Author Topic: GTAStunting should be responsive web design  (Read 8099 times)

Offline Conatus

• Brassica oleracea var. botrytis
    • View Profile
GTAStunting should be responsive web design
« on: July 09, 2021, 01:54:02 PM »
Dear GTAS-members, I wanted to tell with you my difficulty to using GTAS website on mobile device, the experience is not pleasant. So I suggest making this site suitable for mobile resolutions.  However, it's not just a simple proposition because I've a mockup to offer and if necessary I can help in the media queries.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2023, 03:15:44 AM by Conatus »

Offline NEM

• wasteland heroes
    • View Profile
Re: GTAStunting should be responsive web design
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2021, 02:17:06 PM »
Straight up awesome, always hoped somebudy would do it one day  :wub: I don’t know if AJ Collins is still running the website or whoever is responsible of running it but I hope this gets real!

Offline .Dakar

• gta vc creator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2021, 02:23:05 PM »
great!

Offline Faiz

• DSS Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2021, 03:40:51 PM »
you're coding master ! :D

Offline Lex

• No longer active
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2021, 04:36:20 PM »
This was also my idea years ago and tried some concept with random menu staff with "Kotlin" but it ends up there. I hope someone would pull up this.

Offline Aries

• V.I.P. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2021, 12:27:19 PM »
Yeah it's all easy enough to do, however I can't seem to get hold of AJ to give me the correct access to do it all.

Doubt that'll happen for a while sorry, nice renders though!

Offline Conatus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2021, 02:02:02 PM »
It's obvious this idea was already raised before. In addition I would like to take this post to outlining a problem about CSS on the forum. When an user is logged the cat_bar (with H3 text: GTAStunting - Info Center) gets centered because of posting_icons and as guest with 2 icons there is no problem. It's obviously not annoying but maybe I'm a bit obsessive :lol:

Before:

After, with grid layout in inspector:

« Last Edit: March 01, 2023, 03:16:47 AM by Conatus »

Offline FELIX

• formerly known as Flava and cloudwalker
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2021, 03:05:28 PM »
Pushing this topic hoping the right person sees it.

Offline DaredevilX

• XTRMNTR
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2022, 10:32:03 AM »
I played with idea in my mind about actually creating GTAS 2.0. (from scratch)

Including cool new features like stunter profiles, video libraries, playlists and favourites, and brand new forums, recommendations, legacy libraries and stunter profiles (preservation of old vids), recommendations, you name it...

Couple of obstacles there: coding => easy, design => harder for me, but far from impossible with some help.
Data on this old forums would be lost, and this website would be legacy... I don't know if AJ or whoever owns the site would surrender the domain either. Or if they have some web dev experience with them or whoever owns the current site and could stand behind it as well and help out.
Content would have to be community managed as well.

However, I don't know if activity on this website merits such a restart, and if this community still has a potential to re-generate itself in such a manner since "stunting" seems to have decentralized itself since the release of GTA V and youtube uprising.

GTA 6 is coming tho, and the only way the endeavor of making GTAS 2.0 would be worth it from my perspective would be to try and push for complete community rejuvenation and trying to centralize again whole internet "stunting" community on GTAS  2.0.

This would be a rallying cry to the whole GTAS community , and I dont know if there is still strength here to do that.

Maybe someone else has will and dedication to do this in a more low key manner, and maybe that's all that's needed for this community at this stage. This is just some my wet dreams, since I'm in web dev for a while now.

EDIT: When I wrote this post, I found out about the GTAS database which Aries created! This something I had in mind, and just the existence of this is so awesome! GTAS 2.0 from my dreams would have a DB like this too, but would also include revamped forums and website and all.
https://www.gtastunting.net/index.php?topic=71417.75
« Last Edit: June 10, 2022, 10:46:38 AM by DaredevilX »

Offline Conatus

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2022, 12:54:54 PM »
I also thought of such a project but it would require the agreement of the current owner of the forum (AJ?), if only for the name and the domain for example. The current forum is on CMS, which can make porting difficult, on the other hand if we can have access to the database, we can reuse the same tables for certain entities but I doubt that this can be done on users since Password hash standards have evolved over time. If such a project were to be realized, I could help with great pleasure for the front-end but concerning the back-end I am rusty since I stopped at PHP 5.3.

The idea of relaunching the community is good but in my opinion it will be necessary to highlight things like GTA Online and all these things which have not had much success with the old people here. Streaming can be interesting too, it can bring a new way of seeing stunts (even if some old stunters do this sometimes) and it can motivate newcomers accustomed to this type of content. For example, it would be fair to highlight it and assign categories to it.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2023, 02:58:36 AM by Conatus »

Offline DaredevilX

• XTRMNTR
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2022, 07:28:03 PM »
I worked on one such project where I did migration of users with passwords hashed in an older algorithm! There is probably some way to determine the hash if we got the db... The trick is to check pass with the older hash on first login for legacy users and then (since user just inputted it raw) convert it to new hash and store at that point :))) This way knowing the pass value is never needed...

I'm mostly backend oriented, so if ( more a wet dream, to be frank ) I ever got to doing something like this, a frontend guy would be exactly the kind of help I would need. Especially if good with latest js frameworks...

I 100% agree with your sentiment that the new gtas should encourage new members and accept new trends.

So, yes... Twitch, YouTube integration etc. I mean... most likely something very close to what you're already imagining I think  :D

Something I would like to add is "stunter profile" pages, like a streamer would have their profile page on Twitch, with video listings, with categories, filters etc. Plenty of other ideas too...

BUT, metaphorically speaking it would be a 2.0 of gtastunting.net because it would be exactly what it once was: a centralized place for all folk to gather around and share the joy of "making stunt videos".

I would love to give this old community a place to put their history up (like currently Aries did with "gtastunting-database" which I'm impressed by) BUT also at the same time for active people from this old community to have a new home there and start enjoying being part of an active forum again with an influx of new members.

Maybe most of these new members would be interested in newer games, but they would certainly have access to all this legacy videos and history and have a platform for new productions in whichever games they feel like doing. With special attention to featuring the best and the latest of course...

Because GTAS is really about the community and SHARING stuff... not really which GTA game is the most popular at the moment. That just determines the member count :D

Edit: there would certainly be problems with pointing to old vids with copyrighted shit, and that's just the first of the numerous potential obstacles  :lol:
« Last Edit: June 11, 2022, 07:46:29 PM by DaredevilX »

Offline Mati

• Dr. Dre
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2022, 12:53:05 PM »
bump

Offline Demo00n

• ``````````````````````````````````````````````````
    • View Profile