Author Topic: Booting problem  (Read 1082 times)

Offline Lyserg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Booting problem
« on: June 06, 2010, 06:01:22 AM »
Yeah.. I have once again another problem with my computer..
So, I bought a new mobo (Asus P7P55-E PRO) and a new CPU (Intel i5 750). After this I wanted to reformat my comp with Seven (which was already installed before). But it doesn't work.. I can't install any of my OS on any of my HDDs. In fact it says something like "Setup was unable to create a system partition or locate an existing partition." Also, when I try to boot on some other hard drive where I have Vista or Xp installed, it still doesn't work.

I seriously don't know what to do and I do need my computer for Tuesday :s
I hope someone will be able to help me, thanks in advance ;)

Offline KillaMarci

• <3
  • Veteran Member
  • Don't you remember the monsters?
    • View Profile
Re: Booting problem
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 06:46:02 AM »
Yeah.. I have once again another problem with my computer..
So, I bought a new mobo (Asus P7P55-E PRO) and a new CPU (Intel i5 750). After this I wanted to reformat my comp with Seven (which was already installed before). But it doesn't work.. I can't install any of my OS on any of my HDDs. In fact it says something like "Setup was unable to create a system partition or locate an existing partition."

What kind of HDDs do you use? SATA or still IDE?
For some Harddrives you may have to install additional drivers during the Windows installationprocess so they get recognized correctly.

It's also normal that you can't boot from a OS that was on your HDD before you got a new mobo and cpu. It's (most likely) a new chipset, which means you gotta reinstall.

Offline Lyserg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 06:53:29 AM »
I have a VelociRaptor.. in SATA. Though I have some old Samsung which is still in IDE
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 06:56:00 AM by Lyserg »

Offline Lyserg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 09:33:22 AM »
Sorry for the double post... but I think I need SATA drivers for Seven Home 64 bit, but I'm not sure where I can find them, any tips? thanks!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal