Author Topic: Performance tool  (Read 2615 times)

Offline вαℓυ

• Lord of The Underground
  • Veteran Member
  • Killerstunter
    • View Profile
    • http://uk.youtube.com/user/Balujan
Performance tool
« on: July 28, 2010, 10:03:43 PM »
Hey guys, a while ago I remember someone mentioning some software here which increases PC performance but I don't remember the name of that software anymore lol. I remember how it works though, you click a button and it closes a bunch of processes and other stuff and after you're done gaming, you click that button to restore the stuff. Any of you guys know the name lol? I need that program. Thanks in advance guys! :euro:

Offline AJ Collins

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • RockstarNexus
Re: Performance tool
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 10:17:34 PM »

Offline Beat

• d(^---^)b
  • Wasteland Heroes
    • View Profile
    • Beat's YouTube page.
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 02:21:35 AM »
So is this really safe?

Offline FIGHTER

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 03:17:11 AM »
instead screwing your pc with useless tools, buy a better pc.

Offline Beat

• d(^---^)b
  • Wasteland Heroes
    • View Profile
    • Beat's YouTube page.
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 04:08:42 AM »

My PC is pretty good infact.

And i just tried this tool it seems to close the useless applications and frees alot of ram, pretty safe but it wont show that huge "boost".

Offline RobinOwnz

• View Profile
    • Mad Stunting - SAMP Server
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2010, 05:57:42 AM »
GameBooster ain't the best. Actually, it doesn't even gave me some shit! The only thing that REALLY worked for me was TuneUp Utilities. You have like a Turbo Mode. If you have it on, it changes:

1. Your priority of your game up, and your priority of something small (as xFire) down.
2. It changes your theme.
3. All the unneeded effects are getting off. As example, shadow around the text etc.
4. It stops processes that are unneccesary.
5. It changes startup of programs, example: firefox.
6. It increases rates, for example: xFire.
7. It turns of synchorizations of mobiles
8. It limits support for cameras and such.
9. The energy saving mode of Windows itself is turned to off.

and much more.. Actually, number 1-6 are the most important.

All of this can be changed. I like this the most. I had like 20 fps difference on a game I played. GameBooster did like 1 fps :/.

Go try it :>

Offline вαℓυ

• Lord of The Underground
  • Veteran Member
  • Killerstunter
    • View Profile
    • http://uk.youtube.com/user/Balujan
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2010, 06:10:56 AM »

---

Thank you AJ! Thank you RobinOwnz, I will try it out. :P

Offline XTO --

• HUEHUEHEU
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2010, 04:19:18 PM »
Seriously don't use that.

If its SA, download San Andreas Performance Tools, its magical.

My FPS jumped from 60 to 100-110 easily ;)

Offline Beat

• d(^---^)b
  • Wasteland Heroes
    • View Profile
    • Beat's YouTube page.
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2010, 04:48:27 PM »

FIGHTER have 2 of dat  :ajaja:

Offline tacojoe

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2010, 05:11:06 PM »
msconfig -> services -> turn off all or some of the non-microsoft services.
msconfig -> startup -> turn some of that shit off
system -> advanced -> performance -> settings -> advanced -> virtual memory -> increase it

c:\windows\temp = delete ALL files here
c:\users\[name]\appdata\local\temp = delete all files/folders here

run disk cleanup, delete all
run a defragment, if u r desperate

dont use any software that boosts performance. it only does the opposite; hogs up ram and uses too many resources. its best to clean up files and disable services that hog ram manually.

if u r using any antivrus software asides from avast or nod32, i suggest u get rid of that shit and install avast or nod32. avast can be obtained free and is quite good. nod32 u have to pay but u can just get a damn job. both avast and nod32 use least resources than any other AV i have used. im personally recommend nod32 the most.

on another note, if ur gonna be disabling any services/startup progs, its quite safe to do so as u can always re-enable them, just make sure u know what ur disabling.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 10:03:55 PM by AJ Collins »

Offline Labiloute

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2010, 05:26:24 PM »
system -> advanced -> performance -> settings -> advanced -> virtual memory -> increase it

dont use any software that boosts performance. it only does the opposite; hogs up ram and uses too many resources. its best to clean up files and disable services that hog ram manually.

if u r using any antivrus software asides from avast or nod32, i suggest u get rid of that shit and install avast or nod32. avast can be obtained free and is quite good. nod32 u have to pay but u can just get a damn job. both avast and nod32 use least resources than any other AV i have used. im personally recommend nod32 the most.
Absolutly right mate, instead of use those shitty tools do wat taco said. Every time i format my c drive, i used to turn off every stupid ms process and every week, i take a look at the startup thingy to watch if any process run in bkg.

It's been now more than one year i use nod32 + glarry utilities pro and my computer run like a charm.

Ok i have a kick ass config but meh
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 10:04:17 PM by AJ Collins »

Offline AJ Collins

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • RockstarNexus
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2010, 10:09:24 PM »
Regarding AV software, Microsoft Security Essentials is hands down the best AV. It's free, small, lightweight and trustworthy from my experience with it so far.

Offline RobinOwnz

• View Profile
    • Mad Stunting - SAMP Server
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2010, 10:37:45 PM »

on another note, if ur gonna be disabling any services/startup progs, its quite safe to do so as u can always re-enable them, just make sure u know what ur disabling.
Mmm.. That one is good aswell :>. But if you done that, you could also just use the performance tools =p.

Offline tacojoe

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2010, 10:52:27 PM »
"microsoft av," i kinda lol'd. personally i never liked m$ security essentials, but if it floats ur boat then w/e. to me, it seemed t hog up more resources than fucking norton antivirus. and when we mention norton antivirus, we are really scrubbing the bottom of the shit barrel.

microsoft hasnt created anything good in ages. only piece of software i'd bother keep from them is visual studios, tho the new version is just as much of a piece of shit as everything else that they have made later than 2006. majority of their software hogs up resources like butt fuck crazy. every program u install from them only adds a few more services that you wont need. take visual studio 2008 as a example.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 10:56:13 PM by tacojoe »

Offline AJ Collins

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • RockstarNexus
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2010, 12:50:02 PM »
"microsoft av," i kinda lol'd. personally i never liked m$ security essentials, but if it floats ur boat then w/e. to me, it seemed t hog up more resources than fucking norton antivirus. and when we mention norton antivirus, we are really scrubbing the bottom of the shit barrel.

microsoft hasnt created anything good in ages. only piece of software i'd bother keep from them is visual studios, tho the new version is just as much of a piece of shit as everything else that they have made later than 2006. majority of their software hogs up resources like butt fuck crazy. every program u install from them only adds a few more services that you wont need. take visual studio 2008 as a example.
Are you sure you're not talking about OneCare? That thing did hog up resources however I've found Security Essentials to use less resources than most AVs. Maybe it's just me.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal