Author Topic: Best albums of 2010  (Read 9177 times)

Offline RedX

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Best albums of 2010
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2010, 09:01:49 AM »
It's not really my genre, but after all the critical acclaim, I felt the need to check out Kanye West's album My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy... Didn't care for every single song, but many of them were really interesting, innovative and simply fun to listen to.

Monster - Kanye West

This for example

Offline DeathCobra

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2010, 09:16:48 AM »
Apparat - DJ Kicks: Stunning compilation. Burial, Four Tet, Autechre, Tim Hecker, Thom Yorke, you just can't go wrong. Sayulita and Moth are just outstanding.

The Orb feat. David Gilmour - Metallic Spheres: Some of the finest musical minds butt heads, with a pretty schizophrenic outcome.

The Blood Of Heroes - Self Titled: Personal favorite. Sludge metal meets breakbeat. I love it.

Klute - Music For Prophet: If numdmind were still around, he'd probably orgasm at this one. Techstep drum and bass at its finest.

Argh, almost forgot this gem.

Four Tet - There Is Love In You: Diverse is an understatement with this guy. Ever-changing, and yet always impressive.
Four Tet - Angel Echoes

Not a bad year at all to be fair :P
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 09:40:03 AM by DeathCobra »

Offline PtRvY

• WH Crew
  • Veteran Member
  • Wasteland Hero / BT Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2010, 12:10:41 PM »
Bonobo - Black Sands
Was really awesome, can't really say any more.

BT - These Hopeful Machines
A true masterpiece for me, amazing from start to end.

Hadouken! - For The Masses
Kinda different than the usual music I listen to, but the tunes are catchy as hell (most of them).

Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
As Red said, truly innovative and not something I'd expect from Kanye.

Pendulum - Immersion
For me this was an anticipated release, pretty much since the beginning of '10. Didn't disappoint at all, it was much better than its predecessor.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 12:15:06 PM by PtRvY »

Offline Spike

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2010, 12:33:29 PM »

Offline Helios

• Veteran Member
  • vacuum-cleaner salesman
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2010, 01:47:29 PM »
Dagoba - Poseidon

Fear Factory: Mechanize

Offline Seto0

• >(^.^)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2010, 02:00:15 PM »
Dagoba - Poseidon

FUCK! I totally forgot about that. :(

Offline VeganeBrodwärschd

• formerly known as Senti
  • Veteran Member
  • also known as Alteryo
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2010, 06:03:44 PM »
Hm... difficult to say. I actually don't regret buying one specific album, I like all albums that I bought this year, but I liked only a few very much :

Comeback Kid - Symptoms and Cures

The first song has an impact that won't leave you calm. You just gotta move to "Do Yourself a Favor" and also "G.M. Vincent & I" and "Because of All the Things" are two very moving songs. Wish I could see them playing those songs live.

Parkways Drive - Deep Blue

Well, at first I was disappointed from their latest album, but after listening to it for quite some time, I really got into it. It really gets heavier the more you listen to it. My favorites are "Deliver Me", "Dead Weight", "Pressures" and "Set to Destroy"

Heaven Shall Burn - Iconoclast III : Invictus

Now this is the best album I have heard in 2010. The lyrics are very meaningful and make you think about stuff. Also the songs reach a crushing brutality that can only be measured if you actually saw them live.

______

So stoked for the new Architects album, which a lot of their fans actually don't like, dunno why, but I'm stoked the most for the new "Winds of Plague" album <3

Offline Radioaktive

• Veteran Member
  • spinning faghorse
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2010, 06:42:00 PM »

« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 07:02:32 PM by Radioaktive »

Offline Determined

• Pro Coral Collector
  • Veteran Member
  • Pridestalker
    • View Profile
    • Determined's YT Acc
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2010, 07:04:14 PM »

I don't really pay attention to newer installments in music, as there's much to explore going back, so that's about it for me.

Offline DaredevilX

• XTRMNTR
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2010, 05:34:24 AM »
I would go with everything that DeathCobra posted... nice taste, sir and add this thing:

Offline RedX

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2010, 05:45:05 AM »
Just wanna say I listened through Wild Hunt yesterday and it's really a great album, I wish it was longer though. Also you can really hear how he's drawn inspiration from Bob Dylan, so the whole sound of the album wasn't exactly original, at least not to me.

I looked through metacritics 2010 albums yesterday and concluded I have nothing more to contribute with in this topic lol, I'm still stuck exploring the music of the 50s, 60s and 70s, which I think is far better than most of the new music I hear these days anyway :P

btw 80s music fucking sucks, but there has been some okay stuff in the 90s and 00s though. somebody should make topics for the best music of each decade

Edit: I'll be sure to check out some more of what's been posted here, keep them coming ^^
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 05:48:11 AM by Red »

Offline Caio

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2010, 05:48:32 AM »

Only bought the second one though, because it's the only one I can find without being imported
The one luli posted is great too

Offline puzzLe

• Veteran Member
  • Wasteland Heroes
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2010, 05:48:38 AM »
This one is great too, it's from a Dutch artist and he's only 19 but he already sounds like Bob Dylan Jr.

Ambient:
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 05:53:58 AM by Puzzle »

Offline DeathCobra

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2010, 06:03:29 AM »
Ambient:

Interloper was 2010?! :hmm:

I must admit World Of Sleepers was my favorite though. Just around 45 mins in, I spontaneously ejaculated.

If you like CBL, check out Symbion Project, Biosphere, Fennesz, Celer, Cell and Harold Budd. All great ambiance.

EDIT: Was considering adding LCD, but to be honest, I found it a little lacklustre compared to older works. It's by no means bad, just not quite as good as I expected.

Offline puzzLe

• Veteran Member
  • Wasteland Heroes
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2010, 06:10:00 AM »
Haha yeah it's 2010. ;)

World of Sleepers sounds great, thanks for the tip. And yeah Biosphere and Cell are great too, gonna check out the other ones you said.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal