Offline Ed

• MO Crew
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
C
« on: January 13, 2013, 03:34:24 PM »

C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control

Okay, there goes my next review.

To start with, this anime concept isn't quite what you're usually bond to see. It has so many in only 11 episodes and it is still not even nearly enough! Prepare to experience very odd romance thing, colorful yet so dark and creative world, incredible fights and big, BIG amounts of money included.

"C" is very unique one, sometimes hard to understand, sometimes having different feelings and a pack of whole different genres included. It has so many hidden subliminal messages that you must watch every, even the smallest event. Every character is portrayed (in graphical, emotional and subjective means) like all the basic trends a human can act and coexist with anothers (there goes the first subliminal message of the anime). Though the economy part is pretty much nonsense, there's no need to be advanced in economy to get the facts and happenings though.

Basically it is about the world made for money and of money, a bank created by gods/god (fuck, another subliminal message, but it's kind of revealed in the end). The users are picked up randomly and are given a creature called "asset" which helps user to win immense amounts of money. The fights are nicely odd, a game-like style; I'm even thinking they created or will create a game based on this anime. Fights can be picked randomly or by will, but the winning user may either completely destroy another one in financial terms as well as his future (asset) or create a lot less problems but win a lot less money. This is what's the most entertaining: a user has completely free will though he's required to fight or give out half of his funds. Moreover, an asset is the user's future in direct meaning of the word.

Now the weak points of the anime. I didn't like how compressed the story was. They could have at least made 24-26 episodes, that'd explain a lot more, but whatever... Another weak point is the fights are very short and a bit repetetive - the protagonist uses way too much same moves. But at least the fights aren't boring because each and own asset is different (as well as the user). Also I myself didn't get some of the parts, maybe need to rewatch it, and the ending is too damn abrupt.

The soundtrack is amazing. OP is very well done in both graphical and sound parts. The art is astonishing, a perfect pleasure for eyes. The characters are well done, with a good thought and their looks are connected with their personalities as well as their assets. The story would be awesome, but the lack of episodes made it a bit hard to understand on some parts as I mentioned before and some parts which I'd find entertaining, interesting and useful are missing. But considering all pros and cons I think it's a great choice if you want to watch something COMPLETELY different than you already did. Highly recommended from me.

I give it a strong 8/10, mostly because of the highly compressed and unfinished plot. Cheers.

P.S.: If you ever decide to watch the thing, I recommend [gg] group release, you'll find out why.  :cc_detective:
P.P.S: How did you like the review? Any opinions and constructive criticism?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 04:22:36 PM by Ed »

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
Re: C
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 02:28:08 AM »
Watched two episodes of this last night, It seems alright. I really like the character designs. But I also really dislike the extreme 3D usage, even some of the characters are 3D and that looks so bad tbh. The plot kind of reminds me of those card game anime, like yu-gi-oh and stuff, except they are trying to target it towards older audiences with this finance business. I've still just seen two episodes, but I'll probably keep watching to see where it goes. But 11 episodes I can see this being kind of rushed.

Offline Ed

• MO Crew
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 01:44:52 PM »
Did you see what kind of characters are expressed in 2d and 3d? I think it's another hidden subliminal message. : P

...at least in my own opinion/interpretation.

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 10:35:08 PM »
Yes I noticed, but I don't agree, because they seem to be 3D at totally random points. They are drawn in 2D as well at times. But I get the whole, the city is 3D the things belonging to the city are 3D. But if that really was the case, wouldn't said characters be 3D at all times? I mean, they are 2D as much as 3D so it just seems random to me.

Offline Ed

• MO Crew
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 02:04:35 AM »
I'll try to be as much intent as I can when rewatching it later. Can't tell anything now, got drunk yesterday and forgot pretty much half the details about the anime.  :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal