Author Topic: How to make editors love you...  (Read 11444 times)

Offline STREEM

• ☯♫
    • View Profile
Re: How to make editors love you...
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2014, 02:38:51 AM »
you edit only taz's videos so how do you know about other peoples replays???????????????????

Offline Reynard The Fox

• Reynolds
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2014, 03:39:30 AM »
It's definitely possible to cut replays. You can do so yourself with an hex-editor if you know how. I will see if I can make a simple tool that cuts out a given set of frames from the beginning of the replay. That is, if I have the time.

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2014, 04:46:12 AM »
There's no need for any useless tool, just do it the way JL says, that's exactly how I've been doing it since I started stunting.
I don't give a shit about that when I'm stunting. When I'm stunting, I'm stunting. I don't want to waste my time waiting for a taxi to land on the ground before I can get out. Or cars for that matter. If I could just open a program and cut the rep that'd save me time and editor time. How is it a useless tool? If I didn't care about wasting time I wouldn't be using dannyes, which is basically a big time saver.

It's definitely possible to cut replays. You can do so yourself with an hex-editor if you know how. I will see if I can make a simple tool that cuts out a given set of frames from the beginning of the replay. That is, if I have the time.
I figured it was possible, and it would be lovely  :jajaja:

Offline NEM

• wasteland heroes
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2014, 05:54:22 AM »
Well there's two versions of Dannyes, I always used the Standard one which doesn't cause those super-long replays ;)

Offline STREEM

• ☯♫
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2014, 06:23:55 AM »
both are the same you moron, the only different thing about them is controller you use, its about getting off vehicle so the replay capture is cut and not playing with gamepad

No, so stop that bullshit already you childish prick.
I see what you did there
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 08:00:55 AM by STREEM »

Offline NEM

• wasteland heroes
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2014, 06:32:30 AM »
Am I offending anyone? No, so stop that bullshit already you childish prick.

I'm just saying that it worked for me, the other version always caused those long replays (at least for me). And every time I used the Standard version, had no probs with it, even on 3 different PCs it worked the same way and none of my replays have more than one attempt - the final one.

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2014, 10:35:26 AM »
Well there's two versions of Dannyes, I always used the Standard one which doesn't cause those super-long replays ;)
That has nothing to do with anything I said :L My replay cuts fine when I load position on foot, but whichever way you look at it, this method will waste time for for someone. Doing it wastes time for stunters, and not doing it wastes time for editors. A replay cutting tool would save time for both sides, which is what I was trying to say.

There's no need for any useless tool
This is what I was responding to. I do not think a replay cutter would be a useless tool.

Offline dirtybird78

• misSdirecti0n
  • V.I.P. Member
  • Est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2014, 02:50:08 PM »
For me, i would love a replay cutting tool. :ajaja:

Like I said, I don't use dannyes main, so I could use this. Any tool is useful, at least to someone.  :cc_detective:

Offline Herb

• Nothingness
  • Veteran Member
  • I'm not living in Heaven, I'm living in Hell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2014, 05:03:23 AM »
Nobody has time to do that shit :neen:

Offline Sheep

• Nice Guy
  • Scapegoat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2014, 05:47:19 AM »
Wayyy too much effort, specially when you stunt with a car and you cant bail out.
with bikes I dont do it either, but I tend to bail out so the replay cuts itself.

Haters be hating.

Offline Rainbow

• Coeur de taxi
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/Rainbowstunting
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2014, 06:30:35 AM »
If you just make a replay of your first attempt you can just press F3 twice in cars and cabbies each 3 attempts or so. This cuts the replay to the point where F3 was pressed.

Offline FloW

• Wasteland Heroes
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2014, 06:48:25 AM »
I don't even know how to load position in a car. I'm surprised people don't cut their replays for dumb reasons "too much effort" wtf?? It's not just for the respect of editor, but if I had to watch some of my stunts and go through 10 bails before the actuall stunt, I'd puke.

Offline Blaze

• USS Crew
    • View Profile
    • Bike Gallery
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2014, 07:06:50 AM »
Try and think of this from both sides of the spectrum; obviously when stunting you're going to want to be focused on landing the stunts and not cutting replays which is understandable and when it comes to sending it out you probably wont be concerned as at the end of the day you've put in the hours/days/etc towards getting the stunt(s).  Parallel to that, editing is also a lengthy process which takes time and the longer the reps are the longer the video will take along with increasing the editors frustration; sitting through nine attempts for the landing is not fun, and even more so when you're trying view the stunt, along with recording it/getting multiple angles etc. I'm not saying go out of your way to cut reps every single try, but even if it was every 5 tries or something it'd make editors lives alot easier.

+1 on the replay cutting tool, it'd be great for stunters and editors alike.

Offline Pendji

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2014, 11:00:57 AM »
Honestly, if you don't have time to record one stunt per minute, you shouldn't bother editing. It's not doing someone a favor to throw it together, it's whoever organized it doing you a favor by letting you having a go at it. If your commitment doesn't go further than sitting through a few bails before recording, I don't see why you'd bother in the first place.

Besides, you're doing a stunt league vid. Normal vids have like what, 20 stunts in them?

Offline JL

• Du kan ikke knulle din onkel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2014, 11:45:37 AM »
Even with a perfectly cut replay, recording a stunt takes way longer than just 1 minute. 1 minute with an uncut replay is only the time it takes to actually look at the stunt. Roughly. To do a stunt justice, there's a lot more involved than just giving everything a one-shot recording.

You're kinda right though. I couldn't be arsed bothering to edit a video with uncut replays if the overall project isn't "worth it". But after all this isn't about convenience for the editor, but for everyone's sake. I'm just recommending. ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal