Author Topic: Blast From The Past Double: Torn & Pulse  (Read 3166 times)

Offline kaneda

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
Blast From The Past Double: Torn & Pulse
« on: April 19, 2011, 03:06:10 AM »
This week's BFTP is another double feature showcasing the earlier efforts from one of the best stunters in the game - Barney. It goes without saying that Barney's influence in the stunting world is virtually immeasurable. Barney didn't simply live up to the standards - he set them. This holds true not only now, but way back when he released two of his most innovative vids - Torn & Pulse.

Released right on top of one another, these two vids caught the attention of every single stunter of that time. At the time Barney was aMpT's newest member, and he managed to somehow take the most notable stunting crew and lift their status even higher. Both Torn and Pulse feature fantastic creativity executed with surgical precision. These are the kind of vids that just have you saying 'wow' from the first frame to the last - a feat rarely pulled off in a single vid, let alone two successive ones. It's almost as if Barney was born to stunt, he simply does it that well.

At this point in time, colour corrections and 10,000X8000 resolution renders weren't exactly the norm, but the reason for that is that nobody cared back then. Stunting was still about stunting and Barney's vids were the perfect verification for that. While music choices aren't to my personal taste - they definitely inject the vids with a healthy dose of energy. 

Enjoy Torn and Pulse.

FUN FACT: I'll let Barney himself impart this week's fun fact.

Torn

Pulse

Offline TurBo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Blast From The Past Double: Torn & Pulse
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 05:51:34 AM »
A great BFTP, really liked the early solos made by Barney and this is no exception, and indeed he left a significant mark on VC stunting no doubt.

Offline Dimension

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 07:17:37 AM »
Thanks, Kan for that good read :mellow:
thereĀ“s a Channel with old Videos from Barney:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Barney4evernever

Offline Radioaktive

• Veteran Member
  • spinning faghorse
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 07:20:34 AM »
"colour corrections and 10,000X8000 resolution"
 :mellow:

Offline Barney

• Veteran Member
  • Adebisi's Hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 07:29:16 AM »
Fun fact: I made so many auditions to aMpT, that by the time I finally made it in (with Carnage II), the majority of the crew didn't stunt anymore and I never got to make a video with them.

Appreciate the blasting Kan, thanks.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 07:31:54 AM by Barney »

Offline Sear

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 07:34:09 AM »
Barney is the man around here, deep respect.

Offline Kingjad

• Veteran Member
  • Fat Bastard
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 07:52:18 AM »
Regardless of whether you like or dislike Barney, fact is he's one of the best ever. One to not only set the standards, but to revolutionise the stunting scene altogether.

Also, he supported me in the GTASL against Daffy :P but I let him down lol.

Offline Caio

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2011, 01:45:13 PM »
Stunting was still about stunting

True, that's why I love those videos :)

Offline Jubito

• I got CDs in my crate like crack in my pocket...yeah right, neither of the above
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2011, 03:35:57 AM »
Just simply awesome  ;D

Barney you are THE man!

Offline JustCaus3

• aka tuutti
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2011, 01:58:29 AM »
Torn's stunts were really cool, that Cabbie bump to on a wall in dowtown must have been awesome at the time  :ajaja: sad that the music was muted  :(

Pulse was just pure awesomeness, awesome music with great stunts, many great stunts  :ajaja: Also, about that finisher with the Faggio 360 stoppie.. who was the first person to ever do that?  :hmm:

Offline kaneda

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2011, 03:33:39 AM »
That very one is the first I can ever recall seeing.

Offline aMpT Mike

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2011, 02:13:26 PM »
Fun fact: I made so many auditions to aMpT, that by the time I finally made it in (with Carnage II), the majority of the crew didn't stunt anymore and I never got to make a video with them.

Appreciate the blasting Kan, thanks.

It's true, I dont recall exactly how/when we accepted you into ampt but at one point ampt was untouchable. We had knightnight and barney (and me of course haha) it was the shit. I always tried to convince barney on msn to stay in ampt but he wanted more. He wanted to be the best and he ended up leaving since we didn't care so much for making videos anymore at that point. It's a shame really. And I'm also sad that I never got to make a collab stunt vid with barney :(

by the way, that one taxi stunt in Torn where you keep doing those corkscrews into the construction site is still one of my favourite stunts to this day.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 02:14:58 PM by aMpT Mike »

Offline Barney

• Veteran Member
  • Adebisi's Hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2011, 04:33:15 PM »
I really just wanted to make a video with you guys, that obviously wasn't going to happen so I moved on. I didn't exactly have my sights set on world domination...

Offline Kingjad

• Veteran Member
  • Fat Bastard
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2011, 05:06:24 PM »
mike - it is NEVER too late to make that happen. You are still here - it's not as if it's an impossible dream :) but we are in danger of going off-topic - this is about appreciating Barney's early efforts. Hard to imagine the kind of impact this video had, guess you had to be there but still some real impressive stunts. Whenever I'm on VCMP and try to inform people of GTAStunting, I have one word on how to get them inspired - UnorthodoX.

Offline aMpT Mike

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2011, 05:21:37 PM »
whenever Im on VCMP I tell people to avoid Kingjad at all costs. for their own good.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal