Author Topic: Queen  (Read 2695 times)

Offline aMpT Mike

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Queen
« on: April 06, 2011, 05:29:15 PM »
If you dont like Queen, you're an asshole and I hope you burn in hell. I know you kids like your heavy death metal like Deicide but Queen is one of the greatest bands ever. Freddy Mercury has to be the best singer of all time. Mike Patton being a close second. (and trust me, I am the biggest Mike Patton fan).

Discuss Queen in this thread.

Offline Sasha Dotterkletch

• Worst stunter of South America
    • View Profile
    • 3d gallery
Re: Queen
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 06:10:36 PM »
i think the queens of europe are a bit olders.

LOL jk, my favourite is stone cold crazy :3

Offline Laketown

• Veteran Member
  • the impostress
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 06:33:04 PM »
Queen's alright I guess but definitely not that great.

also you can not like deicide or queen you know
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 06:35:58 PM by Laketown »

Offline Kacknase

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 07:00:33 AM »
Apparently i'm just an asshole but queen is totally overrated and not even THAT good in my opinion. Of course they were damn successful back then but well... i mean these cheesy and greasy guitar riffs (which were, of course, supposably fucking awesome in those days) in combination with some unique but bothersome voice aren't really my cup of tea. Another One Bites the Dust is actually the only enjoyable song from them but oh wait.. i totally forgot about that important rule:

Old bands = True fucking music, they were all so talented!!
New bands = What happend to our gud old moozic?!?! Untalented and half-arsed douche bags

Offline matroska

• Kill them sodomizers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011, 07:13:29 AM »
Freddy Mercury has to be the best singer of all time.
I love you Mike. This sentence is incredibly accurate.

Offline Reynard The Fox

• Reynolds
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2011, 07:18:58 AM »
Ye Queen is a pretty good band, their music is quite timeless. Innuendo is Queen's best song in my opinion.

Offline Luky

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2011, 08:08:00 AM »
I was growing up with Queen, used to love them back then.

Offline RedX

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2011, 09:21:37 AM »
Saying somebody is the best guitarist/singer/band whatever is just plain dumb. Artists are different and should therefore be judged separately and based on their own terms.

And I don't know why you're talking about the "kids" listening to "heavy death metal" when Queen is primarily a rock band. However I'd like such "kids" to hear the origins of metal, f.ex the tracks How Many More Times or Dazed And Confused, from Led Zeppelins first album, so fucking heavy.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 09:24:09 AM by Red »

Offline Jubito

• I got CDs in my crate like crack in my pocket...yeah right, neither of the above
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2011, 10:04:25 AM »
Saying somebody is the best guitarist/singer/band whatever is just plain dumb. Artists are different and should therefore be judged separately and based on their own terms.

And I don't know why you're talking about the "kids" listening to "heavy death metal" when Queen is primarily a rock band. However I'd like such "kids" to hear the origins of metal, f.ex the tracks How Many More Times or Dazed And Confused, from Led Zeppelins first album, so fucking heavy.
Totally agree!
Also Queen is ok, never was a hardcore fan though, I prefer Pink Floyd  :wub: :wub:

Offline bluedagger

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2011, 10:10:35 AM »
chill mayne

Offline aMpT Mike

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2011, 02:54:30 PM »

I wouldn't say it's plain dumb. By making such a claim, you spark debates over music interests and although it all comes down to opinion, there are certain truths with some things. Somebody could argue Slipknot is a better band then Pink Floyd but any rational human being who isn't deaf would think that person is an idiot.

Why I'm doing that is simple. throughout my years on this site I've noticed a lot of people here have similar tastes in music and a lot of it metal. That's not a bad thing by any means but I'm trying to expose other kinds of music such as Queen. Freddy Mercury was one of a kind in terms of his singing abilities. He was more skilled than the average singer in the sense he could reach certain octaves that others cannot. And he has a great sounding voice to go with it.

Offline Arnax

• beyond
  • Veteran Member
  • Solus Ipse
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2011, 03:18:34 PM »
I am not fan of Queen but it is certainly one of the few mainstream bands for respect. I would only add that people should come down to the underground and find out who were role-models and inspiration for mainstream bands.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 03:35:17 PM by Arnax »

Offline aMpT Mike

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2011, 04:51:03 PM »
whats up with all that shit in your avatar? do people read that shit?

Offline Arnax

• beyond
  • Veteran Member
  • Solus Ipse
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2011, 08:57:22 AM »
whats up with all that shit in your avatar? do people read that shit?
I suppose that you think on the text in the signature, what sucks about it? I think it's a real art and wonderful poetry full of dark psychedelia. As such of course it was not created for everyone, so someone will read and someone won't, but I'm not interested.

By the way Freddy Mercury was gay.  :P
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 10:21:01 AM by Arnax »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal