Author Topic: Main Round 4 - Demonfade vs Boxxx  (Read 5564 times)

Demonfade

Main Round 4 - Demonfade vs Boxxx
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2007, 03:54:27 PM »
I got 10fps I have screenshots if you guys want. Cdarmy needs to stop talking about which he knows nothing about.

Thanks and the spot was intentional just for non-believers, I had a sweet smooth varial flip to it but I got fucked over on the landing. I have also landed on the roof I boost off of in a video.

Offline NoAPOlogies

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2007, 05:00:37 PM »
Time to vote!!

BoxXx: Nice precision landing on the steps of the police station. What the stunt lacked in distance, it had a great landing.

Demonfade: Nice height. I really liked how you used the roof of that building to land on another. That roof is tough to land anything on, especially a rolling taxi. The wallclimb was nice and smooth as well.

My vote goes to Demonfade. I felt that both stunts featured tricky landings, but while boxXx's landing was a bit tougher, Demonfade's wallclimb and bonk off the roof of that building was better. I'm surprised neither of you guys boosted off one of the big condos by the beach.

Offline Dannye

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2007, 05:59:36 PM »
Demonfade: A very impressive taxi wallclimb, I really liked it. The wallie itself looked quite difficult to pull off, yet on the time where you did pull it off, you got a really good looking climb out of it. Instead of opting for massive distance, you got the precision landing element, which looked good to me, the roof you landed on was close by (making it hard not to overshoot it), it was high, and had a relatively surface area to land on. The landing was pretty clean too (the bit right at the end was humerous).

BoxXx: Wow, you certainly chose a tough spot to try and do a taxi stunt. Very small (heightwise and distancewise) building to boost off. The resulting airtime of your boost was nothing special, but considering you only had room for like one actual boost I guess it was okay. Landing, while it wasn't an overly impressive precision landing, it still did look kinda cool (and kinda funny), landing in such an enclosed area (and it was a pretty decent landing too, relatively clean).

My Vote: The best taxi stunt in my eyes, and the one I am going to give my vote to, is Demonfade. I really preferred all aspects of Dfs stunt in comparisson to boxxx's. That isnt to say I didnt like boxxx's stunt, I did, its just Dfs stood out to be more impressive in my eyes: the good climb, the awning bump, the precision landing up high. Well done both of you, good luck to the winner in future matches.

Offline WEREWOLF

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2007, 12:49:02 AM »
Demonfade:
the boost looked quite hard to do and the landing zone was small. very good stunt.

boxXx:
the air you got wasn't huge at all and the landing wasn't impressive even if it was kinda precise.

sorry, but in this match the stunts were in 2 completely different levels

My vote: Demonfade

Offline Mr.Magic

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2007, 12:59:27 AM »
Quote from: Demonfade
I got 10fps I have screenshots if you guys want. Cdarmy needs to stop talking about which he knows nothing about.
Use the VCDist tool to lower the draw distance. I had the same problem with my laptop.

Offline Brulla

• Veteran Member
  • Chris
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2007, 02:17:38 AM »
Demonfade's stunt was pwnage

Offline boxXx

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2007, 02:43:45 AM »
Actually i didn't even tryed to get a good stunt ask barney i did it in 10 min cause i'm a fucker @ taxi stunt good job to demonfade and GL in the next rounds i think i stop even in the Losers round cause i hate taxi stunts and i know there will be another one for me 
GL demonfade you deserve this

Offline NuclearDeath

• TMS Member
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2007, 05:16:45 AM »
Creativ stunter aren't really suported this time  .

Demonfade

« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2007, 10:00:33 AM »
Thanks guys, lol @ dannye's comment on it being humourous... ya these are some of the few roofs in vc with messed up .col files.

I've tried that distance limiter and not really a difference man. My computer blows, you can enjoy the way I stunt or you can not it's your decision but I do not cheat.

I feel no initiative to cheat and about frame limiter you guys arn't the smartest bunch... It does exactly what it says. It limits your fps to 30fps nothing higher, however if you don't even get 30fps it doesn't make a difference... The highest i've ever seen my fps in LC is 23fps everything low and looking at the ground.

I am one of the oldest stunters out there. My guess the next closest on these forums is WEREWOLF.

Once again thanks for letting me be in the SL this is rather fun and much better than the second. After it I will be around on the forums a lot less.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 10:03:50 AM by Demonfade »

Offline NoAPOlogies

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2007, 04:18:49 PM »
@Demonfade: I feel your pain. I run the VCDist tool at .25 - .30 to get a frame rate in the 20s which I need to stunt with taxis.

Offline Mr.Magic

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2007, 12:12:01 AM »
Quote from: NoAPOlogies
@Demonfade: I feel your pain. I run the VCDist tool at .25 - .30 to get a frame rate in the 20s which I need to stunt with taxis.
Myeah, I had to go with 5.   FL off raised my fps, but it made the physics fuck up too. The same way that it does when I have 50-60 fps on this computer.

Offline boxXx

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2007, 04:18:21 AM »
GJ again DF

Offline NoAPOlogies

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2007, 08:54:50 AM »