Author Topic: What was the last movie you've watched?  (Read 213268 times)

Offline MeetMyMeat

• Veteran Member
  • Enough video games guys
    • View Profile
Re: What was the last movie you've watched?
« Reply #660 on: March 26, 2011, 03:26:23 PM »

Offline 灰野 敬二

• 加爾基 精液 栗ノ花
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: March 27, 2011, 12:03:42 AM »
On the other hand, you, Baseline, have an amazing movie taste. I must say that most of those movies you have posted were either extremely good, or just different, which in most cases is also good. Have you seen "Biutiful" ?

Well thank you, I usually split my time for watching thoughtful, great movies that have the power to change my life and blockbusters, less artistic movies as well, for less thinking and more entertainment. The thing is that most of the people here don't see the difference between them, for example they place Inception in the same league with Black Swan, which makes me cringe.
Haven't watched Biutiful yet, but I love Javier Bardem so I wouldn't miss it for the world. :)

Offline kaneda

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #662 on: March 27, 2011, 12:54:32 AM »
Skyline...yey!

Where's that last 100 minutes of my life?

I should have known better though. The makers of AVP Requiem were responsible, after all. Sheesh.

Offline kaneda

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: March 27, 2011, 01:03:09 AM »
They made it look more intelligent than it actually is. It's really not that hard to follow, and it's not anywhere near as complicated as people like to exaggerate.

What you're not seeing is how that's the beauty of that movie. It could have been way too hard to follow, but Nolan's writing is so spot on that there's no 'Huh?' moments. Yeah, it's a movie made for audiences - but isn't that what a movie should be? I enjoy a good movie as much as the next man, but I don't relegate everything that's mainstream as being crap unless that's what it is.

Examples of good mainstream movies: The Dark Knight, Die Hard, The Lion King, Jaws.

That's just a handful. Don't be too hasty to dismiss a mainstream movie as crap just in the hope that it makes you seem more intellectual. Not every movie needs to be 'challenging'.

P.S. Of course it swings the other way too, see my above post. And there are great independent movies also, most of which are made by the Coen brothers  :lol:
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 01:04:42 AM by kaneda »

Offline 灰野 敬二

• 加爾基 精液 栗ノ花
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: March 27, 2011, 01:27:37 AM »
   Inception could've been so much more. It didn't lived up tp my expectations, almost nothing interesting happens, the concept of entering a dream is not new in movies (see Paprika or The Cell) so they should've experimented more with it, the possibilities were endless yet they chose to waste it, at least that is my opinion about it.
   I prefer movies that have an impact on you for weeks, maybe years, like Moon, The Fountain, Gattaca, etc. I think you know the drill.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 02:45:35 AM by Baseline »

Offline kaneda

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: March 27, 2011, 02:03:27 AM »
I tend to agree. I was a little disappointed with the fact that dreams in Inception weren't quite as surreal as actual dreams tend to be. However, when you're attempting to piece together a coherent plot, you need to keep things as simple as possible otherwise you'll just alienate your audience.

Paprika is more like what dreams can sometimes be. Although both that and The Cell seemed way too surreal, so it was difficult to identify with those dream worlds. I suppose you have to strike a fine balance between too much and not enough. But dreams aside, I believe Inception is a masterpiece of screenwriting.

Offline JustCaus3

• aka tuutti
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: March 27, 2011, 02:39:05 AM »
Shutter Island, I suggest everyone to watch it.. it was a cool movie  :ajaja:

Offline kaneda

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: March 27, 2011, 05:10:51 AM »
Did like it, but the ending was coming a mile off.

(Just watched Kick-Ass on Fox - always a fun watch)

Offline matroska

• Kill them sodomizers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: March 27, 2011, 07:22:35 AM »
They made it look more intelligent than it actually is. It's really not that hard to follow, and it's not anywhere near as complicated as people like to exaggerate.

That's just a handful. Don't be too hasty to dismiss a mainstream movie as crap just in the hope that it makes you seem more intellectual. Not every movie needs to be 'challenging'.

P.S. Of course it swings the other way too, see my above post. And there are great independent movies also, most of which are made by the Coen brothers  :lol:

I know movies are mostly made for the audience to have fun, and I never said that every movie need to be challenging. And why do you think challenging movies can't be fun ? I personally have much more fun watching a drama movie than watching a brainless kill-all-aliens-and-make-them-suffer movie. And I didn't say Inception was a bad movie, it was pretty cool, but, as I said, nowhere near the best movie ever.

P.S. Movies made by the Coen brothers are amazing, my personal favorite is "The big Lebowski"

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: March 27, 2011, 07:54:08 AM »
The big Lebowski and Barton Fink are great movies.
Also Paprika is fucking great, loads better than Inception.

Last movie I watched was I think "The boy with the striped pajamas", we watched it in class. Well it wasn't really my kind of movie at all.

Offline CRYOSPHERE

• alias Guardian
  • Veteran Member
  • ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: March 27, 2011, 08:07:26 AM »

Meh... It was okay

Offline Dogger

• Veteran Member
  • Beyond Tommorow 2011
    • View Profile
    • Romanesko Official Website
« Reply #671 on: March 27, 2011, 01:21:48 PM »

It was so brilliant. Worth of every watched second, and the ending is one of the best endings I have ever seen.

Offline MeetMyMeat

• Veteran Member
  • Enough video games guys
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: March 29, 2011, 01:30:46 PM »

Show me something that can top this.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 01:45:26 PM by MeetMyMeat »

Offline 灰野 敬二

• 加爾基 精液 栗ノ花
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: March 30, 2011, 12:17:24 PM »
One of the best trilogies ever. Sympathy for Lady Vengeance is almost as good as Oldboy, the other isn't bad either.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 12:31:34 PM by Baseline »

Offline Reynard The Fox

• Reynolds
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: March 30, 2011, 01:23:01 PM »

That was quite an awesome movies, with many metaphors :ajaja:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal