Author Topic: What Kind Of Day Has It Been [Dannye Best-of]  (Read 16673 times)

Offline Dannye

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
What Kind Of Day Has It Been [Dannye Best-of]
« on: December 25, 2012, 01:22:36 AM »
Hi folks!

Been wanting to do this for quite a while now, and have finally got around to doing it.
Picked all my favourite stunts I've done over the years and collected them together into one video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heqlLT5-4Lk

No other links at the moment alas (I've got no idea where's good for uploading anymore), and quality of the stream may not be perfect (my first time uploading to youtube). I've still got the originals, so one or both of these issues may be solved at some point.

(Updated) Download links here:

I had some good fun with Freeplay while recording stunts for this, I even added another feature, so look out for an update to that in a little bit. I was also pondering releasing the source for both the USCM and Freeplay at the same time as this, if anyone's interested, so perhaps stay tuned for that too.

(Updated) VC Freeplay Source Code:

Big thanks to the GTAStunting community & members, and everyone involved in keeping it running.
Also big thanks to everyone in ATS past and present, for being a fantastic source of fun and inspiration since my very beginning - I wont forget that some of you actually reviewed my very first released video 'Vertigo'. Good times!

Cheers,
Dannye

-----
Update #1: New Freeplay is now available. See post for more information.
Update #2: Download link posted (alternate mirrors appreciated)
Update #3: Alternate download link posted (thanks MtS)
Update #4: Source Code for VC Freeplay released!
-----
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 03:26:05 AM by Dannye »

Offline jeff

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: What Kind Of Day Has It Been [Dannye Best-of]
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2012, 01:34:30 AM »
Great video ! Truly enjoyed that clean edit, those freeplay angles were nice but a bit too much for my taste...the stunts are epic!! this realy feels like a legendary stunter video^^
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 08:19:52 AM by jeff »

Offline Srcry

• DUSTED
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2012, 01:35:25 AM »
Those camera angles with the new freeplay feature look so fucking sick!

I loved the style of stunts in this, everything was so good. Thanks for making this, I thoroughly enjoyed watching it.

Offline Dannye

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2012, 01:42:50 AM »
Apologies to those who find the beginning of the video 'lacking'. It would appear I poured everything I had left into the 'Yeah Baby' intro - I tried to do something for this, but nothings left in the tank! And to those who don't like the intros anyway, you're in for a treat! Hehe.

Offline NEM

• wasteland heroes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2012, 01:47:14 AM »
Third :o

Offline FIGHTER

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2012, 02:00:56 AM »
watching

Offline Art  

• Banned
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2012, 02:42:40 AM »

Offline Omma!

• Señor Member
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2012, 02:43:08 AM »
Awesome video man! Truly enjoyed that simple and clean edit, those freeplay angle where seriously great. It was great to rewatch some of those stunt after long time although I don't remember all of them, that finisher was just awesome!

Offline bLADE

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2012, 02:46:57 AM »
Some very nice camera creations, like the tank flying over the park at 4:52. But 3:40 has to be my favorite. Very enjoyable, sometimes the Freeplay felt overused, but that's because of the amount of stunts. Overall a great watch with good looking stunts.

Offline Demon

• Wasteland Heroes
  • conceited guys are ridiculous
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2012, 02:58:28 AM »
really cool video.clean editing means your time. :)

Offline ZeRo_

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2012, 03:19:34 AM »
Amazing video in every aspect. You changed the face of stunting by not only landing impressive and innovative stunts but also inventing the two most useful things for stunting and editing - USCM and Freeplay. Thank you for that, you're the man. :ajaja:

JL

« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2012, 03:49:24 AM »
You have always been one of the most original members in my eyes and this collection of your favorites has cemented that even more. All the stunts looked like pure fun and not like you were trying to impress the people strolling around the place which is something i wished to see more often.
Loved every single stunt in this video - no exaggerations... :) :jajaja:

As for the editing; it's perfect the way it is. Since the video kept being interesting all the way through, why would you need any effects? Heh. The angles were awesome. Never seen anybody use them like that throughout the video and that's another unique quality added to this piece. :happy:

Offline Shingetsu

• The Dark Matter
  • Veteran Member
  • Azurex Studio
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2012, 03:59:53 AM »
No one will forget you . OverGreat video 100/10  ;D . Thank you for all , Dannye  :jajaja:

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2012, 04:21:21 AM »
Absolutely lovely man, you sure have your unique style. The edit was simple but great, wasn't too fond of some of the camera angles, but I must admit that new feature even had me excited, and I don't even edit  :lol: I can't think of a standout stunt, they all just seemed like you knew what you wanted and you got it, and that just makes them oh so much better. This video is you, and it's great.

I'd also like to thank you for making stunting so much easier, if it weren't for you I don't think many people would have kept going for so long. You seem like one hell of a guy and I'm sure you have inspired so many people to keep doing what they love.

Offline Dannye

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2012, 04:27:48 AM »
Thanks for all the kind words guys, it is greatly appreciated.

It was great to rewatch some of those stunt after long time although I don't remember all of them, that finisher was just awesome!
There's a few stunts in there which for one reason or another never found a video to call home and so hadn't seen the light of day until now ;)

Regarding the new Freeplay 'feature', I suppose its more combining two existing features: putting a cinematic camera wherever you want & being able to move a frozen camera => moving the position of a cinematic camera, and the game does all the hard work of aiming it at the player/vehicle for us! Quite simple as it turned out (thankfully!)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal