Author Topic: Pirates of the Carribean: On Duller Tides  (Read 1275 times)

Offline kaneda

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
Pirates of the Carribean: On Duller Tides
« on: March 23, 2011, 03:50:39 AM »
Forgive me. I don't normally open topics just to deride upcoming movies, but I couldn't let this one slide. I'm not a fan of the Carribean franchise, although I didn't mind the first and the second was passable. The third, however, was a pile of codswallop that left my memory no sooner than it had entered it.

Now, obviously for pure cash-in purposes, we're on to Pirates of the Carribean 4: Johnny Depp Collects Another Pay Cheque. I watched the trailer for this movie out of pure desperation for a trailer that I haven't seen (I'm big on trailers for some bizarre reason), and I gotta say...even the trailer had me reaching for a pillow and blanky. The Fountain of Youth? Blackbeard (who was an ACTUAL pirate)? Penelope fucking Cruz??? What is this shit? You'd think with the umpteen squillion dollars the original three movies made that they could have pieced together something even a tad better than that. Captain Jack Sparrow VS Godzilla would have sounded better...and that sounds like utter crap!

I only ever saw the one Pirates entry (Dead Man's Chest) at the cinemas, and I'll be making damn sure that doesn't change. I'll keep my $20 and spend it on custard tarts that I can hurl at old people as they wait outside the bank on pension day.

Let me know what ya think about the movie, guys - positive or negative.

DISCLAIMER: Any person or persons relating anything positive about the movie will be beaten soundly with a large chunk of Penelope Cruz's nose - she can spare it.

Offline aMpT Mike

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Pirates of the Carribean: On Duller Tides
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 02:38:34 PM »
There are only two reasons to see this movie. Johnny Depp and Penelope Cruz. The movie will most likely be shit, but I'm a huge Depp fan and Cruz is smokin'. It will probably be a movie best experienced in theatres for its visual appeal, but Im sure the plot, script and so forth will be pretty bad. Like you said, it's a money maker kind of movie, Depp makes an insane amount of money off these movies. I wont end up seeing it though.

Offline Raskal

• Furniture Cadet
  • Veteran Member
  • I like stuff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 04:51:30 PM »
I watched the trailer as well and failed to get sucked in. It doesn't seem like the movie is going to really offer anything we've already seen in the first three. I only remember the first two, I thought they were pretty decent actually. I'll agree with Mike, I'm a fan of Depp, and Penelope Cruz is someone I'd be DTF. I will not see this in theaters, but I might stream it online though when I'm really baked.

Offline Veno

• ForbiddenElement.
  • Veteran Member
  • This sentance is a lie.
    • View Profile
    • Venomous`s YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 04:58:30 PM »
well tbh i'm waitong for this movie like a lot really can't wait, tho the reason is almost like Mikes one, just bcuz of Depp, i just love that guy, really, briliant actor, so i wanna see it, the letdown is that here`s is not Orlando and Keira :/
and that chick named Penelopa is looking for some trouble as she`s in thsi movie  <_<
still gonna watch it for sure, i`m a huge fan of Pirates of the Caribbean. and so you know this movie will be shit cuz director is different, old one died :/
and Depp didn`t wanted to participate, but they promissed loads of money, and now he has record, the most payed actor of all time.

Offline Reynard The Fox

• Reynolds
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 03:25:55 AM »
Lost interest after the 1st movie. I've watched the second and the third I guess, don't quite remember. It's just so stupid and unrealistic that a woman with a forced English accent is capable of running a whole ship of bat-shit crazy pirates. The woman back then really didn't see something else than the kitchen.

Offline Jason

• V.I.P. Member
  • Grains in the hourglass.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2011, 03:32:16 AM »
A good excuse to get my mack on. And I guess I enjoy the series, pirates are deadly unna.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal