Author Topic: GTA V Basics  (Read 27418 times)

Offline Pendji

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: GTA V Basics
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2015, 03:37:25 AM »
I'm pretty drained at this point. I guess I could add something about grinding but other than that, and editing what's already written, I'm pretty much done.

Also, is it possible to make text work as a link? I only remember how to do it on the old GTAS.

Offline MxZz.

• Veteran Member
  • Nomad Union
    • View Profile
    • MY YT CHANNEL
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2015, 03:38:04 AM »
I actually do WINDOWS KEY + ENTER to have it windowed. I feel it more comfortable

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2015, 06:28:32 AM »
I'm pretty drained at this point. I guess I could add something about grinding but other than that, and editing what's already written, I'm pretty much done.

Also, is it possible to make text work as a link? I only remember how to do it on the old GTAS.

I'll polish up some things for you when I get the chance. I'll send you a PM first so you can approve anything I change :).

Offline dirtybird78

• misSdirecti0n
  • V.I.P. Member
  • Est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2015, 12:59:05 PM »
Just one thing I'm confused on - is there a higher topspeed than the high pitched consistent buzz of the engine that I assume is max speed? Or is it just that?  :blink:

x2.

I am assuming that's the fastest point though

Offline Reynard The Fox

• Reynolds
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2015, 02:09:40 AM »
Great stuff Pendji! However is there a possibility that the staff makes a wiki page for this kind of stuff? Seeing that there are a lot of experts on V stunting right now it would seem better if we have a regulated wiki-page for these kinds of information. I could not find a good SMF wiki md however. http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:SMF_Auth_Integration
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 02:22:42 AM by Reynard The Fox »

Offline Pendji

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2015, 05:08:57 AM »
I've moderated a few wikis (mostly helped translate) and honestly, considering how little interest there is for this, I don't think an entire wiki would work much. Other than linking to other pages for each section to have it's own clean layout, I don't think it'd change much.

Offline Paull

• Veteran Member
  • Lost Paradise Stunters
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2015, 08:15:05 AM »
Finally an good and detailed tutorial for the guys who are totally brand-new at V Stunting scene. It will help so much, including me  :lol:

Good job Pendji, respect.

Offline Diaz

• Veteran Member
  • WH
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2015, 08:44:11 AM »
That was really useful, thanks for the basics and the tips  ;)

Offline OrangeW

• The unholy offspring of herp and derp itself.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2015, 09:37:31 AM »
Just one thing I'm confused on - is there a higher topspeed than the high pitched consistent buzz of the engine that I assume is max speed? Or is it just that?  :blink:

x2.

I am assuming that's the fastest point though

Some testing shows that it isn't the top speed - visually anyways. Clearly stuff goes by faster even after holding the high pitched engine on a wheelie.

Offline jooker

• LLS Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2015, 02:19:20 PM »
Well made stuff buddy. :jajaja:

Offline Ltab-

• WH Crew
  • escrachado
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2015, 09:13:43 AM »
Props for the effort man. ;)

Offline HonkMeat

• Amateur stunter on GTA V
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2015, 01:47:42 AM »
Great tutorial, for beginners.  As others have stated there's a lot more that you can do but if people are new then they need a starting point and this is spot on for that.

There are two things I saw that are wrong.

Firstly, the description of gliding isn't quite right.  The bike has its own force which is pulling you towards the base of the wheels at all times.  This explains why wheelies make you go faster and why you can glide (in all directions) when upside down.

Secondly, you don't need to test a race to save it.  You only need to test it to publish it.  Once saved you can access it from the start menu just like any other race, and can even invite people to join.  Publishing is just so that others can bookmark it and/or start it themselves (and so it can be verified, if you're bothered about that).

Offline Gryzlek

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2015, 01:53:27 AM »
Am i overlooking something or there is no way to rotate the camera with mouse while it follows the player in rockstar editor?

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2015, 07:32:37 AM »
There is no way, you have to key that kind of movement in manually. Have the camera follow the player, and then orbit it around (you can get pretty close to SA/IV style movement).

Offline FELIX

• formerly known as Flava and cloudwalker
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2015, 02:37:23 AM »
Great post, knew everything about it already, but hey, that's because I've been here for ages.

For me, as a guy who is pretty much out of the scene but knows the basics, it would be awesome to get a list of vehicles which are best for several kind of stunts, as in topspeed, acceleration, wheelies, traction, etc.

Sometimes when I am bored in online I just drive around with my bati and do stunts for fun, I enjoy racing with it too. Is the new Ha... (LTS update bike) forgot the name any good? I heard it pulls off wheelies more easily, does that mean it also reaches a higher topspeed? I guess I'll buy it anyway, but an answer would be appreaciated anyway!

Thanks and have a nice day! :-)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal