Author Topic: Alumnus - Diaz's Best Of  (Read 19569 times)

Offline dirtybird78

• misSdirecti0n
  • V.I.P. Member
  • Est. 2005
    • View Profile
Re: Alumnus - Diaz's Best Of
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2015, 12:16:43 PM »
Aw shit..

Just woke up, gonna check this out in a few.. brb

Edit: Sweet video D, and very nice edit PK. I thought the intro was awesome too, loved that. I may do a template review soon, just have a lot going on right now. Didn't have time to even watch this 11 minute video, but it's a major SA vid, so I made time. DOPE!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 12:40:30 PM by dirtybird78 »

Offline NoLimit

• Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2015, 12:28:29 PM »
Damn! What a best of!
I freaking loved the editing on this one and the songs man,
there were outstanding and enjoyable.  The colors fit the songs good.
What a shame with a minor lag, though. SV can be a bitch sometimes.
Nice to see you you brought back the old cinematic camera. Felt nostalgic!
Great stunts by Diaz! Be proud both of you, guys! That was awesome! :)

Offline SyperDimon

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2015, 12:43:21 PM »
Nice!

Offline Scavenger

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2015, 12:51:00 PM »
Just amazing! I love that intro, good job!

Offline tomiboy

• pls
  • SASL 2014 Judges
  • tomiboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2015, 01:19:23 PM »
damn, sad to see another good man go  :(
when i first saw that the video was over 10 minutes long i was afraid that you might have done the same mistake i did with my best of, but i'm glad you didn't.
stunts were on a high level, but i think you already know that. but what i liked the most, was that i could connect almost every stunt to the original videos' vibes they were in (especially because i was in like half of those  :lol: ) and there are hardly any best ofs where i can do that.  this gave me some flashbacks to the time where i was an absolute noob and totally looked up to you and smut when i saw arrowhead, or just simply the times when the scene was alot more alive, when there was a new video almost every day and stunting was the central core of my gaming. haven't had that feeling in a very long time, so thanks a lot for that!

Offline Reynard The Fox

• Reynolds
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2015, 01:43:29 PM »
Jesus this fucking soundtrack  :lol: :lol: :lol: Cool video Diaz, could be a little shorter and less dramatic.

Offline Artifex

• Artifex
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2015, 02:03:54 PM »
Jesus this fucking soundtrack  :lol: :lol: :lol: Cool video Diaz, could be a little shorter and less dramatic.

Offline Diaz

• Veteran Member
  • WH
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2015, 02:14:31 PM »
damn, sad to see another good man go  :(
when i first saw that the video was over 10 minutes long i was afraid that you might have done the same mistake i did with my best of, but i'm glad you didn't.
stunts were on a high level, but i think you already know that. but what i liked the most, was that i could connect almost every stunt to the original videos' vibes they were in (especially because i was in like half of those  :lol: ) and there are hardly any best ofs where i can do that.  this gave me some flashbacks to the time where i was an absolute noob and totally looked up to you and smut when i saw arrowhead, or just simply the times when the scene was alot more alive, when there was a new video almost every day and stunting was the central core of my gaming. haven't had that feeling in a very long time, so thanks a lot for that!
It was a pleasure to read your thoughts and yes, we have had almost the same career with similar stages, and it's always been great to know you! Thanks for the CP times especially  :happy:

Thanks for the feedback guys, really appreciate them  :jajaja:

Offline OrangeW

• The unholy offspring of herp and derp itself.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2015, 02:30:35 PM »
Fucking amazing. I love the music choice and the stunts complimented that very well.

The edit was amazing too, GJ PK :)

Offline JustAdam

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2015, 03:19:18 PM »
Just amazing! I love that intro, good job!

...and of course good luck in next productions!  :a-cheer:

Offline plak

• Veteran Member
  • zazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2015, 03:53:51 PM »
I remember long time ago on samp when you told me you wanted to be a big stunter.

In my opinion you did it, lots of great stunts.

Offline Diaz

• Veteran Member
  • WH
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2015, 04:06:21 PM »
I'm glad you think so, plak  :)
Thanks for the feedback!

Offline FrankInsanity

• The Green One
  • Veteran Member
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2015, 05:08:00 PM »
I take my hat off to you. :euro:

Offline PK

• Misanthrope
  • Satan's Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2015, 06:02:17 PM »
I remember long time ago on samp when you told me you wanted to be a big stunter.

In my opinion you did it, lots of great stunts.

Holy shit.

Offline PtRvY

• WH Crew
  • Veteran Member
  • Wasteland Hero / BT Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2015, 06:16:08 PM »
Diaz hogy vagy

It felt really good to see this released, I can proudly say I remember all of these stunts, and could roughly order them chronologically even. I knew you'd make it big at some point, ever since I first had a chance to get in contact with your stunts. I might try to make a fuller review later on, but I believe it would be redundant - you know my thoughts on most of these. Thank you very much for the special mention among all those special people - means a lot.

I have to say that, editing-wise, the video created way too much hype early on. The intro was truly masterful, but the main part felt slightly lackluster; the CC work seemed all over the place (especially in the moments when it suddenly switched from blue to red without any motivation from the soundtrack's side) and the camera angles seemed to have too much motion. Overall it was a satisfactory editing job, but I feel like it didn't nearly live up with the standards set for it by the intro. At least I think the outro had a very good and clean vibe to it, so the video ended on a high note in that respect. Nevertheless, I still think you're one of the few truly capable & active editors around here, so I hope you'll keep producing stuff - I'll be happy to watch them whenever they come.

Overall, I give a solid 8.5/10 to this video. The stunts are definitely worth a 9.5 though. Good job, Patrik.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal