Author Topic: Rainbow - Dreamtime  (Read 9439 times)

Offline Ltab-

• WH Crew
  • escrachado
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
Re: Rainbow - Dreamtime
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2013, 05:23:31 PM »
Oh fucking hell..
FUCKING AWESOME!!! That's all I can say

Offline Turtle Boy

• Shell Shocked.
  • Admin
  • not afraid of dying, pieces of me die all the time
    • View Profile
    • Skyler Mead
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2013, 05:45:22 PM »
Im sure it comes as no surprise to anyone but I loved this video, the song, the editing, the cam angles. The only thing I thought was odd was the way it finished, it was a subtle finish, to an epic video. That being said, Thi may be the first time Ive ever done this but.

10/10  :wub:

Offline STREEM

• ☯♫
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2013, 05:07:15 AM »
Outstanding effort on the stunts, it's amazing that you had enough patience to land so many boosts lol also loved the dynamic cam angles, really entertaining video, propably solo of the year

Offline Samurai

• ATS Crew
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2013, 06:35:14 AM »
Awesome solo. Always enjoy seeing some taxi action from you. No, fingerbiting 2 wheel landings in this one....just mash n potatoes smooth gravy through it. 

Offline MV

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2013, 08:48:05 AM »
5:45 One day I had been looking for cabbie boost2boost spots and the same week I was looking at those walls. How could I have not seen that  :cheersad:

Great solo as expected. I kinda wish that TurBo did have a duo with you but hey, he's mad busy in life so another one of those has to wait :b Music was absolutely great, so was editing, such a great atmospheric feel to the video. Motivating me to finish my solo, thanks.

Offline Rainbow

• Coeur de taxi
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/Rainbowstunting
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2013, 08:57:01 AM »
My parents are asleep in the same lil' cosy hotel room, sister is listening to music and the wifi is working. So out of boredom with the half an hour I have left I made a review thing just incase someone is motivated to write one.  :P Thanks for the kind replies so far. It's nice to see some frustration and hard work pay off.

Code: [Select]
Review by:

Intro(ish) thing:

Stunts:
0:20-0:38 -
0:39-0:57 -
0:58-1:17 -
1:18-1:32 -
1:33-1:51 -
1:52-2:04 -
2:05-2:24 -
2:25-2:37 -
2:38-2:57 -
3:16-3:32 -
3:33-3:52 -

3:55-4:24 -
4:25-4:50 -
4:51-5:08 -
5:09-5:29 -
5:30-5:55 -

Music:

Editing:

Offline Cooper

• Veteran Member
  • fumo porro meto drop bump
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2013, 09:07:30 AM »
Stunting level on this video is fucking fantastic. Editing and the atmosphere (i think its the same) made it even better. You sick fuck.

Offline Omma!

• SeƱor Member
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2013, 09:18:59 AM »
Review by: OMMAA

Intro(ish) thing: Great cam works there, didn't know that you could use scripted camera for stunts :D Also i like those moving lines at the text :cc_detective:

Stunts:
0:20-0:38 - Really great combo! At first I tought they were 2 separate reps :P
0:39-0:57 - Overwhored roof but good way to land it to top.
0:58-1:17 - Other overwhored roof but I really like the execution of the stunt, and those doors open make it even more stylish!
1:18-1:32 - One of my favorite stunts in this video, I truly loved this :cc_detective:
1:33-1:51 - O I remember you posted a clip of this in mtv, great way of landing that bridge.
1:52-2:04 - Another good stunts there liked the idea :D
2:05-2:24 - This one was totally unexpected for me, big up!
2:25-2:37 - At first I was like, you better not lame that by landing only the roof, but thank god you didn't :3
2:38-2:57 - Awesome spin man, cool taxi color aswell :cc_detective:
3:16-3:32 - Great one there, would've been better if landed 4 wheel tho  :cc_detective:
3:33-3:52 - This is the stunt where you used col mod? I don't really mind anyway, the spin between the first 2 boost and the high roof make it fucking stylish for me, perfect execution!

3:55-4:24 - Great new way to land this crane :3 I actually tought you would only land that lower crane precision :P
4:25-4:50 - Well after seeing MtS precision this one seems kinda "lame", but its still a good stunt, cool jump on the landing btw :D
4:51-5:08 - I wondered what would you land there :P Good precision!
5:09-5:29 - Really stilysh stunt, tight precision there man :wub:
5:30-5:55 - Awesome stunt with all those spin, only way to make it better would've been to finish the 3rd grind and land above that ramp  :cc_detective:

Music: Sick music man, just like your live solo of last year I can't stop listening to it!

Editing: I didn't liked the CC at some parts but the cam works and those colorful effect made it fucking enjoyable to watch :wub:

I don't normally make reviews to vid, the last one I made was probably 2-3 years ago, solo of the year for me :cc_detective:

Offline Diaz

• Veteran Member
  • WH
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2013, 10:33:07 AM »
Amazing video dude, good effort. I'm not a fan of boosts but this entertained me well. Props on landing these stuff, especially the finisher even though it was not perfect, still a smart find. The editing and the songs were also decent, all in all one of the most enjoyable taxi solos of all time.

Offline PrzemOO

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2013, 02:38:42 PM »
Review by: guess who :)

Intro(ish) thing: Really nice, sets the mood just right for the video and teases with these small cameras of the Zebra spinning in air, short as well so it was all great.

Stunts:
0:20-0:38 - Smooth action, great line to do and a good way to start off the video, me likey.
0:39-0:57 - Smart idea, boosting that narrow surface and hitting the balconies for the top of the building, looks good and hard to get that direction.
0:58-1:17 - This one looks awesome and hard at the same time, getting that second boost for a split second not to get off course looks sweet.
1:18-1:32 - Now this is an obvious spot for that crane but I assume it's new, good height and finishing off with a precision is  .
1:33-1:51 - Looks like a dick of a spot to get the boost and then fall on the very edge of that pillar, sweet stunt.
1:52-2:04 - Technical shit, getting that side-slide for the wall can't be that easy and then the precision is only making it better.
2:05-2:24 - Now this particular stunt is so good looking I can't even express myself properly, the close call on the landing also adds to the appeal, one of my favorites in the video.
2:25-2:37 - Smart approach and a good precision, well done.
2:38-2:57 - Must be hard, good that it pays off with the look.
3:16-3:32 - Another favorite one, simply because I've never noticed that precision on the building, nor have I seen anyone land any of these!
3:33-3:52 - This is the kind of stunt I'd know was landed by you if I were shown a raw clip of it, great double boost with really good spins between the walls and a high landing!

3:55-4:24 - You must be insane on some level to try this, I wouldn't even be able to boost off the ship back to the ground! Awesome.
4:25-4:50 - I like how you release this just after MtS' precision so people can't throw shit at you for not doing that and appreciate this landing as well. Good stunt, the distance was huge. Also, that little celebration-dance move reminded me of RedX somehow, either way it was a real eye candy haha, love it.
4:51-5:08 - Eagle eye! Great spot, the bounce off the ground back to the higher part made me smile. :D
5:09-5:29 - I don't know why I haven't paid attention to this stunt when you've shown it to me earlier, but this truly shows how much control you have over the vehicle. The way you drop down to bounce and boost off the wall and then manage to stay on the precision when the attempt didn't help a lot with the landing I'd say (sorry if I'm wrong, never been stunting with Zebra!) makes you the king of the junkyard.
5:30-5:55 - I can imagine what you've been through if to keep trying or to go with this attempt. As much as I would love to see you grind the whole third wall, I understand your choice given the time you spent on it. Still a damn rewarding stunt, very good way to end the video with a technical stunt for a change.

Music: I liked it a lot, like in all your videos, both songs flowed well together. :D

Editing: I was surprised to see the editing is this good, I thought it would be rushed when I saw it's released this quick. It was spot-on, really underlined stunting in this and gave an awesome atmosphere during the whole experience.  The only thing I disliked was that effect on the very last camera of the finisher when you made these bright transisions or whatever it was, the rest was just right, I enjoyed the use of these free cameras a lot! My favorite editing in VC this year for sure man, therefore I vote you for SSU VC video editor. :ajaja:

To sum it up, I can't remember to enjoy a Taxi themed video this much, this was honestly a great experience. Can't remember much from VC this year but this is possibly the best solo for me, just good fucking job man, be proud.

Offline RedX

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2013, 04:44:56 PM »
Amazing! My favorites were 2:20 and 3:40, but there wasn't a single filler in here. And such lovely music and soothing editing, very enjoyable <3

edit:
oh, colmod, disappoint : <

Offline Scavenger

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2013, 02:34:35 AM »
Nice atmosphere. I like your ideas. :)

Offline Demon

• Wasteland Heroes
  • conceited guys are ridiculous
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2013, 10:01:40 AM »
brilliant precs

Offline FELIX

• formerly known as Flava and cloudwalker
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2013, 01:10:50 PM »
Great usage of freeplay cams, definitely build up a nice atmosphere. Enjoyed it!

Offline Arnax

• beyond
  • Veteran Member
  • Solus Ipse
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2013, 01:49:49 AM »
You are my favorite taxi stunter and one of the best ever for sure. You have such a great skill. Perfect taxi vid. 10/10

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal