Author Topic: Freeplay  (Read 99059 times)

Offline Rainbow

• Coeur de taxi
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/Rainbowstunting
Re: Freeplay
« Reply #270 on: October 26, 2020, 07:07:18 AM »
someone knows why my game freeze when i used some of keys of freeplay
Did you press keys like Z or X or does the game crash? And what are you pressing that causes it?

Offline Lex

• No longer active
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 26, 2020, 07:26:30 AM »
everything, it crashes and close the game

Offline Rainbow

• Coeur de taxi
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/Rainbowstunting
« Reply #272 on: October 26, 2020, 08:44:28 AM »
Never had that, sorry  :unsure:

Offline Ezraph2001

• Live, love, laugh, Limberly Kippington
    • View Profile
    • stan nmixx
« Reply #273 on: October 27, 2020, 03:36:21 AM »
what OS are you at rn
i remember it crashes when i use it on 1.1 exe, but it doesn't on 1.0, i was using windows 7 that time tho so i never had any problems since, except it doesn't work and i had to restart my OS (i'm using 8.1)

Offline Dannye

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 31, 2020, 06:39:19 PM »
Sorry to hear some people are having trouble getting Freeplay to run. I'll mention the two primary causes of issues below, though both have been already mentioned in this thread so apologies if it is not of any use, but I currently cannot think of anything else I can suggest to help:

It is true that Freeplay will only run on the VCv1.0 version of the game/exe, and thus it will likely crash or not work if trying to run it on VC1.1. It is also likely that the same issues would occur on the Steam version of the game (unless there is a 'downgrade' tool for that, I don't know). The reason for this is that the memory addresses Freeplay hooks into are all slightly different across the different versions of the game exe. I had always meant to look into adding support for the other versions of the game, but that went over my head a bit (though there are tools that attempt to help, such as one called 'vcversion') and more to the point I just never got around to it - and at the time most stunters (I think) were using VC1.0 anyway.

The other important thing is "run as administrator" - when trying Freeplay now, on my Windows10 PC, I cannot get it to work without that flag set. It is also possible setting a "compatibility mode" helps, I have noticed that previously (though when I just tried it again now it worked okay without it, surprisingly).

Offline Lex

• No longer active
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 01, 2020, 12:01:41 AM »
yup!, VC 1.1 is crap, even modloader isn't working or you game with that version! I hate that skyhigh

Offline MtS

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 14, 2020, 10:50:19 PM »
A few weeks ago Max asked me if I could change freeplay to modify the speed of the cameras, so I made a modificated version that includes a trackbar input to control the speed of the free camera mode and the zoom function.

Here's the link, it includes the source code:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0s0xn8p6huo95te/Freeplay%20VC.rar?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/30y2onfuvvuqvo5/Freeplay%20SA.rar?dl=0

It's a very simple add up but a lot of people seem to find it useful, so I hope it helps.

Thanks to Dannye, Max and Sorcery for all the help!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 11:18:29 AM by MtS »

Offline Faiz

• DSS Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 14, 2020, 11:41:41 PM »
A few weeks ago Max asked me if I could change freeplay to modify the speed of the cameras, so I made a modificated version that includes a trackbar input to control the speed of the free camera mode and the zoom function.

Here's the link, it includes the source code:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/w7bxgdavoe0lv95/Freeplay%20VC.rar?dl=0

It's a very simple add up but a lot of people seem to find it useful, so I hope it helps.

Thanks to Dannye, Max and Sorcery for all the help!
Awesome MTS !!!

Offline Minq

• Aero Reapers
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 15, 2020, 12:32:49 AM »
I hope we get something like that for SA as well. Looks fantastic!

Offline Ezraph2001

• Live, love, laugh, Limberly Kippington
    • View Profile
    • stan nmixx
« Reply #279 on: November 15, 2020, 03:01:47 AM »
A few weeks ago Max asked me if I could change freeplay to modify the speed of the cameras, so I made a modificated version that includes a trackbar input to control the speed of the free camera mode and the zoom function. blah blah blah blah here's the link https://www.dropbox.com/s/w7bxgdavoe0lv95/Freeplay%20VC.rar?dl=0

Been rocking with your version, thanks :D

Yes I agree. ♥

Offline MtS

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 15, 2020, 03:42:49 AM »
Yes I agree. ♥

Oh right, I'll do that!

e/ I just realized I only have the source code for the VC version, if anyone can provide the SA version's source code, that would be very helpful.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 03:50:55 AM by MtS »

Offline Lex

• No longer active
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 15, 2020, 05:04:55 AM »
Yes I agree. ♥

Oh right, I'll do that!

e/ I just realized I only have the source code for the VC version, if anyone can provide the SA version's source code, that would be very helpful.

Dannye was very active lately, I think he'll comeback again shortly. You could send him a message

Offline Minq

• Aero Reapers
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 15, 2020, 07:38:43 AM »
Yes I agree. ♥

Oh right, I'll do that!

Dannye was very active lately, I think he'll comeback again shortly. You could send him a message

I hope he still has the source code for it. It would be cool to do stuff without camhack.

Offline Dannye

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 17, 2020, 01:00:06 AM »
I do still have the source code for SA Freeplay. There was a big under-the-hood rewrite of the source code between the VC v3 and v4 releases, and it was only after that (thus v4) where I was finally happy with the code enough to include it in the official release. SA Freeplay never got any such update, so the source code for it is still a mess. If it is urgent I can share it as-is, otherwise I'll try to take a look at it and see how much work it'd be for me to clean it up a bit (making it more consistent with the VC source) first.

Offline Lex

• No longer active
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 17, 2020, 03:09:37 AM »
I do still have the source code for SA Freeplay. There was a big under-the-hood rewrite of the source code between the VC v3 and v4 releases, and it was only after that (thus v4) where I was finally happy with the code enough to include it in the official release. SA Freeplay never got any such update, so the source code for it is still a mess. If it is urgent I can share it as-is, otherwise I'll try to take a look at it and see how much work it'd be for me to clean it up a bit (making it more consistent with the VC source) first.

Could you also share me the source code? I'll try something

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal