Author Topic: TMS - DSU - USS - Delta REMAKE  (Read 7274 times)

Offline Silw

• Board Mods
  • I'm your host
    • View Profile
    • Youtube #Channel
TMS - DSU - USS - Delta REMAKE
« on: May 13, 2021, 09:00:16 AM »

Hey Boys!

Quote from Kingjad:

First of all, a big thank you to Silw for editing this, we were glad it was a USS-er editing just like the original Delta. He done a magnificent job.

So you might have questions, as to why? Well, back in October of last year, three of us - Xtramus, Aries and myself - got nostalgic about the past, and in particular how fun Delta was. I had the idea of the three of us representing our crews and landing all the stunts for them, for a re-made video as a fun throwback. The idea seemed like a fun one, and we were all eager to land the stunts.

I quickly realised one tiny little problem though - I suck! I quickly hit a roadblock I just couldn't get around in one of the TMS stunts (Sweet's damn p2b downtown, I couldn't get close), and I vented my frustrations to other TMS-ers on discord, in particular DeathCobra and ExPlosion. Embarassingly, they BOTH landed the stunt, and for explo it was the first time he'd stunted in damn years, just to show me how bad I was that he could land it, rusty as hell, that quickly.

So I asked Xtramus and Aries if they minded I had a little bit of help getting the TMS stunts landed - they were happy to have other old faces on board, and so DC and Explo helped me land the TMS stunts as well as the Nightkid stunts that EVERYONE was competing for, as he was not affiliated with any of the crews in the original Delta. I had not intended to drag them into a video but they were happy to join in, and even Turtle Dick tried to get involved much to our delight - his laptop does not run the game well at all, though, and despite landing a stunt the replay did lag for him, showing how poor his game runs while playing.

Aries and Xtramus also had a couple of hiccups landing their stuff, although I am impressed especially with how well Xtramus done landing almost all of the USS stunts himself, and so Silw volunteered to try his hand at landing some stunts too for any that we were struggling on. We did keep mainly to our own crew's stunts, but we did try and help land any stunt if others were struggling to. We managed to get every stunt landed, and then we needed an editor. After a couple of hiccups here too, Silw was recommended/volunteered, and the end result as you can see is a wonderful tribute to what was one of the most memorable videos I ever took part in originally. We sincerely hope you enjoy the nostalgia as much as we did.

Enjoy!
[/b]

Offline AllBeast

• pro stunter
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: TMS - DSU - USS - Delta REMAKE
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2021, 09:31:36 AM »
nice video, i liked Kingjad last remaked stunt, was on 95% right remaked, lol

Offline DeathCobra

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2021, 09:55:11 AM »
Lovely editing Silw, very nice job  :a-cheer:

Offline Aries

• V.I.P. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2021, 10:08:45 AM »
Smashing job on the editing as always, Silw  :wub: Thanks for editing this for us and contributing on a stunt or two as well. Really enjoy everything about it, captured the old video feel whilst still feeling fresh, dunno, just rambling but awesome!  ;D ;D

Offline Kingjad

• Veteran Member
  • Fat Bastard
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2021, 11:18:06 AM »
I mean my words are already in Silw's post at start but honestly, this was such a great project to be a part of.

USS have always been one of my favourite crews, and the fact Xtramus is still leading them to this day is astonishing. BJnumbers would be proud of this.

So glad my own crew bailed me out as well to ensure this video happened, massive thank you again to DeathCobra, ExPlosion and especially Turtle Dick with his stunt. It's not a TMS video without Turtle Dick.

DSU logo a bit under-rated, nice seeing it again from out of retirement.

Offline Sport

• Veteran Member
  • I love fat cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2021, 11:39:55 AM »
Nice vid guys! It's weird to watch the same person reland their stunt. it's like you see a stunt done by the same person, but in a parallel universe :lol:.

Offline Herb

• Nothingness
  • Veteran Member
  • I'm not living in Heaven, I'm living in Hell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2021, 12:19:31 PM »
This was hella comfy

Offline Krypton

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2021, 10:06:30 PM »
You guys put in the work for this one!! By work I mean fun cause this looked like a lot of fun to make. Felt weird seeing all these old names in a video, but in a good way :P

The edit was relaxing and flowed well, good job Silw. Was a pleasure to watch guys, thanks for this one. Definitely be coming back to both.

Offline Scavenger

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2021, 12:09:41 AM »
Nice to See you guys again stunting  :a-cheer:

Offline Max_

• relax reflex
    • View Profile
    • Youtube HP
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2021, 08:55:13 PM »
Nice remake boys! great to see your names rolling around these streets :cc_detective:
Editing was good, song was chill
gj all!

Offline Jason

• V.I.P. Member
  • Grains in the hourglass.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2021, 10:11:49 PM »
https://youtu.be/D8Pg4xsY3Ck

Halfway through the video I realised I was a dickhead :)

Offline Kingjad

• Veteran Member
  • Fat Bastard
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2021, 06:44:43 AM »
thanks for the kind words guys, appreciate it.

Offline Bixel

• Veteran Member
  • DSS Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2021, 08:26:31 AM »
I feel like remakes should be using the same music and editing (while i've seen Silw tryed to make it close to original with the tags and the intro) should follow 1:1 but highly modernized. Call me purist if you want, but the original spirit needs to be kept for a remake. Nontheless seems like you pulled a great efford into making this. I'm both hands up for a good old school to modernized remake. Silw thank you for using something new for editing and you're very skilled too it seems!  Whats the next remake ?

Offline Minq

• Aero Reapers
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2021, 08:35:25 AM »
Great remake

Offline Kingjad

• Veteran Member
  • Fat Bastard
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2021, 08:51:06 AM »
I feel like remakes should be using the same music and editing (while i've seen Silw tryed to make it close to original with the tags and the intro) should follow 1:1 but highly modernized. Call me purist if you want, but the original spirit needs to be kept for a remake. Nontheless seems like you pulled a great efford into making this. I'm both hands up for a good old school to modernized remake. Silw thank you for using something new for editing and you're very skilled too it seems!  Whats the next remake ?
I was torn myself on the best approach - to me it feels a bit weird asking an editor to not edit to their own style but adapt to someone else's previous style to copy. This remake still captures the feel the original Delta has IMO, and yet stands out on its own as a unique video due to the way it's edited.

Silw had the opportunity to copy bj's editing style/music/stunt order if they had wished to do so, as they were editor we said it was entirely their choice what they wished to do with it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal