Author Topic: Region 1 FINAL: Demonfade vs. Xtramus  (Read 4655 times)

Demonfade

Region 1 FINAL: Demonfade vs. Xtramus
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2007, 11:52:33 AM »
I am patient   . I agree with WEREWOLF's idea, much easier and good approach to put some thinking into them.

Offline NoAPOlogies

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2007, 02:16:59 PM »
Two wallrides? Honestly I was expecting some p2bs or something. Both stunts were done well though.

Xtramus: Wallride was short, but its tough to find a long, straight wall to ride in Portland, or the whole of LC for that matter. That was a strange looking grind at the end though, kind of a two wheel-side of car grind. I really can't explain it  

Demonfade: Fairly well executed barrel roll to wallride. The barrel roll wasn't too clean, but it was a nice twist on an ordinary stunt.T he wall ride was nice and long which gave you an advantage in that department. The location is a bit old which hurt your stunt a little bit.

Both stunts were performed quite well, although I was kinda hoping for something more. My vote goes to Demonfade since out of both combo wallrides, his barrel roll was superior to X's grind and his wallride was also a good deal cleaner and longer.

Offline Dannye

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2007, 01:02:36 AM »
Demonfade: Definately a nice idea - the usual spot, with a twist. The wallride itself was decent, kinda short, but understandable given the lack of speed. The landing also was nice. It was a let down for me to not see a perfect barrel roll onto the wallie, but perhaps I expect to much after seeing Kan's brilliance. Even though doing the roll the way you did probably made pulling off the wallride much harder, it did take a bit away from the stunt, but on the other hand it did look kinda cool in a weird way. Perhaps with a bigger runnup better results would have occured, I dunno. But nevertheless, it was a decent stunt for the time limit.

Xtramus: A really cool idea here - we are used to seeing wallies to grinds on bikes, but not with cars. The wallie itself looked pretty difficult (packers into flat surfaced buildings always are), and the one you pulled off was decent considering. You got a good lock, and then some nice height/dist off the wall, onto the grind. Sure it wasnt the perfect grind, but it still looked very cool, and together is a nice looking combo. And a smooth landing too.

My Vote: Two good looking car stunts. I am going to give my vote to Xtramus here. To me it was the better stunt - better use of the packer, a wallie that was more enjoyable than a half barrel roll, and with a nice little grind at the end. Still, I liked DFs idea and it sure would be a great stunt to see nailed perfectly (and was even a good stunt as is). Good luck to both of you in your future matches.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 01:02:59 AM by Dannye »

Offline WEREWOLF

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2007, 03:46:38 AM »
Demonfade:
barrel roll wasn't clean since you touched the ground, that was a big minus. wallride was good tho and you landed on that upper part.

Xtramus:
the idea was great but your wallride was short and i can't really call that a decent grind.

i have to say i'm disappointed, that's not exactly what i wanted to see in region finals. both of you selected very interesting ideas but the execution was far from the best. even tho X's idea was nice, judging on the outcome..

My vote: Demonfade
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 03:47:47 AM by WEREWOLF »

Offline Boo

• Veteran Member
  • I'm back, and I'm gonna stunt :(
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2007, 04:38:39 AM »
Xtramus - Weird stunt dude, wallride was short and the grind wasnt even a grind, you just slided the rail a bit.

DF - Weird idea to use a barrelroll to ground to wallride, wallride was long and u managed to drive on top. Yikes...

My vote: DF, longer wallride, barrelroll... looked much much much better than Xtramus's.

Offline Eddeman

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2007, 02:22:02 PM »
Xtramus: Very short wallride, almost like a walltouch I would say. The grind at the end was pretty neat but not really long enough to make it great.

Demonfade: Pretty sloppy barrelroll to a nice wallride, spot is quite old and overused though.

I'm a bit dissapointed in the stunts, expected a bit more than this. Nontheless, I'm giving my vote to Demonfade, cause his wallride was longer than Xtramus wallride + grind combined, and not so sketchy. Stunts felt about the same in difficulty. Props to Xtramus for trying something different though.

Offline NoAPOlogies

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2007, 03:11:56 PM »
Demonfade wins! BTW: Boo's vote did not count since he was an alternate this week.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal