parked on the roof is possible without cheating as is a helicopter but a packer?? Nah I personally don't like when those are done but that's just me. If I can't get a vehicle up on a roof without spawning it there or doin a grav cheat thing than I just don't think it belongs there to use stunt wise. But again, that's just me so don't hate me cause I'm beautiful. :P  

Offline Nitzkit

• View Profile
ATS - Boost
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2005, 03:17:52 PM »
I think ya gotta consider, a taxi parked on the roof is possible without cheating as is a helicopter but a packer?? Nah I personally don't like when those are done but that's just me. If I can't get a vehicle up on a roof without spawning it there or doin a grav cheat thing than I just don't think it belongs there to use stunt wise.
That's the point some people miss Mr.Roof Whore :D  

Offline Jehde

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
ATS - Boost
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2005, 05:10:50 PM »
I think ya gotta consider, a taxi parked on the roof is possible without cheating as is a helicopter but a packer?? Nah I personally don't like when those are done but that's just me. If I can't get a vehicle up on a roof without spawning it there or doin a grav cheat thing than I just don't think it belongs there to use stunt wise. But again, that's just me so don't hate me cause I'm beautiful. :P
EXACTLY my theory, if its possible with a fresh version of VC, then its fine by me

radioaktive

ATS - Boost
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2005, 05:38:34 PM »
zerox's awsome ramp to helicopter
nitzkit's stunt where he hit the helicopter , and hop from building to building
and kaneda's stunt at 1:52
I enjoyed all of the stunts but those where the most awsome! :grin:
This makes me wanna stunt with the taxi!

Offline m3rrix

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
ATS - Boost
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2005, 06:01:38 PM »
I think ya gotta consider, a taxi parked on the roof is possible without cheating as is a helicopter but a packer?? Nah I personally don't like when those are done but that's just me. If I can't get a vehicle up on a roof without spawning it there or doin a grav cheat thing than I just don't think it belongs there to use stunt wise.
That's the point some people miss Mr.Roof Whore :D
We don't miss the point, we see it just like everyone else.  We just don't let it get in the way of us enjoying and appreciating the stunt.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal