Author Topic: Sorcery - Rebate  (Read 3460 times)

Offline Srcry

• DUSTED
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Sorcery - Rebate
« on: June 25, 2021, 03:08:17 AM »
Posting this in the VC Un-Modded Stunting Video Releases because I'm not trying clog up the MO section with Max's epic tank solo still hot off the presses. Also posting it here because it contains absolutely zero modded stunts. Unfortunately the same cannot be said about some of my recent videos, due to a massively stupid oversight by me. The VC I un-rar'd and started using in 2019 had its handling file modified in 2013 (PCJ mass was increased to 800). Why that copy got archived and was the only one I had lying around when I wanted to install VC again is beyond me, same with the fact that I didn't notice I was given super powers when it came to doing RAD's and flying off ramps in particular. The only time I ever messed around with increased mass was just to see the difference it made. Luckily my LC and SAiVC were clean, so only a fraction of the stunts I released are modded, but that doesn't really excuse how stupid it was of me to not notice sooner and ruin some good spots. Without further ado, here's a video containing my favorite stunts from the videos it's very sunny, What Nightmare? Ur Awake, Grindy and Exasperation, minus the PCJ stunts done in VC from 2019 onwards, and with the added bonus of a couple new stunts and alternate executions.

https://youtu.be/gmyYn2VH4sM
https://www.mediafire.com/file/s15bn4sa8keccta/Rebate.mp4/file
« Last Edit: June 25, 2021, 03:31:38 AM by Srcry »

Offline imbaA

• I love rhinos...
    • View Profile
Re: Sorcery - Rebate
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2021, 03:44:29 AM »
Really great job. My brain exploded when i see 0:36.

Offline NEM

• wasteland heroes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2021, 04:44:02 AM »
I dunno if I understood the description, but from what you've said, you've been modding stunts unpurposefully and this is a solo with the stunts you've landed in the past as many of them seem familiar and they're unmodded? Are your MO stunts modded or what does this mean

Offline Ezraph2001

• Live, love, laugh, Limberly Kippington
    • View Profile
    • stan nmixx
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2021, 04:58:43 AM »
Heyyyyy

I'm glad you admitted even if you didn't notice that the VC you had back then was modded. I'm happy that you became honest. I hope you will rise back up as the god of grab2grinds ily :wub:

Offline Sport

• Veteran Member
  • I love fat cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2021, 05:00:09 AM »
3:30 Amazing

Offline Kingjad

• Veteran Member
  • Fat Bastard
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2021, 05:04:03 AM »
So from my understanding of things, in the pursuit of trying to help Nem and others understand: VC PCJ stunts landed from 2019-mid-2021 were done with the PCJ being inadvertantly modded. LC and SAiVC PCJ stunts unaffected, as were VC stunts performed with other vehicles.

I am unclear as to how many stunts this actually affects, but that is the situation as I understand it. What I do know is that Sorcery has since tried to re-land some stuff that he had previously landed in VC with the altered handling file to try redeeming himself for his silly error.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2021, 07:35:51 AM by Kingjad »

Offline NEM

• wasteland heroes
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2021, 05:11:22 AM »
haha thanks for the sum-up Kingjad, I really wonder whose VC you downloaded though?

Offline MV

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2021, 07:13:36 AM »
VC PCJ stunts landed from 2013-mid-2021 were done with the PCJ being inadvertantly modded.
Sorcery specified that it was 2019 onwards; the handling files modification date was 2013

Offline Kingjad

• Veteran Member
  • Fat Bastard
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2021, 07:35:23 AM »
VC PCJ stunts landed from 2013-mid-2021 were done with the PCJ being inadvertantly modded.
Sorcery specified that it was 2019 onwards; the handling files modification date was 2013
You are absolutely correct - and I'll edit my post to reflect this so nobody else gets as confused as I was about it, thanks.

Offline Aries

• V.I.P. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2021, 07:46:02 AM »
Whilst I appreciate your honesty, Joe. I'm afraid I'm going to have to ban you from GTAS for life.

Goodbye

Offline Rainbow

• Coeur de taxi
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/Rainbowstunting
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2021, 02:50:33 PM »
I think there are a few I haven't seen before, but overall an awesome compilation of past stuff  :) And a nice edit as always! Knowing the conversations and ways you released the modded stunts I'm 100% convinced you weren't aware you were modding them. It's a shame it happened but you were man enough to (publically) admit it immediately after finding out. Props for that.

Offline Diaz

• Veteran Member
  • WH
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2021, 02:10:21 AM »
Sorcery, you are a simple man, you see a fence/ledge, you grind it. At least that's what you always make it look like. Amazing collection of stunts, props for always finishing those grinds and making the combos as stylish as they can be. You always do such fast-paced editing by which I mean you usually don't show your stunts from more than one perspective (although some of the stuff would definitely deserve it), your tricks just keep coming and coming. I was wondering how many stunts have you actually landed so far, I bet it's easily above 1000 which sounds ridiculous to think of.
As of the modding part, I admire you for stepping up and officially admitting this. I don't get though how you did not feel the difference between LC and VC PCJs, I would say an experienced stunter like you would feel the modification. I'm not judging you, just wondering. Anyway I don't have bad feelings about this because I'm certain you could reland all your modded stunts clearly with ease. We are not talking about the biggest bigairs ever landed after all  :P

Offline MtS

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2021, 02:12:13 AM »
so many sick grinds.. i can watch your stuff in many different vids and it will still kick  :jajaja:

Offline Lex

• No longer active
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2021, 07:44:41 AM »
those freeway stunts was insanely beautiful

Offline Minq

• Aero Reapers
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2021, 11:19:30 AM »
First of all thank you for your cool uploads on youtube. I love how you breath fresh air intro Vice City everytime you release a new video. I hope we will see more fancy grabs and grinds  :wub:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal